Subscribe
    Oct 10, 2008, 6:14 PM - Lightsabers!!!!!!!!! #1

Whassup kote I found this like awesome website that sells light sabers with blades wherehttp://www.parksabers.com/ you can change ther color!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yah did I mention you can build custom ones?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blades.jpg 
Views:	489 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	28148   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FEATURE.jpg 
Views:	465 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	28149  
  2. Member Since
    Dec 2004
    Oct 10, 2008, 6:23 PM - Re: Lightsabers!!!!!!!!! #2

I used to own one a few years back, I liked the fact that you can have a hilt and bladed saber in one, but the blades wobble a lot when swinging them and they are too skinny imho. Otherwise they are constructed very well with all machined aluminum.
  3. I helped at SDCC '08 The Clayster's Avatar
    Oct 10, 2008, 6:49 PM - Re: Lightsabers!!!!!!!!! #3

They updated them with brand new technology, the new ones are awesome. They still have the fishing rod effect when swinging, but they are awesome nonetheless.
    Oct 10, 2008, 7:54 PM - Re: Lightsabers!!!!!!!!! #4

They really are amazing. I found out about them a few years back through my local newspaper. I used to live about 20 miles away from the guy who makes all the sabers
    Oct 10, 2008, 10:15 PM - Re: Lightsabers!!!!!!!!! #5

Yeah they're not bad, I got 2 about 7-8 years ago, but there are better ones out there now.
    Oct 11, 2008, 12:15 AM - Re: Lightsabers!!!!!!!!! #6

Oh yeah, I've got the Shadow model, with a green blade. These are truly awesome, excellent craftsmanship. It's fun to wear just the hilt on you belt clip and go out in public and get reactions!
  7. Member Since
    Dec 2006
    Oct 11, 2008, 6:41 AM - Re: Lightsabers!!!!!!!!! #7

I used to keep track of this, but as mentioned earlier, the technology is changing. It is definately no perfect yet, but it's getting there. Nothing beats the MR sabers yet, problem is, if you fight another with one, you will mess both of the blades up. They are still good fun though. My 3yr old has a Yoda saber, and it's the perfect size for her. She thinks she's Ahsoka!
  8. formerly Sgt. Skirata Huntman's Avatar
    Oct 11, 2008, 3:37 PM - Re: Lightsabers!!!!!!!!! #8

do clo sabers has some you can smack together ( not sure how hard but very nice)
    Oct 11, 2008, 4:59 PM - Re: Lightsabers!!!!!!!!! #9

Here's my Kenobi saber made custom for me by Jeffery Parks.

I can honestly say these are the best lightsabers you can get. The technological advances made by Parks in the last couple of years has put them on the top of the list.
  10. Member Since
    May 2008
    Oct 11, 2008, 5:04 PM - Re: Lightsabers!!!!!!!!! #10

Until they develop one I can cut things in half with, I'll go with mando stuff, rather than jedi :P
    Oct 13, 2008, 12:39 AM - Re: Lightsabers!!!!!!!!! #11

that Kenobi one looks very smililar to Luke's ROTJ one,...? and about how much do those run for?
    Oct 13, 2008, 8:44 PM - Re: Lightsabers!!!!!!!!! #12

Quote Kye Katarn said: View Post
    that Kenobi one looks very smililar to Luke's ROTJ one,...? and about how much do those run for?
    Luke's new design in ROTJ is based heavily off of Kenobi's in ANH. The hilt designed for ROTS shows the continuity.

Honestly I can't remember being as this was a really long time ago, but I would imagine anywhere from $250-350, cheaper if you buy the parts from him individually and construct it yourself - probably more like $200 that way. Check the site and I think you can figure it out, or if not email him.
    Oct 13, 2008, 9:10 PM - Re: Lightsabers!!!!!!!!! #13

geez. that's a lot of coin. but they look freakin good.
    Oct 14, 2008, 1:37 AM - Re: Lightsabers!!!!!!!!! #14

I've wanted one since I first saw them at SDCC way back in '01! I got to play with a couple at their booth and loved it.
    Oct 14, 2008, 7:46 AM - Re: Lightsabers!!!!!!!!! #15

Bought the Shadow model early last year, and with shipping it was $290.
    It was freakin' sweet for a while, but now its just an expensive paper weight.
    Need to offload it, or put it on display.
    Oct 14, 2008, 11:07 AM - Re: Lightsabers!!!!!!!!! #16

