Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Chewbacca

From
    Seattle, WA

Re: Chewbacca

wow thats something else...amazing work!

From
    London UK

I'm still in awe of this thread!

Amazing work and thanks for the reply to the pm.

From
    Macon, Ga

I am just in awe of your talent. Never in a million years could I have done that!

From
    Honolulu, HI

This is the coolest thing I have ever seen. Completely mind blowing

From
    Long Beach, CA

Holy Cow! This is one of the most amazing builds I have ever seen; not to take away from all of the other awesome pieces I have come across here on TDH, but...WOW! Two things:
    1. Thank you (on behalf of us Newbies) for showing such detailed progress pictures.
    2. Where did you get the lifts?

Again....awesome job!

ok well im a newbie and I have been wondering the boards and I just have to say this is incredible and has giving me a lot to look forward to that someday I could have costume that is 1/4th as good as that. Totally amazing and a job well done kudos.

From
    Carlow, Ireland

Thanks for all the compliments guys!

Have made some minor tweaks, added some more hair to the waist and head, still need to paint the lips with silicone pigment.

Shot of me in costume!

amazing!! but maybe you could make the top of the head more less poofy and more defined

From
    Ireland

Looks even more awesome since you made those tweaks Dave. I didn't think it could get any better!
    I don't think it looks too 'poofy', remember this is a ROTS version that has a slightly broader profile to the head. It's the OT Chewies that have that slicked back look.

From
    Farnworth, Bolton UK

Amazing costume !!! It's great to see a short guy mixin it with the giants of this world. It just shows that anyone can become a Wookie thanks to your build. Hope your going to do a lot of trooping, the kids will absolutely love it. Keep up the the good work.

Account Deactivated
    From
    Orlando, Florida

AMAZING! This is the closest thing I have seen to the costumes used for Star Wars Weekends here in Orlando. (Inside and out)

I would love to know how you made the leg lifts and how you applied the hair to the face.

What was the weight like and how was the heat?
    And did the mesh irritate you?

I know a lot of questions for a noob, but you have to start somewhere.

P.S. Chewie has been known to use Lanolin and hair spray to hold his hair back and make it shine.

HAHAHA are you in a Build-a-Bear store?

From
    Carlow, Ireland

chwbcc said: View Post
    AMAZING! This is the closest thing I have seen to the costumes used for Star Wars Weekends here in Orlando. (Inside and out)

I would love to know how you made the leg lifts and how you applied the hair to the face.

What was the weight like and how was the heat?
    And did the mesh irritate you?

I know a lot of questions for a noob, but you have to start somewhere.

P.S. Chewie has been known to use Lanolin and hair spray to hold his hair back and make it shine.
    The leg lifts are made from just plastic paint drums with foam attached and reinforced with wooden broom handles to stop my ankle breaking.
    The hair was punched into the silicone with a crown punch needle, it punches one hair at a time, took about 3 days!

I wore Underarmour sportswear underneath, sort of like a TK undersuit but designed to help your skin breathe.
    So my skin is not in contact with the mesh.
    The weight is not too bad, the whole costume weighs about 12kgs which isn't much when it's evenly distributed.

Currently working on an ESB Chewie, about half way through the shirt, the hair will be shorter and darker and the face will have the friendly Original Trilogy look!

From
    Carlow, Ireland

apolifka said: View Post
    HAHAHA are you in a Build-a-Bear store?
    Yes, it' part of Hamleys toystore in Dublin. Felt right at home!

This has got to be one of the best looking Chewies i have EVER seen outside the actual movie! Ive seen a few chewies, and they look good, but they dont have that chewie face...yours does! and you sculpted it yourself! You must have a great eye for what it would look like with the hair, cuz without the hair, it didnt look much like chewie, but with the hair....EXCELLENT! i am very impressed bro, i hope you get a few more chewies out there lookin this good! Great Job bro!

From
    Parts Unknown

wow! i haven't been on here in a while and i'm totally blown away by what i just saw. i want one!!

From
    Banks, Oregon

Dougie Fett said: View Post

This looks absolutely incredible. As I was scrolling down the thread, this shot made me think "Holiday Special".

Absolutely AMAZING! I'm SO impressed!

Dude just went through this for the first time. Simply jaw dropping amazingness (don't even know if that is a word).

Man, I keep coming back to this thread and drooling.

From
    Ipswich QLD Australia

this costume is ...... well there are no words to describe ........., you are a very talented man, be great to see a Snoova/Chewie spinoff from this one

SlabFett said: View Post
    This looks absolutely incredible. As I was scrolling down the thread, this shot made me think "Holiday Special".
    come now, no need to insult the man j/k LOL.

This looks absolutely fantastic! I am VERY impressed by how you did the head piece! The detail in the entire project is just phenomenal. Congrats on creating such an amazing costume!

I actually got to see this suit in person while it was here in Tampa... It is AMAZING! Great work.

I was sad to see it go, but feel privilaged to see a suit that was so dead on. I saw some at CV that were good but I really got spoiled by seeing this one first.

This is amazing ! I have a friend who did some weaving for a bigfoot costume and he, as well as everyone else that has commented on weaving has hated it. kudos to you for sticking to it and such an amazing job