Subscribe
    Jun 21, 2008, 9:14 AM - Last troop really sweaty, left in tote= mildew ugh!! #1

So my last troop was a relay for life, it was a day that was like 98 and 90% humidity so we were all sweating like crazy, after I desuited I just left my stuff in my tote until now. This morning I opened it up to check everything and MOLD and WHITE FURRY FUNGUS is all over my soft parts! uggh!! Luckily I'm able to wash most of it on knits/delicates cycle, most except for my "real gloves" they're suede, how am I supposed to get them clean? Any suggestions?

For today's troop I suppose I'll just have to get some temporary garden gloves from home depot and some gray primer
    Jun 21, 2008, 9:43 AM - Re: Last troop really sweaty, left in tote= mildew ugh!! #2

I know how that goes. I now remember to take out all of my soft parts and hang them out to dry before they go back in. Mold sucks!!
    Jun 21, 2008, 4:19 PM - Re: Last troop really sweaty, left in tote= mildew ugh!! #3

the real gloves actually aren't suede. they are suedecloth. i couldn't swear to it, but i think washing them should be fine.

and really, they are fett gloves... even if they get a bit messy, it's all good

i did that with my tusken raider. smelled like a wet dog.
  4. I helped at SDCC '08 Gonzo Fett's Avatar
    Jun 21, 2008, 6:02 PM - Re: Last troop really sweaty, left in tote= mildew ugh!! #4

Brian is correct on the Real Gloves.
    I recently put my ESB ones up in the Cargo Hold. I washed them before putting them for sale. I put them in the delicate cycle w/ cold water. Very little detergent. I then hung them on a hanger in the bathroom to dry. They took about 24 hours to fully dry. (with the insulate still in them).
  5. I helped at SDCC '08 Jimmy BufFETT's Avatar
    Jun 21, 2008, 9:21 PM - Re: Last troop really sweaty, left in tote= mildew ugh!! #5

Awww man ... I've had this happen before. SDCC '06 I was perspiring so much that I wrecked the costume. To make matters worse, I left it in my armor tub for a few days After that. OOPS! I needed to replace a lot of the costume after that.
  6. I helped at SDCC '08 Gonzo Fett's Avatar
    Jun 21, 2008, 9:57 PM - Re: Last troop really sweaty, left in tote= mildew ugh!! #6

Quote Jimmy BufFETT said: View Post
    Awww man ... I've had this happen before. SDCC '06 I was perspiring so much that I wrecked the costume.

oh boy, I remember that year. Crazy4bobafett and me took pitty on you. Giving you water, and holding your 300 pound ROTJ Fett blaster while you attempted to replenish your fluids
    Jun 22, 2008, 8:19 AM - Re: Last troop really sweaty, left in tote= mildew ugh!! #7

Well, looks like they are washable, I figured if they're ruined anyways, it can't hurt anymore to try washing them, no bleach of course, but I sprayed them thoroughly with Lysol Disinfectant spray to kill all the germs and threw them in the washing machine with some detergent, after that I squeezed out any water trapped inside and put them in the dryer, good as new, and country fresh!
  8. Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Jun 22, 2008, 4:05 PM - Re: Last troop really sweaty, left in tote= mildew ugh!! #8

Dryer too, you brave soul. I am sure many will be grateful to know you can do this!
    Glad to hear it worked out for you!