Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    May 2003
    Apr 2, 2008, 7:22 AM - Re: Mods to my MR "CE" Stormie helmet #51

very, very nice job, looks a million times better, very similar in look to the LE one now. If you wanted to be totally accurate you need another screw head in each ear

great job Eric
    Apr 2, 2008, 11:16 AM - Re: Mods to my MR "CE" Stormie helmet #52

I debated about adding the other screw in each ear. I actually saw some pics on Jez's SW Helmets site that showed a helmet with only one screw above the gray box, and one screw close to the neck trim, so I went with that.
    If I ever want to add another one it's a 5 minute process.
    Apr 2, 2008, 7:12 PM - Re: Mods to my MR "CE" Stormie helmet #53

Looks great, thanks for keeping us posted on the progress. I definitely plan on modding mine, and I'll use this thread for reference.
    Apr 3, 2008, 6:58 AM - Re: Mods to my MR "CE" Stormie helmet #54

I'll be dammed to hell but I'm going to go ahead and get one of these despite the fact the wife will flip out, maybe! (seeing as there's a distraction in the works) If I miss out on one of these I know I'm going to kick myself. Now where did I put my visa card??
    Apr 11, 2008, 2:11 AM - Re: Mods to my MR "CE" Stormie helmet #55

Nice job on modding the MR CE Stormtrooper bucket Superjedi! I won the auction for one of these buckets today on Ebay for a little over $100 bucks and maybe I'll mod it as well. Thanks for sharing this with us!
    Last edited by TD2253; Apr 11, 2008 at 2:21 AM.
  6. Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Apr 21, 2008, 9:38 AM - Re: Mods to my MR "CE" Stormie helmet #56

SJ: How exactly did you get the HOVI tips off? I'm looking at mine and there is a little piece which it is glued to. Did you just grind that off? And how did you reattach, just with the CA glue?
    Apr 21, 2008, 11:48 PM - Re: Mods to my MR "CE" Stormie helmet #57

Rytil,
    I used a small grinding bit on the Dremel and went at it from the inside of the helmet. I did this very carefully, grinding until I could just get the Hovi tips off.
    For reattachment, yes, I just used a few drops of CA glue. The helmet is being shipped to Korea right now, so in about 6 weeks I'll see how well it held.
    Apr 22, 2008, 3:22 PM - Re: Mods to my MR "CE" Stormie helmet #58

wow eric, great mod! after seeing this thread and the prices i had to get one.
    i picked up one on the bay for 127 shipped. so im happy no way was i going to be able to "sneek" this one past the wife. lol so i brought up the $171 she spent on some clothes over the weekend and i got the OK!!! heh heh...............now only if the star wars chronicles book goes un-noticed
  9. Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Apr 25, 2008, 12:45 PM - Re: Mods to my MR "CE" Stormie helmet #59

Great. Thanks Super! Looks like I'm going for the full mod as well. Going out now looking for some Squadron putty (MMD) and buying some new HOVI's for it. Putty, paint and reassembly..oh I'll be done by the end of summer!

I'm debating whether to cut the lid top so it matches the Stunt look (higher brow rubber). I saw somewhere (???) that some did it. Didn't look to difficult, but not sure if I feel like tackling that. I think I will trim the ears down though.

R.
    Apr 25, 2008, 6:51 PM - Re: Mods to my MR "CE" Stormie helmet #60

Quote Rytil said: View Post
    Great. Thanks Super! Looks like I'm going for the full mod as well. Going out now looking for some Squadron putty (MMD) and buying some new HOVI's for it. Putty, paint and reassembly..oh I'll be done by the end of summer!

I'm debating whether to cut the lid top so it matches the Stunt look (higher brow rubber). I saw somewhere (???) that some did it. Didn't look to difficult, but not sure if I feel like tackling that. I think I will trim the ears down though.

R.
    Cool, have fun with your conversion.
    I think it was someone on rebelscum.com who did the stunt brow conversion.
    May 12, 2008, 8:09 AM - Re: Mods to my MR "CE" Stormie helmet #61

I think its hysterical that the Testors Grey/stormtrooper grey is 1138!!!!
    Am I the only one that got this or am I REALLY late to the ball game and you all stopped laughing about that a long time ago>
    I LOVE my CE helmet and am getting at least two more but I will be doing the ear mod and working on the frown. I think that center tooth needs to be taller so Im going to put a veneer on it and prob drill out an extra tooth space on either end of the frown. I like this helmet FAR more then the FX and with fix ears and a little work I thinks its teh best troopable helmet out there. Thing is sturdy too!