Very nice Tom!
Cant wait to get this set. Will you make the run in ABS or FG?
Also, put me on the list when you start.
it will be both. chest and back will be made of fiberglass and the rest will be abs.
here is the pretty much finished back and front plate. the tank greeb will be set into the tank , right now i just have it sitting there.
here is the start of the shin and boot armor.
nz jedi helped on these. thanks tim!!
we talked abt the banana curve to that shin piece - look like u and NZ have been working overtime! nice curves man!
the tank detail worked out nice too.
What a beauty!! Nice work there!
here is the boot armor so far. real tricky to get the right look. they will be vacformed. so should be able to cut to fit.
coming along nicely i see
btw nice how-to on ur KS lid on BSN mate
i am in the middle of building and painting one of my helmets up because i did not like certain things on the first paint up and destroyed the helmet trying to get the paint off. i know ....what a *******. so that is slowing me down on the armor build.
but i hope to have the new halmet done soon and get back to the armor full time.
i pulled my first backplate and tank from the mold and it will work nicely. i have to mold up the tank greeb and the chest plate. **** rubber ain't cheap!!!
rubber ain't cheap indeed! i had a helmet mold fail this week... $80 worth of silicone in the trash.
i feel your pain STG. i had one fail about 2 weeks ago. just ordered 300 worth of rubber this morning. mumblemumblemumble..............................
here is the belt,cod and belt buckle make up. i plan to make the belt out of rubber. the cod and buckle will be made of abs.
i left a flap at the top of the belt so you can glue the belt flap to the inside of the cummerbund. i will leave a flap at the top of the cod piece so the belt,cod and cummerbund are all connected so they don't shift around when you wear the costume.
here are the shins cut in half for the vactable. they are almost done just got to do some fine tuning to the centers of the shins and fill some small spots.
here is new helmet i just got done with. thought you guys might like to see it. i finally got the right tint for the lens and man it makes a world of difference!! i took some black paper to see what the vents would look like with the black paper going straight back , i like it. so here it is................... much better tahn my first try at painting this bucket.
no real update, just converting all the armor over for vactable plugs. almost finished with my vactable.
i hope to start producing armor by the end of april!!!!!!!!
yay for me!!!!!
i will post pics after i have all the armor plugs done.
i need to know what you guys think about what to form them out of.
.125 on the thickness of the plastic.
my vote is hips , but you will have to lightly sand it before you paint and you get better detail, abs you do not.
Plans to sell this in a kit at some point Tom?
i hope to , it is alot of work building this just to keep it to myself.
thanks for the comments
here is where i am now. still working on the transition from armor to armor plugs for vacforming. not to much more to go really. i have to get my vactable finished. then it will all be down hill to getting to the finished costume.
sorry about the bad pics.
i am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Very nice work man. I've been watching it all along. This is one of my favorite clones! I think I'm probably too big to get a set if you produce them (6'06" 270-ish) unless you did an oversized run! But, I'd certainly be interested in at least a helmet!
Your work is beautiful man. I cant wait to see how it turns out when you finish the vactable. Don't give up.
MAN, I been away toooo long, I can't believe that I've missed out on
all your brillant progress on this fantastic suit.
I'm going yo have to play catch up on all your brillant work on here
and the BSN.
Outstanding work my friend, simply outstanding :)
thanks for the kind replies guys.
the build is getting there.
WOW! I'd love to have a set when you're ready.
Very interested in seeing more progress. Nice project.