Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Subscribe
    Feb 24, 2010, 11:23 AM - Re: Clone6 Armor Kits & Helmets #26

Wow Heatshock, I could not have said it better.
    I would think ABS would be better for something you didn't plan on painting, kind of like a Stormtrooper suit.
    I have been building suit's out of HIPS since early 2005 and have no problem with paint sticking.
    You have to prep it with Primer and I have always use Krylon Fusion paint (which is made for painting plastic).
    Plus like Heatshock said, you have to glue, bondo and sand the seams.
    Thanks, Darren
    Feb 24, 2010, 12:48 PM - Re: Clone6 Armor Kits & Helmets #27

I forgot to mention, the first 5 orders get a free DW Design Studios T-Shirt!
    Thanks again, Darren

3. Feb 24, 2010, 9:57 PM - Re: Clone6 Armor Kits & Helmets #28

I miss my Clonesix suit. I realize now how much sharper the pulls are, of the particular gauge of HIPS used. I still dig my Sci-Fire, but it has been alot of work so far. Once I am finished I am going to do another Clonesix for sure. Darren, I dig the new Revised Belt Boxes too. Mine started with the original, thinner resin ones (which I upgraded) The pulls look real clean too. Pride of Clonemanship Good job!
    Feb 26, 2010, 11:50 AM - Re: Clone6 Armor Kits & Helmets #29

Thanks Replicant Shadow! I will have a suit ready for you when you need it!
    Darren
  5. Member Since
    Feb 2010
    Mar 1, 2010, 9:26 PM - Re: Clone6 Armor Kits & Helmets #30

Wow! great suits! I would love to have one of these, one question though what is the average height that these are made to fit? I have purchased suits before (though not nearly as good workmanship involved) and all of them are way to big for me.
    Thanks
    Mar 2, 2010, 12:23 PM - Re: Clone6 Armor Kits & Helmets #31

They were built for someone around 6'0" and 190 lbs.
    I have seen them done by people larger and smaller.
    As far as a exact size for smaller people, sorry I just don't know.
    I know the max for someone bigger is around 6'4" and 230 lbs.
    Darren
  7. Mar 2, 2010, 2:55 PM - Re: Clone6 Armor Kits & Helmets #32

I am 5' 10' and weighed roughly 187 when I finished mine almost 3 years ago. I had to alot of cutting and trimming, but I got it work out just fine. Though, I did have to wear boots that had a higher sole (1.5 inch soles) to compensate for mass and scale.
  8. Member Since
    Feb 2010
    Mar 2, 2010, 3:20 PM - Re: Clone6 Armor Kits & Helmets #33

Thanks for the help guys! Here is where being short really stinks, I cannot find any top quality suits for someone who is 5'4", does anyone know where I might find one that wouldn't look completely rediculous after I have trimmed it down? I want it to look good and be troopable not look like "wow thats waaay to big" if you get my drift :-)
  9. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Mar 2, 2010, 5:27 PM - Re: Clone6 Armor Kits & Helmets #34

I just read about one...O.S.C.S. but its for 5'8" - 5' 10"
  10. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Mar 2, 2010, 6:28 PM - Re: Clone6 Armor Kits & Helmets #35

the problem with clone suits is that the original CGI models were supposed to be 6 foot plus.
    seen some shorter guys pull off a a nice clone, but scale will be an issue.

with any armor - having too much is seldom a problem. Having too little is. Technically with careful cutting down it should be ok. But I think you are right abt not being able to pull off the look.
    I know of some shorter skinny guys who have used a combo of lifts and muscle suits to get the look right.

on the plus side the C6 and Java sets are for skinnier blokes I would say. And the HIPS would be much easier to trim down an the super .0125 thick ABS OSCS short suits are.

btw - I dont mean to keep going on abt the C6 armor. I dont know Darren or Clone6, and am not involved in any of the manufacture or selling of this armor - I am just a major fan(despite the OSCS and Java alternatives being just as good)!! I am really happy to see it back in production!

any price check on the clone lid yet Darren?

