Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Subscribe
    Nov 10, 2008, 10:26 AM - Re: Imperial Guard Helmet Skupilkinson's Pepakura #51

That looks incredible! Makes me want to push this helmet towards the top of the build list.
    Can't wait to see how it ends up, you've done a great job so far.
    Nov 10, 2008, 10:53 AM - Re: Imperial Guard Helmet Skupilkinson's Pepakura #52

Another costume Ruze?? You'll never be bored my friend!!
    Nov 10, 2008, 2:52 PM - Re: Imperial Guard Helmet Skupilkinson's Pepakura #53

wow, I am always amazed at those who can use the pepkura stuff - let alone find the files for them... but this build looks amazing. Well done, have you had a chance to compare measurements the current Guard buckets out there? - or even side by side shots?
    Nov 10, 2008, 10:05 PM - Re: Imperial Guard Helmet Skupilkinson's Pepakura #54

No comparisons yet. I am guessing that it is just a little bigger than the other ones out there though, since I did the mods to fit my big ol' noggin. It sets ever so slightly against my cheeks, but not enough to be uncomfortable. I would guess it is a little taller overall, and wider from front to back. Especially over the shoulders, I'm pretty thick. I put a little more finishing putty on today. Hopefully I'll get to primer before the end of the week. Keeping my fingers crossed anyway. The only thing that I can think of that may slow me down is getting my Fettoo coloerd, and thats a pretty big maybe.
  5. Member Since
    May 2008
    Nov 11, 2008, 1:22 PM - Re: Imperial Guard Helmet Skupilkinson's Pepakura #55

Thats looking amazing man. Just a thought here tho Skip - that template you made, it looks amazingly like a neo-crusader mando. Anyone else thinking that such a template would be fairly simple to turn into a neo-crusader?
    Nov 11, 2008, 1:41 PM - Re: Imperial Guard Helmet Skupilkinson's Pepakura #56

Oh, I have so many I'd like to get around to and make templates for. Only so little time though.
  7. Member Since
    May 2008
    Nov 11, 2008, 2:23 PM - Re: Imperial Guard Helmet Skupilkinson's Pepakura #57

Lol good point. That always seems to be the problem for all of us :P
    Nov 11, 2008, 2:42 PM - Re: Imperial Guard Helmet Skupilkinson's Pepakura #58

Too true.
    Nov 11, 2008, 9:57 PM - Re: Imperial Guard Helmet Skupilkinson's Pepakura #59

Quote Runtman said: View Post
    Thats looking amazing man. Just a thought here tho Skip - that template you made, it looks amazingly like a neo-crusader mando. Anyone else thinking that such a template would be fairly simple to turn into a neo-crusader?
    Thanks! I've been rolling the neo-crusader idea around in my head too. Don't know if I'm quite up for it yet, but I have been pondering it, and would really like to attempt it at some point. I know I could do the mods. I gotta get this one done first, though. My wife would kill me if I started another one right now.
    Nov 12, 2008, 1:06 AM - Re: Imperial Guard Helmet Skupilkinson's Pepakura #60

Quote t_bone9600 said: View Post
    Thanks! I've been rolling the neo-crusader idea around in my head too. Don't know if I'm quite up for it yet, but I have been pondering it, and would really like to attempt it at some point. I know I could do the mods. I gotta get this one done first, though. My wife would kill me if I started another one right now.
    I know what that's like my friend. There are loads of builds I'd like to start but can't. Suppose it's a good thing though, keeps me focused on one build.
  11. Member Since
    May 2008
    Nov 12, 2008, 1:08 PM - Re: Imperial Guard Helmet Skupilkinson's Pepakura #61

Quote t_bone9600 said: View Post
    Haha yeah, finish this! Looks amazing.
    Nov 13, 2008, 11:22 PM - Re: Imperial Guard Helmet Skupilkinson's Pepakura #62

Another update. Hooray!

