I exposed my children to Star Wars, and they really dug it, so I burned the midnight oil before Halloween to get 2 kids Jedi Costumes for Oct 31st.
Since I new it was going to be cold here in Germany on the 31st, I made the Robes first. Not only did they keep the kids warm, but they hid all the stuff we should have been wearing as well as my sewing sins.
I found some really neat material... its 140 year old hand woven HEAVY linen. The kind of stuff they made dry goods sacks out of in the 1800s. It looks great (IMHO) the only downside is that it was made on very narrow hand looms. That caused me to sew a few "panel" together to have it wide enough for a Jedi Robe.
I got to finish some seams, and attach the hood... should be all done by this PM. I am tempted to leave it the natural color, ala Yoda's Robe, but will probably dye it Brown as the darker color will be more recognizable as "Jedi" AND cover some of my sewing sins.
Here is my daughters robe "almost" completed... the sewing part anyway.