I thought I had one of these, but I was wrong. So, here it is in all it's glory... (with a fast progression of pics to get up to speed )
I figured with the current success of my CG helmet (click here for the interest thread), I'd go ahead and start the armor. ;D
I started with a bellyplate and formed the left chest.
Next, I removed the pieces of the left chest (5 total) and reversed them to make the right side.
And, as if I didn't already have manboobs , now I have an accent. But hey, it will be one heck of a fiberglass bra when it's done!
I'm skipping over a lot of the mundane so I can get right to the point. Here's the back plate.
And a close up of the "insert" on the back "box."
The upper torso has four base pieces. the left chest has a small raised section where the insignia (?) goes. Next up is the cape holder on the right shoulder and a few touch ups with hot glue and scrap pieces to hold the seams together.
After further consideration, I decided the chest piece was too big and it made me look like I had man-boobs :-X .So, I reduced the slope and reworked the front a little.
And just for fun, here's my little helper.
Question: Does anyone else think that cardboard, by itself before glassing, looks like dung? ???
I've got the basic forms of the armor fabricated out of standard cardboard. I certainly hope it looks better after I get more resin and glass the pieces. :o
The three arm pieces for each side.
Front shot of the pieces on my dummy.
Now it's a waiting game until I get more resin and glass.
Pre-forms of the shin armor is done. I'm starting to not like cardboard anymore
I've started glassing the chest armor.
There are a few spots where I have to still put some glass and resin, and it definitely needs a trimming. After that, I've got some glass cloth for the inside to get it sturdier.
That's all I have for now. It's bee a rough few months and I've been working on other things in the mean time. But, I haven't forgotten about this project. In fact, I took some time yesterday to actually clean my garage work area and put these pieces back on the mannequin.
I'm also considering casting these when I'm done, but that's a ways down the road.
EDIT - Corrected bad URL.