After sanding everything smooth again, adding more glazing putty here and there, and sanding again (a couple of times), I finally shot a first coat of primer to get it all one color and show me where I need to work a little more. It isn't quite as bad as I had expected. Especially on the dome, I thought it was going to be horrifying. With a little more tweakage here and there I think I might finally get to start some actual painting. And now... More pics.

I got the primer a little heavy in a couple of spots but it'll be alright. I'm gonna be sanding it off anyway.
    Last edited by t_bone9600; Jan 7, 2009 at 2:33 AM.
    Nov 13, 2008, 11:36 PM - Re: Imperial Guard Helmet Skupilkinson's Pepakura #63

man all that paper would drive me nuts... great build so far
    Nov 13, 2008, 11:54 PM - Re: Imperial Guard Helmet Skupilkinson's Pepakura #64

that's looking really great!

i may have to try this pepakura stuff some time. looks like fun!
    Nov 14, 2008, 1:01 AM - Re: Imperial Guard Helmet Skupilkinson's Pepakura #65

Looking really nice T_Bone! I said it before but this is turning out so much better than I expected! Not because I thought you couldn't pull it off, just it looks better than I thought the design/templates would allow.

Well done buddy, I love it!
    Nov 20, 2008, 10:15 AM - Re: Imperial Guard Helmet Skupilkinson's Pepakura #66

Just a quick teaser.

I got a little froggy yesterday morning before work and threw a quick, thin coat of paint on. I should have used a lighter gray primer. Being too cold to do any real paintwork it ran a little but you get the idea of how it's gonna look. I also found a couple spots that need a little minor work.
    Nov 20, 2008, 10:51 AM - Re: Imperial Guard Helmet Skupilkinson's Pepakura #67

WOAH!!!

That! Is! Beautiful!!!

Outstanding work my friend!! And it's not even finished yet. You've done a remarkable job on this so far. I'd never have expected the templates to work so well. Your time in modding them to work better for you has truly paid off!

Well done! :thumbup
    Nov 20, 2008, 5:40 PM - Re: Imperial Guard Helmet Skupilkinson's Pepakura #68

IMG! That is amazing work. Awesome job!
    Dec 8, 2008, 3:23 PM - Re: Imperial Guard Helmet Skupilkinson's Pepakura #69

sorry to bring up a thread that's a couple weeks no replies...but this came along so far...i'm amazed at the care that you took getting that thing cut out and smooth.

and then hardening it up with bondo/glassing.

well done.

and it looks to be quite a custom fit
    Dec 9, 2008, 12:16 AM - Re: Imperial Guard Helmet Skupilkinson's Pepakura #70

I found a few spots that needed a little work after i got the initial glossy coat on. So I've sanded, rebondoed, and sanded smooth again. I'm just waiting to get a warm place to do some real painting. I'm not allowed to paint in the house anymore. My dad is taking a break from remodeling a home a couple block away, but when he gets back to work on it and has a fire going, I'm gonna run over there and throw some on. I can hardly wait.
    Dec 9, 2008, 1:50 AM - Re: Imperial Guard Helmet Skupilkinson's Pepakura #71

Looking forward to it buddy.
    Dec 9, 2008, 12:11 PM - Re: Imperial Guard Helmet Skupilkinson's Pepakura #72

Realy a great job, all that folding line, WOW!!, WHAT A JOB!!!
    Dec 21, 2008, 11:22 AM - Re: Imperial Guard Helmet Skupilkinson's Pepakura #73

Can't wait to see it in it's final paint..

excellent work !
    Jan 6, 2009, 10:52 PM - Re: Imperial Guard Helmet Skupilkinson's Pepakura #74

Hey all. We had an unusually warm day here a few days ago and since I had done a little sanding I decided to throw another coat of primer on. I used light grey this time so the red should cover better this time. Still waiting on a warmer place to do the actual paint though. Here are some new pics.

I think it's nice to see it just one color again. Until I have something else noteworthy take care and most of all have fun.

T
    Jan 7, 2009, 1:25 AM - Re: Imperial Guard Helmet Skupilkinson's Pepakura #75

***!!!!!! It looks so smooth now! Beautifully done T!! Be proud my friend, be proud.