New Clone Tropper Armor

From
    Arizona

New Clone Tropper Armor

Just got this in. WOOOHOOOO!!!! Clone trooper armor from R2Lass on clonetroopers.net
    Everything looks real good but I also have no basis for comparison. The plastic is nice and thick,standard 1/8 ". It is a little thin on the chest and back sides but most of that will be trimmed away anyway, so no biggie there. I'm diggin it and will more than likely start it after the new year and after I finish upgrading my custom Mando.
    Pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails clone-02-jpg   clone-armor-01-jpg  

From
    Seville, Spain

Re: New Clone Tropper Armor

Yes, it looks great. Are you going for a Utapau Shadow Trooper or a Gree?

From
    Arizona

not sure yet. Gonna get most of it physically together and fitted before I start figuring which one Im gonna do.Might just be a complete custom and not a cannon.

From
    Where I lay my head, Iraq

Interesting project.

From
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada

utopia said: View Post
    Just got this in. WOOOHOOOO!!!! Clone trooper armor from R2Lass on clonetroopers.net
    Everything looks real good but I also have no basis for comparison. The plastic is nice and thick,standard 1/8 ". It is a little thin on the chest and back sides but most of that will be trimmed away anyway, so no biggie there. I'm diggin it and will more than likely start it after the new year and after I finish upgrading my custom Mando.
    Pics
    How much did that run?

From
    Poland

Haha good luck I remember when I got my own kit, was sooo happy

You bought it without helmet, straps and belt ?

@Thaxos: Last time I checked it was around 300$ for armor (w/o shipping), might have changed though.

My armor is just ready for painting, want to see pics ?

From
    Arizona

It was around $400.00 with shipping I believe. Yea the belt I'm gonna try my hand at making. I've already made trooper style pouches but the new ones will be more accurate. I'm gonna try for a commander Gree. We'll see how it works out. The helmet I'll be hopefully doing a trade with the local 501st in tucson.The straps will probably be made orI'll save up an buy them from R2lass or OSCS if they have them available.

From
    Arizona

[QUOTE=kamel_m;480967]Haha good luck I remember when I got my own kit, was sooo happy

You bought it without helmet, straps and belt ?

@Thaxos: Last time I checked it was around 300$ for armor (w/o shipping), might have changed though.

My armor is just ready for painting, want to see pics ?[/QUOT]

Yes I would love to see pics

From
    Poland

It's nothing special of course, as it's "only" cut, glued, sanded, filled with putty, but gives an idea of final look
    http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/5873/pict0667f.jpg

Wow, 400$ ? I got everything you see on the above picture for 570 (with shipping).

From
    Arizona

kamel_m said: View Post
    It's nothing special of course, as it's "only" cut, glued, sanded, filled with putty, but gives an idea of final look
    http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/5873/pict0667f.jpg

Wow, 400$ ? I got everything you see on the above picture for 570 (with shipping).
    LOL "only" Thanks for the pic. Anything will help.Is your belt one solid foam peice? And do you have any pics of the back side?

From
    Poland

Yes, it's from Lisa as well (as most of the things on this pic). This type is no longer produced, but a new one is available, however it's more expensive (don't know how much exacly).

"Only" because I think that is about 60% done. Painting and assembly still to do

Few words of comment on it:
    - Last 2-3 boxes on each side are too far from each other, meaning there is nearly no place for TD once it's rounded and fitted to me (I'm pretty slim), but even using it's full length it leaves little place for td,
    - it's gray... so it needs to be painted and from what I've seen it's not easy to keep the paint on something that will be bent. I plan to keep it in it's 'round' position at all times to ensure minimum paint chipping.
    - it's foam and solid, yeah. Hard to cut it right, but luckily not so much of it in visible places was required

Keep us posted if you make any progress And remember to measure 10 times before cutting.

From
    Arizona

Hmmm.Never thought about the belt length and keeping all the boxes apprpriatley spaced.I'll keep that in mind.Measure ten times before cutting? Hell yea,I'm right there with ya on that one. I'll definatley put up progress photos. Hopefully in about a month.lot of other things going on and, well, you all know how that goes.

From
    Poland

Sure we know I started my build in September and didn't have much time on it, so Christmas break and New Year were my only chance to get things ready for painting. Studying in another city does not make things easy.
    More advices to come as you make progress

Will you be getting accessories like compad or knee detail ?

From
    Arizona

[QUOTE=kamel_m;481208]Sure we know I started my build in September and didn't have much time on it, so Christmas break and New Year were my only chance to get things ready for painting. Studying in another city does not make things easy.
    More advices to come as you make progress

Will you be getting accessories like compad or knee detail ?[/QUOTE. ]

Compad=Yes depending on what Gree has I need to do more resarch. And what Knee detail do you speak of?

From
    Poland

Check this site out:
    http://www.kaminoquartermasters.net/Gallery_Alpha.php
    There is a picture for it, as well as for other parts you may want to get or make yourself

On the picture I posted there is compad visible on left hand (which is really right forearm, but left on the pic) and there is the knee detail on the left knee (hardly visible, but it is there

From
    Arizona

Check this site out:
    http://www.kaminoquartermasters.net/Gallery_Alpha.php
    There is a picture for it, as well as for other parts you may want to get or make yourself

On the picture I posted there is compad visible on left hand (which is really right forearm, but left on the pic) and there is the knee detail on the left knee (hardly visible, but it is there
    Tanks. Its always those little things.

From
    Poland

Hey there, any update ?

From
    Arizona

Unfortunatley not. Life hit me hardcore and the suit is going to have to wait.Don't wanna bring anybody into my drama so this is propably going to be shelved until about 6 months. HAte it but thats whats gonna happen.

From
    Poland

That's too bad Hope everything will get better soon.
    Wolud it be ok for me to post pics of my armor if I get any advance with it ?

From
    Arizona

That's too bad Hope everything will get better soon.
    Wolud it be ok for me to post pics of my armor if I get any advance with it ?
    Of Course why would it not Be? Post away. The more I see will help when I do start. I want to see..Post away

Thats the same armor I have, I also got the belt, DC-15 rifle and blaster and phase 1 and phase 2 helmets from R2lass..
    It is a nice piece of armor..
    Good luck with your build.

From
    Northeast U.S.A

hey Bulldog!... what are your measurements? I'm interested in clone armor and trying to see what would best fit my build. You look like a bigger guy... if you wouldn't mind posting or PM'ing me I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

bulldog said: View Post
    Thats the same armor I have, I also got the belt, DC-15 rifle and blaster and phase 1 and phase 2 helmets from R2lass..
    It is a nice piece of armor..
    Good luck with your build.

you trying to say I'm fat!?!.. lol......
    Yeah I wiegh 250lbs, I am 5'11 kinda big. Exact measurments, will be PMed to you if you need. The armor is from K2lass

**** thats cool! u can wear that as long as u make the belts right? man im so jealous...gotta start makin my Mando armor soon, but i dont know what color scheme to do. well congrats ner vod, put pics as u progress kay?