North Texas

Re: My Captain Rex

ummmm................cool.

Very cool!!!! Nice job!!!

From
    Pennsylvania

How did you build that phase 2 Rex? That this is awesome. It almost makes me want to stop my boba and start the PH2 Rex. It will definitely be my next build.

Jc27 said: View Post
    How did you build that phase 2 Rex? That this is awesome. It almost makes me want to stop my boba and start the PH2 Rex. It will definitely be my next build.
    Thanks, nice of you to say.

Most of the armour is bozotheclone movie clone armour. Most people use animated but I wanted my Rex to look real. To that I added Steelblitz parts - belt and straps and holsters. The pauldron was from General Fidelis from Ct.net and is easily the nicest pauldron I've yet seen, comes pre painted and he really went to town on it. Added to that is a real MP40 leather pouch - my rom/fx voice amp sits in that with the speaker behind my chestplate and the sound effects buttons run down my sleeves to my fingers. The kama I made from black pleather with some iron on blue hemming material to edge it correctly. The pistols I made myself, along with the rifles.
    The helmet is from Skip here in the UK, and I modded the visor using P38 - bondo for my American readers. The range-finder array is one of bobamakers - it fits to where I flattened the ear cap, with a couple of small tabs to stop it from moving too far to the front or back. The helmet has the seam line where Rex added his phase 1 visor to it, cut in using a dremel - slightly nerve wrecking!
    The jetpack is a Fett jetpack from BFUK that I modded extensively, when Rob saw what I had done to it, he set about making his own version to sell.
    The whole thing is finished off with a internal back plate mounted speaker, transmitter and mp3 player that not only allows me to play the 2hr long clone trooper radio chatter I created, on a loop, but also to transmit it to any nearby clone trooper with a radio inside their armour!

From
    Pennsylvania

That is awesome. I recently was at an event with GF so next time I see him ill ask him about starting a Rex, since he did one already.

Been a fair while since I updaed this thread - been a busy little Captain!

Rex has had an overhaul ready for Celebration Europe in a couple of weeks. This has included a set of Season 4 Umbara arc helmet macros

A clone trooper backpack - comes with added sound in the form of several hidden speakers and an mp3 player - the pack fits into the same slots as the jetpack.

repainted jetpack to match the one seen in season 5

And some reapplied weathering. The end result is far better in my opinion - although when wearing the helmet macros I have less then 40% of the vision I have without them, so will only wear them at CE when I am sure of my surroundings...

From
    Belfast, Co Antrim, Ireland.

Looking good Jo, "job done eh?". Although if you add any more bits of kit to that bucket of yours you'll have trouble staying upright

Lmao! Something like that!

Actually with a few more possible appearances of Rex in the upcoming extra content there's a chance that he will have more kit I just HAVE to make!

And from Celebration Europe 2:

Phase 2 Rex with Umbara arc helmet macros

Captain Rex with Commander Wolffe and Corporal Comet

And the clone trooper - Dave Filoni photoshoot

[

Some fun this past weekendL

Captain Rex and ARC Trooper Fives

Medix Kix and Trooper Jesse

Sergeant Sinker and Corporal Comet

Sev