Don't know why. . . there's no sun up in the sky. . . Stormie bucket!
Being the "tweaker" that I am, I made a couple of quick mods to my CE bucket. This will primarily be a display piece. I'm not currently a 501st member or anything, but I like collecting helmets.
I did both of these mods for around $10 and they took me maybe an hour.
First, I got some of those translucent plastic report covers from Office Depot and cut a couple of them to cover the lenses. I just removed the 3 screws holding each lens, then traced its shape onto the tinted plastic report cover. I used an X-acto to cut holes for where the screws go, and reattached the lenses with the tinted covers in place.
It's not ideal for someone who's going to wear the helmet, as the plastic isn't "optically clear," but it gives it a nice dark tint.
Next, I had read a link from Rebelscum about someone who had filled in the larger face gap with some silicone sealant. I bought a tube of DAP "Kwik Seal Kitchen & Bath Adhesive Caulk" in bright white. This is a water clean-up sealant.
I just ran a small bead along the gap, then wiped up the excess with a damp cloth. It says you have about 30 minutes to work with it till it starts to skin over. I don't notice any color difference between the sealant and the ABS. It certainly helps to hide the depth of the seam, and it was really easy!
Now I'm waiting for some "bluer" tube stripe decals I bought the other day. Hopefully I'll have them the middle of next week. I'll have to see if I can just lay them over the existing tube stripes or if I'll have to use some acetone or something to remove the pre-painted ones. I'm hoping the new decals will just cover the old ones.
This is a really nice helmet overall. Much nicer than previous licensed helmets from DP or Rubies. Since U.S. retailers began to offer it, I couldn't resist it for the price! Another helmet for my collection.