Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Clone Trooper undersuit

From
    UK,Southwick

Clone Trooper undersuit

So i was wondering who will be making the clone troopers undersuit ,as everyone seems to been using the standard ST undersuits .
    Compare the clones undersuit which is ribbed to that of a ST ...maybe ladysewforus could make them ?? i was just courious about this subject if anyone wants to be a screen accurate clone

From
    St. Barbara, Calif.

Re: Clone Trooper undersuit

Up to this point it has been difficult for folks to replicate. Bulk is a major concern, in addition to over heating. That 's why lot of folks have stuck to Under Armor, for it's wicking properties. I actually have a full blown ribbed undersuit, created by Shadowdale productions. I tried it on once, then took it off as I immediatly started to sweat and overheat. I would love to see what materials can be found, that work similarly to Under Armor, but can also retain the appropiate ribbed effect. I think Sci-Fire was looking into this awhile back.

I have been considering giving this a try, but I am still over booked with the orders I currently have. Does anyone have good screen accurate pics?

How much interest is there in a more SA Clone Trooper undersuit? Sounds like Replicant Shadow's SA ribbed undersuit is not too practical

For something that is only noticed up-close, and can't be seen in photos, I don't see the need for trooping. A ribbed undersuit would cook the wearer.

Under Armor is the way to go.

From
    Las Vegas, NV

While I would agree with clone six for those who troop a lot, would it not be possible to create an undersuit that was thin in the hidden areas and ribber in the areas that are obviously seen, or is the armor too open for this and you would be forced to go all ribbed? Is there anything we could do to simulate the ribbing without going for full-blown, padded, non-breathable sweatsuits?

I use something similar to these (in black of course), thermal ribbed underwear, seperate tops and bottoms. The ribbing isnt as thick as I would expect it to be, but they are ribbed - if thats the effect that people are looking for.
    http://outersports.com/mens-white-10...ar-p-2947.html

They are often hard to find at times other than wintertime, so look in stores now if you want to try them. The only downside is that I often get my velcro snagging on them.

I also have a typical motorbike undersuit, which tbh I prefer to wear becuase of the snagging issue.

From
    Walnut, CA

edgejedi said: View Post
    I use something similar to these (in black of course), thermal ribbed underwear, seperate tops and bottoms. The ribbing isnt as thick as I would expect it to be, but they are ribbed - if thats the effect that people are looking for.
    http://outersports.com/mens-white-10...ar-p-2947.html

They are often hard to find at times other than wintertime, so look in stores now if you want to try them. The only downside is that I often get my velcro snagging on them.

I also have a typical motorbike undersuit, which tbh I prefer to wear becuase of the snagging issue.
    I don't think those longjohns would work since they're thermals and that would mean anybody wearing those would cook really fast unless it's really cold out.

I wonder if anybody with serious sewing skills could possibly modify some Underarmor type suits by adding ribbing with something like strips of foam. Of course it might just be easier scratch building a seat from a moisture wicking material but I'm not sure that you can buy bolts of that kind of material anywhere.

Well, in the Army we just got these new tops that we are supposed to use when we are deployed. We wear these when we will have our protective gear on, so it will keep the heat down, but still give us the pockets and such we need.

Its sleeves are normal ripstop material, but then an underarmor like lycra material on the back and abdomen. I figure making 2 piece undersuits like that wouldnt be too hard.

Interesting, I think it is do able.

*thinking*

From
    San Diego, California

Here is what the guys at Sci-Fire have as far as ribbed under suits are concerned. It looks like they are just gonna cover the parts that show and the rest will be the regular ST under suit. I think this is great idea Sci-Fire!

Can someone post some screen caps?

From
    San Diego, California

Hi Debbie,

Here are a few screen caps. Hope this helps!

From
    Walnut, CA

I think that the combat shirt style undersuit idea is a good one, it makes a lot of sense in that helps keep you (relatively) cool while maintaining the ribbed look seen on screen. Seeing as how both the Army as well as the Marine Corps issue/authorize a version of these for their troops would seem to me to be a pretty indicator that it works fairly well.

From
    Richmond VA

What about printing lines on an under armor type fabric?

From
    Carlow, Ireland

This is the closest I could find http://www.hein-gericke.co.uk/shop/p...oducts_id/1872

Unfortunately they are only available to UK & Ireland.
    Last edited by Dougie Fett; Feb 11, 2009 at 2:46 AM.

If people wanted them, think you could perform a Middle man service dougie?

From
    Carlow, Ireland

Gilmore of OK said: View Post
    If people wanted them, think you could perform a Middle man service dougie?
    I have just ordered one myself, will let you know if it's any good.

From
    Carlow, Ireland

Just received an email from them saying they no longer stock them, the search continues!!

Riceball said: View Post
    I don't think those longjohns would work since they're thermals and that would mean anybody wearing those would cook really fast unless it's really cold out.
    ....youve obviously not been to the UK for some time

Ive worn them at indoor and outdoor troops and not had any problems or 'cooked' - at all. Bearing in mind that they are the only things that would be worn under the armour I cant see a problem (unless you wear anything to 'beef' up your look like a muscle suit too...which of course would cook you...).

Like the phrase says 'Go Commando' mate

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

A guy locally just uses a ladies black ribbed sweater.

From
    UK,Southwick

hmmm.. i thought this would a tricky subject thats why i brought it up
    but what with the guys at sci fire might prove something yet

So, would you say the ribbing runs vertically, except for the neckseal, which runs horizontally?

It SEAMS to me that this would be best as two piece, a shirt and pants.

So we would need a neckseal, attached to the shirt. For the shirt the
    sleeves, and yokes of the shirt would be ribbed. The main part of the chest and back could be a mesh, or cooling material. Does any ribbing to show on the sides of the torson? How important is the ribbing around the waist area?

For the legs, the ribbing is needed almost completely on the pants.
    The only way to add a little air circulation for the pants would be, basically, strips of mesh material down the front and back of the legs. The rest would need to be ribbed.

Suggestions?

please forgive the awful paint attempt....
    What about something like this......

From
    God's Country (Oklahoma)

Hmmm I like it. Have you ever concidered doing a Biker Scout?