Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

my kashyyyk trooper build......progress

From
    ALABAMA!!!!!

Re: my kashyyyk trooper build......progress

well the first sculpt was bad out of wack. symmetry was none exsistant. so the redo. i find clay to be the easiest to work with before resin and bondo.

From
    Deventer

I'm thinking about going for a Kashyyyk Scout aswell, 2 years ago i was planning to buy a kit from pghfett on the bikercout.net board but as he stopped making the kits, there wasn't much to go for, so I decided to go for a normal clone after that and came out with Commander Bly, as a very dear friend of mine was doing Commander Gree (wich I liked very much aswell).

Still thinking about going either for the Clone Wars recon scout or the Kashyyyk Scout.

Nonetheless I hope it's going to work out for you.

From
    ALABAMA!!!!!

reworked the helmet sculpt , still some symmetry issues..... i am not a computer LOL. the viser will be replaced. it does not have the correct shape.

From
    Wales, UK

Looking good!!!!

From
    ALABAMA!!!!!

worked out some of the symmetry issuses. started new viser. that thing is giving me fits trying to get the correct shape of the viser. ARRGGGHHH!!

From
    Middlesbrough UK

symmetry looking good there mate
    been tryin to find more screen caps/piccies - man its tough.
    but snout looks like it can be a little narrower

of course - u realise the angulated bit at the chin area is made up of 3 traingles?

hard to spot on the straight on view, but on the top down view - u seem to have captured the nice flair at the botton of the lid lip

never paid attention to visor before, but creen caps seem to match ur second go with it tapering inwards rather than being straight out from the lid.

btw - I think u bicep pieces look nice and accurate to the few piccies that I've seen.

continue to good work man!

Nate

From
    ALABAMA!!!!!

as always spot on observations. i narrowed the snout from 1 3/4" to 1 1/2". i think it looks better. i added a more pronounced checks than pghfetts helmet becuase of the stripes under the eye. and also the band that goes around the eye hole.

Account Deactivated

mrbungle said: View Post
    i used an old hard hat i trimmed , some sign material and a old paintball mask. all hot glued together. then i started adding clay.
    Do you have pics of this before clay was added.There are concerns your simply adding clay over a pghfett helmet. A inside shot of the sculpt as it is now would end the rumors quickly. thanks

From
    ALABAMA!!!!!

well to put any rumours to bed ,that this is not my work. here are the following pics. thanks you ,SGB for being honest and coming forward with what was being said and allowing me to clear my name.

oh i forgot i did use a toperware bowl i cut up to get the front brow and the notch in the back of the helmet.

From
    Middlesbrough UK

nice one mate

u dog still looks very suspicious

Nate

From
    ALABAMA!!!!!

LOL........

From
    Wales, UK

Sweet! I love how scratchbuilds and scratchbuilt masters can look so mesy underneath, yet become beautiful works of art when finished and cast.

Great work bro!

Account Deactivated

Thanks for cooperating Tom..Im sure this will lay the rumor to rest ill post info at the AC board.I also replied at the BSN board.
    And yeah that dog does look like he is up to no good

From
    Middlesbrough UK

great tom & Jason - everyone behaving like adults and a good result!

now guys - more comments pls! i really want to see this armour get the ground as I am a real clone addict, but ref material is sparse.

Tom pm sent abt package en route from UK

Nate

From
    ALABAMA!!!!!

a little update:

both arm band half way to being finished. sitll have some putty and sanding left.
    the piece in the middle is a little wide. i had sculpted this as one piece and decided after the the test pull it would not retain enough detail. so i ground out the piece and made a new one. the piece is not attached, it is just sitting there.

the left arm greeblies , i have built this box 3 times and counting. the rubber is to soft , but i had some left over to see if my scult was correct.

i also redid the shoulderbell and forearm piece, i will post pics when i have the arm armor done.

From
    Middlesbrough UK

hey tom - I am sure u hav seen all the nice ref photos on BSN - so wont bother reposting those.

very nice progress!

(1) bicep piece looks good. in fact its accurate to pics that I have in terms of shape and flares. the 2 resin rectangular blocks also look very good. the 'box' u got - cant comment, none of the ref images I have actually give me a detailed look at it. the straps look accurate, but cant say anything abt the box detail - soz

(2) u are right abt the shoulder bells, they look slightly to small (abt 20%?) next time u do a test fit, try puttin a bit of sponge in betwen the shoulder and the bell itself. All the ref pic of Kashyyyk (and other clone troopers); their bells are a few cm above their actual shoulder/

eager to see more

Nate

From
    ALABAMA!!!!!

pouches version I

here is the color samples , i bought some multi cam cloth and spraypainted them becase all the pouches are NOT the same color. some are grey ,white,or green looking.

here are pics of the pouches unpainted, and they are just taped on so forgive the position of them. they are syntra covered in camo cloth. (i can't sew) a bigger person would make these look better because of space. i just quessed on sizes of the pouches from screen shots. they will be more spaced out on the final costume because of layers of cloth.

From
    Middlesbrough UK

hey tom - man u work fast.
    i rember over xmas I was gonna try to work on one of the thigh boxes; and u've done ALL the body boxes!

looks good. maybe even consider velcroing each pouch on ur personal cossie - like on the modular webbings u get on assault vests u can use in paintballing.

man - u plannin to be a supplier of a WHOLE KS kit? thought u were only workin on the armour part.

Nate

From
    ALABAMA!!!!!

i am just supplying the armor and helmet. but i am building all the soft parts for my personal costume if i cannot buy them.

From
    ALABAMA!!!!!

here is me modeling the casting of the rough sculpt. now the real fun begins , bondo and alot of sanding.

and here is the sculpt after i reclaimed the clay , it broke my heart to do it , but you know, got to do what you got to do..........

From
    Middlesbrough UK

woah tom - wot does that compare to ur fett lid?

it looks kinda big

I helped at SDCC '08 987654321a's Avatar
    From
    San Diego, CA

Hey Tom, I have a question for you. From what I understand you order your stuff from Jgreer correct? If so, are you using their casting resin to slush cast? I just cant seem to get the layers to stick when I do my masks in that resin.

From
    ALABAMA!!!!!

here it is compared to a TE storm trooper helmet and a boba fett.

the problem is the length and trying to get your head in it.

From
    ALABAMA!!!!!

987654321a said: View Post
    Hey Tom, I have a question for you. From what I understand you order your stuff from Jgreer correct? If so, are you using their casting resin to slush cast? I just cant seem to get the layers to stick when I do my masks in that resin.
    this was just a quick casting. slush.

From
    Middlesbrough UK

ta for comparison shots Tom.
    aye it was the shot in profile (length?) - the back of head to nose - that looked a bit long
    the face and visor look spot on, but the bucket portion appears too elongated.

although not the same heres a shot of my biker lid in profile to demonstrate

dont really have any ref piccies of the lid in profile to give better critique though maybe SGB can help?

are u aiming to make the lid a flip up?

btw - the speed you work at is just too nauseating!! great progress as usual