Subscribe
    Sep 21, 2008, 4:10 PM - Looking for Slave Leia parts...& waiting for the grief I'll catch! #1

NO, THE COSTUME'S NOT FOR ME!!!...but for those of you who got excited thinking it was...your sick individuals!:o

My brother's girlfriend wants to be Slave Leia this Halloween and is looking for a decent quality costume. I'm pretty much looking for every part.

If desired, you can PM me the contact info of who the various sellers are.

Thanks & bring it!
    Last edited by Cruzer; Sep 25, 2008 at 11:18 AM.
  2. Sep 21, 2008, 7:53 PM - Re: Looking for Slave Leia parts...& waiting for the grief I'll catch! #2

check out leiasmetalbikini.com
    Sep 25, 2008, 8:59 AM - Re: Looking for Slave Leia parts...& waiting for the grief I'll catch! #3

I'd also be interested in info for my gf. She made the mistake of getting one of the new Rubies costumes... I told her to let me do some research on it before she bought it, but she got it before I could. I was not surprised with the quality (or lack thereof) when I found out it was made by Rubies. Very sloppy sewing and shoddy craftsmanship. Looks NOTHING like the picture on the package.

That LMB site looks awesome, but their complete set is $325. Not all that bad, since they look great. But it's too late for this years Halloween. Wish I knew about that site earlier.
  4. KaanE is offline KaanE
    Sep 25, 2008, 9:16 AM - Re: Looking for Slave Leia parts...& waiting for the grief I'll catch! #4

Maybe Mirax H can sell you some parts!

Here is a link : http://swchick.com/costume_slave.php

Hope that helps!
    Sep 25, 2008, 9:30 AM - Re: Looking for Slave Leia parts...& waiting for the grief I'll catch! #5

if it's just for halloween, the rubies might not be bad. how to put this delicately? the average viewer will be more interested in the exposed skin *around* the costume than the costume itself

i made a quick one for my wife once out of crayola model magic clay, copper wire, some scrap plastic and acrylic paint. not super accurate, but probably more so than the rubies.

now, if this is a repeat thing, a better one is in order.
  6. KaanE is offline KaanE
    Sep 25, 2008, 9:41 AM - Re: Looking for Slave Leia parts...& waiting for the grief I'll catch! #6

Quote stormtrooperguy said: View Post
    ...the average viewer will be more interested in the exposed skin *around* the costume than the costume itself ...

That's true You nailed it!
    Sep 25, 2008, 2:48 PM - Re: Looking for Slave Leia parts...& waiting for the grief I'll catch! #7

Yep, I would check with Mirax.
  8. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Sep 26, 2008, 9:33 AM - Re: Looking for Slave Leia parts...& waiting for the grief I'll catch! #8

I know she has at least 4 sets of the resin parts painted and ready to go. It is not the complete costume, but it is most of the major pieces.
    Sep 26, 2008, 10:06 AM - Re: Looking for Slave Leia parts...& waiting for the grief I'll catch! #9

You better not post pics of you in the outfit..we all know it's for you!

Sorry but you called it and I didn't want to let you down that someone would give you grief.
    Sep 26, 2008, 11:02 AM - Re: Looking for Slave Leia parts...& waiting for the grief I'll catch! #10

Quote Rupidupe said: View Post
    You better not post pics of you in the outfit..we all know it's for you!

Sorry but you called it and I didn't want to let you down that someone would give you grief.
    You know the old saying, "if you've got it flaunt it!" However in this case I doubt this is what they had in mind. I know!!!...I can use it for my Rebel Legion application since they didn't accept my clone! If they'll accept female Anakins, I think It'd be sexist on their part to say "NO" to a male Slave Leia!...so that only leaves one thing to decide...who's willing to be the photographer!

I'll send a PM to Mirax. Thanks guys.
    Sep 26, 2008, 1:50 PM - Re: Looking for Slave Leia parts...& waiting for the grief I'll catch! #11

Quote Cruzer said: View Post
    I can use it for my Rebel Legion application since they didn't accept my clone! If they'll accept female Anakins, I think It'd be sexist on their part to say "NO" to a male Slave Leia!...so that only leaves one thing to decide...who's willing to be the photographer!
    hey, i didn't deny it... i just said i needed a shot of the back.

and submit all the slave leias you want... i only look at clones!
    Sep 26, 2008, 2:20 PM - Re: Looking for Slave Leia parts...& waiting for the grief I'll catch! #12

Yeah, it has not been accepted because of the need for one particular photo that's not even necessary for 501st acceptance. I don't mind, I'll take the photos when the opportunity arrises. But I'll be sure to get a back shot if I do the Slave Leia!
    Sep 26, 2008, 2:39 PM - Re: Looking for Slave Leia parts...& waiting for the grief I'll catch! #13

Quote Cruzer said: View Post
    You know the old saying, "if you've got it flaunt it!" However in this case I doubt this is what they had in mind. I know!!!...I can use it for my Rebel Legion application since they didn't accept my clone! If they'll accept female Anakins, I think It'd be sexist on their part to say "NO" to a male Slave Leia!...so that only leaves one thing to decide...who's willing to be the photographer!
    Sep 28, 2008, 11:03 AM - Re: Looking for Slave Leia parts...& waiting for the grief I'll catch! #14

I just saw that for the first time right now!...maybe I won't put it on and shoot some pics!
    Sep 28, 2008, 12:28 PM - Re: Looking for Slave Leia parts...& waiting for the grief I'll catch! #15

Aww cmon man, we are dying to see ya, well maybe on second thought! LOL
    Sep 28, 2008, 5:32 PM - Re: Looking for Slave Leia parts...& waiting for the grief I'll catch! #16

I like how they say "other special occasions". I wonder what those would be?
    Oct 1, 2008, 9:54 AM - Re: Looking for Slave Leia parts...& waiting for the grief I'll catch! #17

this thread made me think of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmRSuYIL1zc