Subscribe
    Mar 3, 2011, 11:18 AM - E-11 Blaster pistol, based on the MGC-Sterling - your opinion is requested #1

Hi there,

i had a stupid little idea, and itīs all TK1961s (user at RPF) fault.

He showed his nice build of a E-11 pistol: My E-11A1 Blaster Pistol - and made me feel a need for having my own one.

So i went in my shop and found some parts, basically a nice DH-17 kit that i purchased a short time ago from Odiwan. Really a excellent kit made by Bowjunkie, but a little bit to much plastic parts for my personal preferences. That kit and some other parts from the partbox brought me to this:

The grip and trigger rearranged some cm to the back, and the mag on the front underside, still without any scope

Or with a scope? I could offer a M38:

Or a Singlepoint:

Or a real one, donīt remember what:

A pic from the business-end:

And a closeup of the nozzle

Still a lot of details to think about, build it? If yes, what version? Or resell the DH-17 kit to someone whoīs searching for such a kit? I like itīs look ..... a little bit like a beloved child from a E-11 and a SE-14.

As it is no gun weīve seen in the movies, it would be a good opportunity for me to use the kit and some of the plastic parts i collected in the past. You will notice over time that i usually prefer metal and/or original parts for my blasters.

Well, iīm open to any of your thoughts and suggestions.
  2. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Mar 3, 2011, 11:25 PM - Re: E-11 Blaster pistol, based on the MGC-Sterling - your opinion is requested #2

Very cool concept you have going there! I think it will turn out looking pretty cool
    Mar 5, 2011, 5:42 AM - Re: E-11 Blaster pistol, based on the MGC-Sterling - your opinion is requested #3

Thanks.

At least it looks promising - but off course iīm still able to mess it up.
    Mar 9, 2011, 11:00 AM - Re: E-11 Blaster pistol, based on the MGC-Sterling - your opinion is requested #4

Not that much opinions, hmm?

Still made no decision regarding the scope-question, but i started working on the basics that need to be done for every version.

I wanted to have the grip as close to the real deal as possible, so i couldnīt just glue the parts together:

To achieve this, i drilled a hole with various diameters into the grip itself, and aligned and epoxied a XXL long nut as integral part into the trigger mechanism. To line it up properly for a smooth function was ******, but it is done.

Next step was to alter the trigger mechanism - it was just a flexible piece of plastic that pushed the trigger back after using it. Thatīs nothing what can be accepted by german engineering standards , so i modified it to be driven by a spring.

I made a tigh fit delrin-endplate on my lathe, and secured it with 4 Allen-head-screws. Same look as on a original MGC.

On the barrel side it has a step, to center the barrel:

This construction was made to serve as a "anchor" for the epoxy when mounting the mag-holder. I donīt trust simple glueing, i prefer to have it more beefier. :

Thats all up to now.
    Mar 10, 2011, 11:38 AM - Re: E-11 Blaster pistol, based on the MGC-Sterling - your opinion is requested #5

Here we go again.

You guys remember that strange creation i made as "anchor" for fastening the magholder?

Here is the reason:

I filled it with a very strong and sticky 2K-Epoxy, around 8mm high - that should hold.

And i turned a plug from delrin, slighly bigger in diameter than the bolt - should give a smoother slide-action. It goes all the lengt through the bigger part of the bolt, that way it gives some beef for a stable pullrod, too:

The front half is filled with hotglue. That should dampen the impact a little bit when working the slide.

Open:

And closed:

Thanks for watching. If you have any ideas, thoughts, improvements, whatever ..... donīt hesitate to chime in.
    Mar 19, 2011, 5:43 PM - Re: E-11 Blaster pistol, based on the MGC-Sterling - your opinion is requested #6

As nobody has any ideas, thoughts, improvements, whatever ..... i assume everything is perfect?

Or is it just boring?

Well, some may remember i had used a delrin part with a piece of alu-tube for the barrel ....... after carefull deliberation i decided: I donīt like it, needs more weight, more metal.

I made some new parts:

Assembled them:

And installed them on the receiver:

Way better.

Iīm getting closer and closer to the point where i have to decide the place for the grip.

At the end, more "pistol" like:

Or close to the mag, that leaves a long part behind the grip, something that is a integral part of a Sterling/E-11 for me

Or in the middle, to combine the both:

Atm, i tend more to "close to the mag".
    Mar 19, 2011, 5:45 PM - Re: E-11 Blaster pistol, based on the MGC-Sterling - your opinion is requested #7

The main part of the work is done.

