Subscribe
    Jul 31, 2009, 11:27 AM - My EIB approved CAP ANH Stormtrooper (pic intense) #1

Just got the word last night -- I'm the 70th EIB trooper in the Legion!

I was doing a WIP thread at one point, but got so into building that I left the camera in the dock.

So now I'm just posting the completed build. This is a one-of-a-kind, 2mm/1.5mm high gloss HIPS suit from CAP. When he heard that I was one of the many waiting on a Dan Laws suit (indefinitely), he agreed to help me out as long as I sent him the plastic. A true stand-up guy, IMHO. And unlike normal styrene, it doesn't need to be painted and it's VERY flexible. Which ought to make it even more durable than most HIPS suits.

But enough small talk...on to the pics!

Front:

Back:

Ab details (opted for the Humbrol French Blue):

Side rivets and holster attached in Stunt 2-rivet config:

Helmet details:

Modified MR E-11 (until my trooping blaster is complete...). Real M38 scope and Eagle Hengstler, homemade power cylinders, functional folding stock (no pics) and replacement barrel, bolt, cocking lever, spring:

Few additional poses:

Just loosened the chest to back straps, which ought to allow the butt to go lower. Other than that, I'm pretty happy!

Not really sure what's next. Maybe making the DL suit a Sandy. Or maybe working on converting my Fett to ESB. Hmm.....

Cheers!
    Chris
  2. Jul 31, 2009, 8:55 PM - Re: My EIB approved CAP ANH Stormtrooper (pic intense) #2

nice TK!

Im an EIB trooper also!
    Aug 1, 2009, 12:14 AM - Re: My EIB approved CAP ANH Stormtrooper (pic intense) #3

very nice suit. someday i'll have to build up another tk.
  4. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Aug 1, 2009, 4:03 PM - Re: My EIB approved CAP ANH Stormtrooper (pic intense) #4

Looks great I'll be submitting my pictures for EIB as soon as I get back from Boston on the 21st of August. I still need to assemble my Thermal Detonator, but the rest of the suit is EIB ready!!
    Aug 1, 2009, 10:29 PM - Re: My EIB approved CAP ANH Stormtrooper (pic intense) #5

GCNgamer128 said: View Post
    Looks great I'll be submitting my pictures for EIB as soon as I get back from Boston on the 21st of August. I still need to assemble my Thermal Detonator, but the rest of the suit is EIB ready!!
    Yeah...I was actually shocked when I went to the EIB page and didn't see you there yet, Andy. Your suit looks fantastic on you!

I'm going to have a tough decision when I do finally get my Dan Laws suit -- do I make one a Sandtrooper? Make one ESB? Sell one? Dunno.... time will tell.