Subscribe
    Feb 16, 2007, 7:41 AM - Re: Darktrooper Progress Thread #126

this project is turnin out great keep up the good work
    Feb 16, 2007, 4:13 PM - Re: Darktrooper Progress Thread #127

Lookin' good. If you havent found thin strips of wood for the hands yet, try a hobby shop or craft store. I know the Michael's here has a lot of different thicknesses of wood for use in building model airplanes and pinewood slots.

Troy
    Feb 17, 2007, 1:05 PM - Re: Darktrooper Progress Thread #128

Quote t_bone9600 said: View Post
    Lookin' good. If you havent found thin strips of wood for the hands yet, try a hobby shop or craft store. I know the Michael's here has a lot of different thicknesses of wood for use in building model airplanes and pinewood slots.

Troy

Thanks, I was actually thinking about using those thin wood strips for the details, they appear to be thick enough for the height of the details. Thanks!

-tubachris
    Feb 17, 2007, 5:43 PM - Re: Darktrooper Progress Thread #129

lookin' good
    Feb 18, 2007, 10:52 AM - Re: Darktrooper Progress Thread #130

In my effort to make this project as accurate as possible to the game's, I have realized an inaccuracy with the helmet mod buck. Its not major, but is a significant error. Where I once beleived the edge came to a "point," the outside edge actually resembles more of a duck bill, more rounded out. It wont be an issue to fix, but I'd like to let you guys know.

-tubachris
    Feb 18, 2007, 1:08 PM - Re: Darktrooper Progress Thread #131

I have found the harder you work to be more accurate, the more set backs you face. But if your as close as you can, then that also works very fine.. I have had the same problem on another outfit project that im working on apart from my New look mando outfit.... Do what you can, it will turn out great anyway.......
    Feb 19, 2007, 9:54 AM - Re: Darktrooper Progress Thread #132

Quote Darth Valcar said: View Post
    I have found the harder you work to be more accurate, the more set backs you face. But if your as close as you can, then that also works very fine.. I have had the same problem on another outfit project that im working on apart from my New look mando outfit.... Do what you can, it will turn out great anyway.......
    The thing I dont want to happen is to end up haviing a suit that "kinda" looks like the darktrooper and thats not that great looking. I want it to be as accurate enough so that the average joe who has played battlefront a few times can say "hey, I know what that is!" Granted, everything cannot be perfect, but its a good goal to aim for

-tubachris
    Feb 19, 2007, 10:28 AM - Re: Darktrooper Progress Thread #133

Quote tubachris85x said: View Post
    The thing I dont want to happen is to end up haviing a suit that "kinda" looks like the darktrooper and thats not that great looking. I want it to be as accurate enough so that the average joe who has played battlefront a few times can say "hey, I know what that is!" Granted, everything cannot be perfect, but its a good goal to aim for

-tubachris
    As long as you have the color,the point on the helmet,and the jet pack,the average person wont remember enough details from the game to say"hey,thats not accurate!"

Feb 19, 2007, 10:31 AM - Re: Darktrooper Progress Thread #134

Quote Untried Hunter said: View Post
    As long as you have the color,the point on the helmet,and the jet pack,the average person wont remember enough details from the game to say"hey,thats not accurate!"
    Now us on the other hand....

Just kidding, everything I've seen so far looks amazing.
    Feb 19, 2007, 10:32 AM - Re: Darktrooper Progress Thread #135

Quote Untried Hunter said: View Post

*sigh* the sad thing is that your probly right. All of us here will know what it is, but in reality, all everyone really sees of the dartrooper is the back of it and thats it. Maybe the front for like a split second, or the occassional pass by of a CGbot during the game play.

-tubachris
    Feb 20, 2007, 9:29 AM - Re: Darktrooper Progress Thread #136

I managed to get up early enough even though I stayed home today, and got somewhere with the bottom half of the guant. I just to bondo the sides to get them even. My mom finnally got fed up of me turning the whole house into the "Ark Hammer," and told me to go to home depot and to not come back in the house until I had a storage container built and filled with all my tools...

-tubachris
    Feb 21, 2007, 10:19 AM - Re: Darktrooper Progress Thread #137

I was checking out the 501st site yesterday and I got to thinking, how would they classify your Dark Trooper? Would they lump it in with the specialty armor and call it TX or would they start a new one, maybe DT?
    Feb 21, 2007, 10:33 AM - Re: Darktrooper Progress Thread #138

Quote Kantis Nolef said: View Post
    I was checking out the 501st site yesterday and I got to thinking, how would they classify your Dark Trooper? Would they lump it in with the specialty armor and call it TX or would they start a new one, maybe DT?

I actually had a discussion with the cloneemperor about this, him being the head membership officer of the legion. Bascially, he says that he may not even know if the battlefront 2 DT would be accepted or not. He says the board would have to decide on it. The biggest issue is what would the board consider to be "canon." Anyone can say that the dark forces is more canon because its the orgininal, yet, there are 3 phases from that game, and only one version from battlefront 2. The thing is, can the battlefront 2 DT be considered a phase 2 DT from dark forces? Upon looking at the phase 3 DT figure from hasbro, there are ALOT of similarities that the BF2 DT has to the phase 3 DT of dark forces, including the Jet Pack, and the protruding helmet. But then comes the liscensing requitement, they are both liscensed by LFL, therefore, both can be considered into the 501st.