The M19 fits better than the M38, and itīs a nice hommage to its bigger brother

Mar 19, 2011, 5:49 PM - Re: E-11 Blaster pistol, based on the MGC-Sterling - your opinion is requested #8

Another piece which received today

And here a part of it at itīs workplace:

Mar 21, 2011, 12:27 PM - Re: E-11 Blaster pistol, based on the MGC-Sterling - your opinion is requested #9

Me again ...... yeah, the nasty guy with his stupid guns. :

Yesterday 2 layers of flat black as a base, and today this babys parts got 2 final layers of fast drying tough stove paint (it has a perfect shine, not to much but some). And after that i couldnīt resist, before going to the office i had to assemble the parts. :happy As you see there is no weathering yet, i want it to dry for some days before i hammer it - it will get no much weathering, the Empire doesnīt tolerate sloppy maintenance.

The grip got a layer of "Future" for itīs shinyness.

OK, OK, i will shut up and show some pics.

With the M38 scope:

With a M19 scope:

And some closeups from different angles:

Alltogether iīm glad that i did it this way, and havnīt used it for the kits intended use, building a ROTJ DH17 Rebel-Blaster.

And itīs not as small as this pic may suggest.

Mar 21, 2011, 2:50 PM - Re: E-11 Blaster pistol, based on the MGC-Sterling - your opinion is requested #10

Cool so far....I will continue to watch the thread.
  11. Member Since
    Dec 2010
    Mar 21, 2011, 3:29 PM - Re: E-11 Blaster pistol, based on the MGC-Sterling - your opinion is requested #11

I like the M19 scope on it. It might look better actually if you took the magazine out.
    Mar 21, 2011, 4:30 PM - Re: E-11 Blaster pistol, based on the MGC-Sterling - your opinion is requested #12

This is awesome man!
    Mar 21, 2011, 5:21 PM - Re: E-11 Blaster pistol, based on the MGC-Sterling - your opinion is requested #13

Very professional , as all other builds you did in the past ;-) Gratuliere ^^
    Mar 21, 2011, 8:06 PM - Re: E-11 Blaster pistol, based on the MGC-Sterling - your opinion is requested #14

Quote Mullreel said: View Post
    Cool so far....I will continue to watch the thread.
    "So far"? Itīs nearly finished, now.
    Mar 21, 2011, 8:10 PM - Re: E-11 Blaster pistol, based on the MGC-Sterling - your opinion is requested #15

Quote Tsophika said: View Post
    I like the M19 scope on it. It might look better actually if you took the magazine out.
    The M19 is my favourite, too.

But the mag is a integral part of this gun, basically the E-11A is a stubby version of the standard Stormtrooper blaster, made to enable it to be carried in a holster.
    Mar 21, 2011, 8:12 PM - Re: E-11 Blaster pistol, based on the MGC-Sterling - your opinion is requested #16

Quote SUPERprops said: View Post
    This is awesome man!
    In a positive way, i hope.
    Mar 21, 2011, 8:14 PM - Re: E-11 Blaster pistol, based on the MGC-Sterling - your opinion is requested #17

Quote RedArc said: View Post
    Very professional , as all other builds you did in the past ;-) Gratuliere ^^
    I try my level best, Dankeschön.
    Oct 20, 2011, 12:13 AM - Re: E-11 Blaster pistol, based on the MGC-Sterling - your opinion is requested #18

COOL!

where can you buy the the long spiral spring?

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/c...ol/EE-4004.jpg
    Oct 20, 2011, 11:28 AM - Re: E-11 Blaster pistol, based on the MGC-Sterling - your opinion is requested #19

Danke.

Ebay. No special shop, i was just searching around until i found a suiting one.
  20. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Oct 20, 2011, 12:00 PM - Re: E-11 Blaster pistol, based on the MGC-Sterling - your opinion is requested #20

Have you thought about adding t track ?
    Oct 20, 2011, 8:22 PM - Re: E-11 Blaster pistol, based on the MGC-Sterling - your opinion is requested #21

Quote Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    Have you thought about adding t track ?
    To be honest ...... not yet.

The part of the receiver with holes is so short, any suggestings how you think it might work?
    Dec 19, 2011, 5:28 AM - Re: E-11 Blaster pistol, based on the MGC-Sterling - your opinion is requested #22

I like but would like it more if the mag was on the side like the rifle
  23. Feb 5, 2012, 2:53 AM - Re: E-11 Blaster pistol, based on the MGC-Sterling - your opinion is requested #23

That came out awesome! It's surely not a common blaster to build. I love it when folks decide to do the uncommon props.
    Feb 6, 2012, 6:39 AM - Re: E-11 Blaster pistol, based on the MGC-Sterling - your opinion is requested #24

Thanks, such work is sometimes like a nice holiday, away from the screenaccurate builds i do.

Btw - Megatron, the E-11 pistol has its mag downside to enable it to be holstered on the right side. Having the mag on the left would make it the same mess as the standard E-11, holstered only for lefthanders.