Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Mar 2010
    Mar 19, 2010, 12:51 AM - Helmet Visor Material #1

I am looking to make a custom styled helmet simular to the Standard troopers but with a larger triangle eye visor. I was wondering what everyone uses for their visors and if there were any tips as to where to find viable options to cut to fit.
    Last edited by jtw1n; Mar 19, 2010 at 1:08 AM.
    Mar 19, 2010, 6:29 AM - Re: Helmet Visor Material #2

Hello and welcome to the TDH. Please take your time and introduce yourself in a proper section
    What you use for a visor depends on your location. US, UK based use welding shield/visor grade 5 (it's already smoked and made of some plastic). Will find some link/pic if you don't know what it is, just lmk.
    You can also use plexiglass either smoked/black (transparent of course) plus mirror/black film to make it darker or reflect like they did in ep2.

Hope it helps.
    Mar 28, 2010, 3:00 PM - Re: Helmet Visor Material #3

Hey, I used a welder shield I picked up at Ace Hardware. I did not cut it to fit the shape perfectly, so mine is mounted a bit recessed. However, it was flexible enough to work for the whole shape. It's the Phase II helmet. Let me know if you want a picture. I just used hotglue to hold it in place, I may go back and do a visor cut to shape to get that more flush look. Maybe then I could fit my glasses in the thing!