Quote Kye Katarn said: View Post
    geez. that's a lot of coin. but they look freakin good.
    yeah, the illuminated, removable blade sabers are always expensive. but they are pretty sweet!
    Oct 14, 2008, 11:20 AM - Re: Lightsabers!!!!!!!!! #17

He just came out with some new models called "phase sabers" which have brighter blades. Another interesting feature is that the phase sabers have a normal mode and a "phase mode". When in the "phase mode" they blink at a rate just above the speed that the human eye can seperate images. the effect? when you move the saber you see both the blade's present and previous situation. thats cool8)
    Oct 15, 2008, 6:54 PM - Re: Lightsabers!!!!!!!!! #18

I wish people would stop worshipping the MR sabers so much. They really are not impressive at all compared to other makers.
    Oct 15, 2008, 11:12 PM - Re: Lightsabers!!!!!!!!! #19

The MR sabers are a fraction of the cost of a Parks saber.. and they have the motion sensor for sound effects (which is an added cost for the Parks one, right?)
    All in all, the MR sabers are really nice, for the value.
    (But their Ltd Ed. hilts are beautiful... you have to admit)
    Oct 16, 2008, 1:18 AM - Re: Lightsabers!!!!!!!!! #20

Quote proto-fett said: View Post
    I used to keep track of this, but as mentioned earlier, the technology is changing. It is definately no perfect yet, but it's getting there. Nothing beats the MR sabers yet...
    You obviously havent heard of the Plecterlabs Crystal Focus Saber Core.... :P

Take a hilt from an MR saber, and convert it to a single Luxeon LED in the hilt.

AND then install the Crystal Focus board, and enjoy the option of hard combat, multiple sound fonts that are swappable to your style of fighting, Ipod style song playback for choreography to music, auxillary button setting for blaster bolt deflection, blade lockup and force powers... AND... the return of the blade extend and retract... to a degree.. not to mention bright as hell... not as bright as Hyperblades.. but their soundcard reaction time is shoddy at best..

Oh did i mention that you can add a vibrating motor to it to make the hilt and blade shake while your saber is locked up with another one... while the blade is pulsing/flickering with the awesome LED effects, moreso if you have a secondary flashclash LED installed
    Oct 16, 2008, 1:28 AM - Re: Lightsabers!!!!!!!!! #21

Oh.... and check out www.thecustomsabershop.com

Im sure that would be a bit more to most lightsaber lovers taste... EL is never bright enough anyways.. Go Luxeon
    Oct 16, 2008, 4:54 AM - Re: Lightsabers!!!!!!!!! #22

Quote Mercke Lutso said: View Post
    Luke's new design in ROTJ is based heavily off of Kenobi's in ANH. The hilt designed for ROTS shows the continuity.

Honestly I can't remember being as this was a really long time ago, but I would imagine anywhere from $250-350, cheaper if you buy the parts from him individually and construct it yourself - probably more like $200 that way. Check the site and I think you can figure it out, or if not email him.
    that always threw me for a loop....In ROTJ ole' Palpatine says to luke, while looking at his green saber "I see you have constructed a new lightsaber. Much like your fathers..." That saber looks NOTHING like Anakins from EPII. So Obi-Wan is lukes father!!! No wonder Vaders so pissed!! If I found out that my best friend and teacher messed around and Knocked up my GF/secret wife, that would be enough to send me to the dark side... thats alot better then what they settled for in the movie!!
    Oct 16, 2008, 11:57 PM - Re: Lightsabers!!!!!!!!! #23

Quote stellardude said: View Post
    The MR sabers are a fraction of the cost of a Parks saber.. and they have the motion sensor for sound effects (which is an added cost for the Parks one, right?)
    All in all, the MR sabers are really nice, for the value.
    (But their Ltd Ed. hilts are beautiful... you have to admit)
    IMO the two sabers shouldn't be compared. They both have their places I suppose.

I've just never been a fan of MR at all. I seem to get more enjoyment out of building my Han blasters from the real parts for less than half the price of a machine casted replica piece.

The only MR pieces that have ever really intrigued me were the Ep. III hilts. Being as these were, unlike the other hilts, completely made from scratch, finding a decent replica is near impossible from anyone besides MR. The Anakin hilt is gorgeous.