My First Star Wars Costume: Darth Nihilus - Halloween Party Pics are up!

From
    Shanghai, China

My First Star Wars Costume: Darth Nihilus - Halloween Party Pics are up!

Happy Halloween Everyone.

I skipped Halloween last year by wearing a cheesy Death Eater Skull I made and this year I won't be that cheesy otherwise I shouldn't be on this Costume and Prop Forum.
    Since my Predator costume is no where near ready I've decided to become Darth Nihilus. My first very involved Star Wars costume!

My homemade mask will be similar to the Character but with a twist: I've added Predator-ish aesthetics such as skulls and spine instead of the usual Star War-ish decorations of girly jewels.
    After all I am becoming a Sith Lord who is a Wraith like spirit whose essence is kept alive thru the mask. Oh did I mention he also sucks the Life Force from those he defeats?

Initially the test sculpt on a plaster cast with some paint and red markers just to see if it would work:

I liked it and think it can work so here we go:

The finished product:

After a week of shopping online and buying a bunch of **** I can't make I've gathered all the parts of this costume
    I also wore a black stocking under the mask instead of painting my face black to give it that ghoulish effect

I'm 90% percent there, I will modify the black bathrobe cutting off the sleeves and so on. I know its not %100 percent accurate like the SW games and whut not and as I am on a tight budget (& unemployed this is the best I can manage. I made my own Lightsaber Belt clip out of PVC tubing material and the Belt and Sith Cloak is authentic and its already cost me $200 on this costume.

After everything arrives I will do a test fit and more pictures stay tuned!
    Last edited by Uratz; Nov 1, 2009 at 1:58 AM. Reason: Update Thread title with new progress

Re: My First Star Wars Costume: Darth Nihilus

Looks fantastic!

From
    Shanghai, China

Thanks

OK I got everything in the mail in like 2 days! My bathrobe mod isn't complete yet. My black boots have been cleaned and polished I may add some boot cover to lengthen the calf area and hide the laces.

Here's my LightSaber Holder Clip DIY

I made my own Lightsaber Belt clip out of PVC tubing material. The original version is a Covertec Clip for pagers. I could buy it but wheres the fun in that?

From
    Phoenix, Arizona (Valley of the Sun!)

Very nice; a lot of photos and good attention to detail my friend. Can't wait to see what you come with the finished product. Keep it coming; I am keeping an eye on this thread.

From
    Shanghai, China

Completed Costume and had a great time at the party! Best Halloween ever. I Finally dressed up seriously and with the proper props.

I was Sith Nihilus and my wife is the She-Devil. The Party was at Lost Heaven in Shanghai. With an open Terrace bar it was the perfect location for the cosplayers.

Some highlight photos below

More photos can be seen here : Best Halloween 2009

The She-Devil is my wife and the 2 ladies are her friends, The pretty ones are married. Sorry Guys

Re: My First Star Wars Costume: Darth Nihilus - Halloween Party Pics are up!

Oh dude! ! awesome work with this Darth Nihilus Mask! ! ! I assure you that if I could afford it I would pay you to fashion me one identical replica of this one man, it looks so awesome! ! ! love the work! ! !

From
    Shanghai, China

Sure thing Bub

From
    Pocatello, Idaho

"Cat not part of costume."

I think I just pee'd a little....

From
    Shanghai, China

Haha. The cat is my surveillance droid

Oh man! That is the best Nihilus mask I've every seen.
    If you made casts of it, you'd make a boatload!!
    Great job man

From
    Wayne, MI (about halfway between Detroit & Ann Arbor)

Very cool. My first SW costume was easy, I just shaved my head added horns and painted (Maul). My wife had the hard part (making the robes).

Don't worry about being on a budget- I'm sure you've seen how tight things were for Lucas when he made the OT. I saw the Smithsonian exhibit, and man, those costumes are held together by twine and wishes! I think being on a budget actually makes you get more creative. Anyone can buy something, but only someone with imagination can make it from scratch.

Kudos!

What was the clip made out of it looks really effective but one question
    Why didn't you use the clip on the toy lightsaber

Great mask but doesn't he wear a hood

From
    Shanghai, China

Liammwells said: View Post
    What was the clip made out of it looks really effective but one question
    Why didn't you use the clip on the toy lightsaber
    The lightsaber had the round stubby knob thing which was what the clip was used for. It made for easy removal to be swung around.

Thanks for the comments

nice pics looking great in that pics.