Nate
    Mar 3, 2010, 7:27 AM - Re: Clone6 Armor Kits & Helmets #36

I'm seriously working on my wife to let me get a clone suit... I'm slowly wearing her down...
  12. Member Since
    Feb 2010
    Mar 3, 2010, 11:50 AM - Re: Clone6 Armor Kits & Helmets #37

Thanks again guys. maybe i should pick a different character maybe a boba or jango (yes I know technically they are the same height as a clone) then again I might try to see if I can pull it off, I just love clones and stormstroopers! :-)
  13. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Mar 3, 2010, 12:29 PM - Re: Clone6 Armor Kits & Helmets #38

Do what you WANT to do dont settle...anything can be done just need to work to pull it off
  14. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Mar 3, 2010, 3:45 PM - Re: Clone6 Armor Kits & Helmets #39

yeah - wasnt meaning to put you off tatem - wasnt my intention

it can be done - I have seen a really nice 5'6'' trooper look real good - just needs more work

there are also kids in really nice suits eg zerovisibilites suits are a great example.

the problem will be to keep symmetry - ie a bit off all the component pieces rather than just a lot from teh main pieces - lots of experienced builders on clonetroopers.net or clone-empire to help you through it too.
    alternatively - as Darren , he has done 1 or 2 suits in his time I hear ;P

Nate
  15. Member Since
    Feb 2010
    Mar 3, 2010, 11:51 PM - Re: Clone6 Armor Kits & Helmets #40

no problem heatshock, I didn't feel put off. Thanks for the other forum suggestions! I am waiting to be approved at clone-empire and will sign up for clonetroopers.net. In the mean time I might build a fett to get a little more practice before I attempt a build of that... umm.. intensity :-). Thanks again for all the help guys! I will (hopefully) post a WIP soon!
  16. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Mar 4, 2010, 8:21 AM - Re: Clone6 Armor Kits & Helmets #41

You do know a Fett costs double what a clone costs right? Done right and painting a fett is a bit harder
    Mar 4, 2010, 9:23 AM - Re: Clone6 Armor Kits & Helmets #42

Man I have so been wanting one of these since C3!
  18. Member Since
    Feb 2010
    Mar 4, 2010, 10:54 AM - Re: Clone6 Armor Kits & Helmets #43

wow, I didn't realize that it was that big of a difference in price, thanks man, I think I will do a clone first! The only armor I have made is a bounty hunter that my sister made up, I forget what she called it but it was kind of mandalonian-ish. Since then I have kinda been in and out of this hobby and I had forgotten that what looks easier and cheaper to make isn't always... obviously I haven't done my research on fett armor...
  19. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Mar 4, 2010, 12:49 PM - Re: Clone6 Armor Kits & Helmets #44

If you do it right it will be about 3k for a decent boba...if you paint it yourself...if you try and get stuff already painted or get it painted who knows people charge quite a bit for that
    Mar 4, 2010, 12:56 PM - Re: Clone6 Armor Kits & Helmets #45

Quote Geo said: View Post
    Man I have so been wanting one of these since C3!
    Yep, C3 os where I first troop in my suit. 2005

Here is another fun one from Comic Con a few years back.
  21. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Mar 4, 2010, 3:25 PM - Re: Clone6 Armor Kits & Helmets #46

thats an awesome pic I WANT ONE SO BAD! You gonna make some more next year and ship one to Japan?
    Mar 7, 2010, 4:43 AM - Re: Clone6 Armor Kits & Helmets #47

Great picture
    Any info on helmets ?
    Mar 7, 2010, 4:01 PM - Re: Clone6 Armor Kits & Helmets #48

Sorry, nothing really new. Each weekend we are getting closer to being done. We just finished the fiberglass work this past weekend on the E2 Grunt.
    Attached is a photo of the previous weekend. The whole process is much more involved and time consuming than I realized. I just want to assure everyone
    we are moving forward.
    Thanks, Darren
    Mar 16, 2010, 6:32 PM - Re: Clone6 Armor Kits & Helmets #49

Thanks for the info ! Looks good so far and I hope you'll be offering these soon, this time I'll surely get one for myself. Let us know when it's ready and how is progress going
  25. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Mar 16, 2010, 9:06 PM - Re: Clone6 Armor Kits & Helmets #50

I still really want a clone helmet dangit...I think Ima get one here next month Im finished buying stuff for the fett