So there is alot of cloudy areas. IMO, of what may happen is either:

1) I dont get accepted, and told that it must be a dark forces version, because it is the original, and they have a liscensed figure of it.

2) They decide to accept both, the dark forces and the BF2 DT's, and classify them as special ops.

3) creates arguments and pisses people off

So I dont know what will happen or if it will be accepted or not. I will say though that this matter will not sway me away from building this suit.

-tubachris
    Feb 21, 2007, 12:41 PM - Re: Darktrooper Progress Thread #139

Quote tubachris85x said: View Post
    I actually had a discussion with the cloneemperor about this, him being the head membership officer of the legion. Bascially, he says that he may not even know if the battlefront 2 DT would be accepted or not. He says the board would have to decide on it. The biggest issue is what would the board consider to be "canon." Anyone can say that the dark forces is more canon because its the orgininal, yet, there are 3 phases from that game, and only one version from battlefront 2. The thing is, can the battlefront 2 DT be considered a phase 2 DT from dark forces? Upon looking at the phase 3 DT figure from hasbro, there are ALOT of similarities that the BF2 DT has to the phase 3 DT of dark forces, including the Jet Pack, and the protruding helmet. But then comes the liscensing requitement, they are both liscensed by LFL, therefore, both can be considered into the 501st.

So there is alot of cloudy areas. IMO, of what may happen is either:

1) I dont get accepted, and told that it must be a dark forces version, because it is the original, and they have a liscensed figure of it.

2) They decide to accept both, the dark forces and the BF2 DT's, and classify them as special ops.

3) creates arguments and pisses people off

So I dont know what will happen or if it will be accepted or not. I will say though that this matter will not sway me away from building this suit.

-tubachris
    once we make their stormtroopers obsolete they'll have to accept us

i mean...we can take out a whole rebel base in several minutes
    Feb 21, 2007, 3:57 PM - Re: Darktrooper Progress Thread #140

Quote CombatBaby said: View Post
    once we make their stormtroopers obsolete they'll have to accept us

i mean...we can take out a whole rebel base in several minutes
    Yes, very good point there dude! They'll see our effectivness and realizes who the betters are...

Well, until then, I have managed to finnaly get some time and fix the helmet mod (hopefully for the last time!) to make it more accurate. If you look at the older pics, you can see that it came to a point. Well, upon further review, I found that it was inaccurate to the game, and instead, is more round. Those of you who play regularly, at least in the first battlefront where the DT is a better playable character then the DT in BF2, can see that this correction is much better and alot more accurate. LMK what you guys think!

-tubachris
  16. Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Feb 22, 2007, 9:15 PM - Re: Darktrooper Progress Thread #141

looks like the back of the head of the Alien in "Alien" what you think? But definately lookin good. Once that plastic is in and such cant wait to check it dude.
    Feb 22, 2007, 10:48 PM - Re: Darktrooper Progress Thread #142

you have a nice collection of pots
    Feb 23, 2007, 6:11 AM - Re: Darktrooper Progress Thread #143

Quote CombatBaby said: View Post
    you have a nice collection of pots
    Why thank you!

-tubachris
    Feb 25, 2007, 2:17 PM - Re: Darktrooper Progress Thread #144

Alright, heres a status report..

The guant molds are pretty much done, just the bottom half needs one side w/ durham's and sand that, and they are done. The hands are sanded down, i just need to get some thin wood wo elevate the details and they will be done. The helmet mold details are done, just need to go over it one last time with some 120 grit to get it smooth and then that will be done FOR GOOD! Im now preparing the bicep designs. I have a sketch, I will post it later, because I need everyone's input cause its been a pain to realy get good shots of it. Fortunatly, from the schetches, I will only need one set for both arms. Really saves me the time and costs.

I will also need to possibly move my completion date beyond June. The current rate, I wont able to get it done by then. Im reduced to only 3 days a week, sometimes on Sundays. I have orchestra on monday's and now have rehearsals on friday's for the Jamestown event. But Im still working, and by gum, I'll get it done!

-tubachris
    Feb 25, 2007, 2:24 PM - Re: Darktrooper Progress Thread #145

It's looking good, keep up the hard work dude......
  21. Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Feb 26, 2007, 8:32 PM - Re: Darktrooper Progress Thread #146

"I find your lack of faith disturbing."
    Feb 26, 2007, 10:03 PM - Re: Darktrooper Progress Thread #147

Quote ThisIsMyWorld said: View Post
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing."
    I dont have time for your petty nonsense....no, im not trying to be cute either...

-tubachris
    Feb 26, 2007, 10:10 PM - Re: Darktrooper Progress Thread #148

Hey ThisIsMyWorld, do you have a costume you're working on? I'm just curious.
    Feb 26, 2007, 10:31 PM - Re: Darktrooper Progress Thread #149

Quote Kantis Nolef said: View Post
    Hey ThisIsMyWorld, do you have a costume you're working on? I'm just curious.
    He doesnt, hes kinda sorta my DT buildup roadie....

-tubachris
    Feb 26, 2007, 11:02 PM - Re: Darktrooper Progress Thread #150

Okay, I know this may seem insignificant, but since its been hard getting good reference of the biceps, but i need input. Here are some sketches of what I think they look like, and need help before I go ahead puttin them together tomorrow.

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG]

-tubachris