Decent ROTS Clone Helmet Suppliers?

From
    Iowa

Decent ROTS Clone Helmet Suppliers?

Well, seeing as SFP sucks...I just decided to scrap the entire thread I posted earlier. I am looking for decent ROTS clone helmets to mess with. Anyone know a reliable supplier?

Thanks guys,
    Kody
    Last edited by Kwally89; Apr 8, 2009 at 7:20 PM.

From
    ALABAMA!!!!!

Re: Starfortress ROTS Clone Helmets??

not no but hell no. STARFORTRESS SUCKS!!!!! they are recasters of the worse kind.
    if you buy from them you yourself become suspect.

recasting is stealing.

seriously... just search the board for star fortress. no need to have this conversation again

From
    Iowa

wow...they are that bad?? I understand that recasting is stealing, but why would I be suspect if I bought from them?? That is going a little far IMO. Anyways, thanks for the info guys! I'll search through old threads and read up on em.

From
    Iowa

Re: Decent ROTS Clone Helmet Suppliers?

Deleted the original question because Star Fortress sucks. I knew their Fett stuff looked like **** but had no idea how deep the problems were. Anyways, still looking for a ROTS clone helmet.

From
    ALABAMA!!!!!

Kwally89 said: View Post
    wow...they are that bad?? I understand that recasting is stealing, but why would I be suspect if I bought from them?? That is going a little far IMO. Anyways, thanks for the info guys! I'll search through old threads and read up on em.

you would be suspect because if you bought from a known recaster then thats makes you as bad as the recaster himself. because of your support for their questionable stuff.

don't recast and do not buy recasted stuff.

From
    Boston, Mass

Try Evo-3 or skygunbro on clonetroopers.net they make a wicked helmet

From
    Irvine, CA

MR recast is good bang for the buck, OSCS and Sci-Fire are quality helmets too.

From
    Iowa

mrbungle said: View Post
    you would be suspect because if you bought from a known recaster then thats makes you as bad as the recaster himself. because of your support for their questionable stuff.

don't recast and do not buy recasted stuff.
    I get what you're saying, but a lot of recasting is in a gray area. I have no problem with MR recasts. They no longer produce the helmet or have a Star Wars license! Also, the SgtFang Fett helmet is a total recast. He just cleaned up the helmet with some bondo and sandpaper. No one has a problem with that, including myself. However, recasting a fan-made prop or sculpt is WRONG! I wouldn't purchase a recasted SgtFang helmet or a TMP Iron Man piece.

You just can't go around saying that "recasts are all bad and you're bad if you buy them!!!" I'm sure that you've bought props that are directly descended from recasts. Even if you think you haven't, you probably have my friend.

From
    Iowa

Foxbatkllr said: View Post
    MR recast is good bang for the buck, OSCS and Sci-Fire are quality helmets too.
    Ended up getting a MR recast. Should be good enough for what I want to do!

Thanks!

From
    ALABAMA!!!!!

you are correct , mr recast are a big grey area. they are now like don post helmets. my meaning was fanmade sculpts are not to be recasted. sorry about my abrupt reply but i try to stop anyone from doing business with SFP and i am very vocal about recasting.
    recasters are the reason some very talented guys will not sell thier props anymore.

SFP recast any helmet they can. thier kashyyyk helmet is a recast of pghfett's helmet and i believe thier neo is skygunbro's.

if you want a kashyyyk scout ,pm me or skygunbro.

From
    Iowa

mrbungle said: View Post
    you are correct , mr recast are a big grey area. they are now like don post helmets. my meaning was fanmade sculpts are not to be recasted. sorry about my abrupt reply but i try to stop anyone from doing business with SFP and i am very vocal about recasting.
    recasters are the reason some very talented guys will not sell thier props anymore.

SFP recast any helmet they can. thier kashyyyk helmet is a recast of pghfett's helmet and i believe thier neo is skygunbro's.

if you want a kashyyyk scout ,pm me or skygunbro.
    I totally understand where you were coming from my friend. Recasting fan-made or products that are currently being produced with a license is WRONG! I noticed that SFP's Kashyyyk helmet was EXACTLY like pghfett's. Would you mind pming me a price on a Kashyyyk scout helmet? Thanks!

some very good info

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

skygunbro does a great e3 clone, and i think he's having a sale right now.

From
    Chicago, IL

You can try Marcello aka TK1389 on clonetrooper.net He's doing work with Sci-Fire doing helmets for them. He's a real good guy!

From
    Pennsville, New Jersey

I didn't know that StarFortress was a recaster, I'm glad I came across this thread. Do they indeed recast EVERYTHING? Like blasters and the like? The reputable sites you listed, do they sell just the kits, or do they also sell already finished ones as well? I ask that because I in no way have the skills to complete a kit myself.

From
    Chicago, IL

Not only are they recasters, but the guy is a child molester and he fled to the Fillipeans to avoid jail since they have no extredition.

From
    Chicago, IL

For kits and such it depends on what you're looking for and what type of character you want to do

From
    Pennsville, New Jersey

Do some of them sell them already painted and the like? Because as I've said, I'm no good with the type of work you guys do, so I would have to purchase something already "ready to wear" as it were.

i think what most people do is get a kit from someone and then pay another person to finish it, if the maker of the kit doesn't offer finishing service.

From
    Iowa

Null-11 said: View Post
    Not only are they recasters, but the guy is a child molester and he fled to the Fillipeans to avoid jail since they have no extredition.
    Who told you that? Is this true?! I'd love to read something up on this, but I could see angry customers saying something like this. StarFortress does suck....but a child molester?? Could be true, I wouldn't know!

Kody

From
    Iowa

Mereel said: View Post
    Do some of them sell them already painted and the like? Because as I've said, I'm no good with the type of work you guys do, so I would have to purchase something already "ready to wear" as it were.
    If you don't want to fix it up or paint it, your best bet would be to just get a REAL Master Replicas helmet, not a recast one. They sell them on Ebay all the time.

Kody

From
    Chicago, IL

You have to watch what you buy off E-Bay because re-casters sell a lot of their **** on there plus you're going to need a suit that fits you. It's best to get a kit and have someone help you put it together to ensure proper fit. Best place to look, if you plan on joining the 501st, is to seek our your local garrison and they should be able to find someone to help you. You can also check out the detachment boards as well. They can also help find someone that can help with painting. The best thing is do a lot of research, be patient, and most importantly have fun with it.

On another note, yes the guy that owns Star Fortress is a child molester, there's many, many posts on Star Fortress on 501st boards and elsewhere.

Kwally89 said: View Post
    Who told you that? Is this true?! I'd love to read something up on this, but I could see angry customers saying something like this. StarFortress does suck....but a child molester?? Could be true, I wouldn't know!

Kody
    This is one of the most popular complaints about Star Fortress.

Search their name on the RPF and "enjoy". See also:
    http://www.geocities.com/universalar...er_wanted.html

IIRC, the connecting between outworld and SFP is that the SFP website, in the beginning at least, was almost identical to the old outworld, including using the same pics. It's been a long time though, so I could be fogging it up.