Corellian pilot advice--

From
    Michigan, United States

Corellian pilot advice--

This is my first costume.

I want to make an X-wing pilot costume using a green flight suit. This is technically based on the character, Corran horn and his Corellian roots.

I plan to wear my leather jacket over my flight suit and the rest of the appropriate props for an X-wing pilot and even make my own lightsaber to further suggest the connection to Horn.

The template that I'm using is the Dagobah Swamp article on how to make a movie-accurate pilot suit.

My request is for any tips or suggestions being as this is my first time making a costume and whether or not making my own variation of a celebrated outfit will get me eaten alive by fanboys.

Thanks for the consideration.

-Phil

From
    North Carolina

Re: Corellian pilot advice--

Well, I don't have much in the way of tips on pilot costumes as I've never made one. I would check on the Rebel Legion forums as they have a lot of information over there.

Also, people don't usually eat you for bringing your own approach to a classic outfit as long as you put the effort in on it. Maybe Corran Horn fanboys are the violent and hungry exception though!

From
    Michigan, United States

Haha. Thanks for the reply mate. I appreciate it.

But to be honest, it's like an Irish Jedi. How could you not be passionate? =D

From
    North Carolina

Haha. That's true! I do know some people with some strong feeling about Mr. Horn.

Will be interested to see how your costume turns out! I need some creative outlet while the weather clears up to cooperate with my own project.

From
    Michigan, United States

Fair enough!

As soon as I get my taxes this coming weekend, I'm going to start looking for pieces and materials. I'm pretty excited.

G'luck with your weather conditions. Haha.

From
    Michigan, United States

I got my boots today. They're totally German Army boots. They *klak* when I walk on solid surfaces and all.