Custom Mando

From
    Jamestown, ND United States

Custom Mando

It's been a long time since I have been on dented helmet since I finished my ESB Fett in 2005. Fett is really starting to show wear and I have outgrown it something fierce so I have decided to do a custom Mando for something unique and different and also I am building it for comfort in mind. I am progressing pretty good and I am going to really try to have it done by the end of August 2013 for fall events and cons.

mando-jpg

mando2-jpg

mando1-jpg

mando3-jpgmando4-jpgmando4-jpgmando5-jpgmando6-jpgmando7-jpgmando8-jpgmando9-jpgmando10-jpgmando11-jpgmando12-jpgmando13-jpgmando14-jpgmando15-jpgmando15-jpgmando17-jpgmando18-jpgmando19-jpgmando20-jpgmando21-jpg

here is what I have so far. I cant wait to get it all done and I really like doing something that has leaway so I don't have to find this exact color paint etc.

I have also made Obi-Wan ROTS, Cobra Commander, Shazam, and Green Arrow.

Re: Custom Mando

Hi !
    wow, Im loving what what youre doing with the chest and back plates. what material(s) are you using?
    anyway, keep it up, looking amazing! Im super excited for more updates
    Ghost

From
    Jamestown, ND United States

Re: Custom Mando

I got a sheet of 090 plastic from a local sign company for about $40 for a 4'x8' piece. I have used 4'x4' so far and the only armor I still need to do is the shins and a little more for my cod piece. I cut it out using the templates from mando mercs. I heated it and shaped it with boiling water and steam, but you can use a heat gun. I just cant find one for less that $40 in this area of North Dakota.