Well no molding pics yet, but I wanted to show how I'm prepping this. I cut out the sections where the areators are. I can't have it flat for obviouse reasons, but I'm thinking now that I should have left those sections closed for molding (Ooops..)
Anyways, some things I just can't smooth out as I like, but these things will be fixed once I get the first cast made. I'm going to make a rotocast helmet for the transition/master. This will allow me to have a strong sturdy base to work with while still allowing me the freedom of making adjustments as I need. I am most likely going to switch the type of clay I'm using though, cause it's not adhearing to anything!
As you can see, I also removed the chin greeblie. I want this portion to be as smooth as possible for the transition cast. It was really difficult to get the back section as smooth and clean looking as I wanted, so thats the purpose for removing it now. I will be adding it on for the final master.
I took this picture, because I really wanted to show how much I'm emphasizing on details, despite the 3D model being flat, I really used my references from my FX TK helmet. I really think that it brings a sense of more realism to it then just a video game.