Subscribe
  1. boomer's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2010
    Posts
    17
    Sep 10, 2010, 1:22 AM - Bossk costume #1

    Can anyone help me I rely want to now how to make a bossk mask, bossk arms and bossk feet.
  2. Sep 10, 2010, 2:25 AM - Re: Bossk costume #2

    this halloween or on ebay or something, go find a lizard mask for starters. using heat to melt, some bondo in all the right places, and glass eyes, i think the mask may be the easiest part. as for the arms, THAT will be hard since itll need to be flexible to move in.....maybe some modded rubber oven mits. idk. never had to make a lizard based costume before.

    ......youd think i wouldve by now tho....odd.
  3. Muad'Dib's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    1,289
    Sep 10, 2010, 5:45 AM - Re: Bossk costume #3

    Bossk is a little more than just a "lizard" mask. He has a very specific look to him and his scales look more like a tortoise than a lizard.
  4. Member Since
    May 2010
    Posts
    168
    Sep 10, 2010, 5:49 AM - Re: Bossk costume #4

    i actually agree with muad'did on this...theres this rubber like supstance people call it dragon skin cause it has the same texture when it dries almost like a tortoises skin maybe you can use that to coat a pair of longer glowes...just a suggestion
  5. Sep 11, 2010, 1:54 AM - Re: Bossk costume #5

    lol i know theres more than just any old mask, but having a good base mask and then bondo-ifying it could work out with enough time and patience.

    but then again i like bacta's answer best here. ignore this nub *points to self* i have to bow out to a genius.
  6. Bossk's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    10
    Sep 11, 2010, 8:04 AM - Re: Bossk costume #6

    I recommend you go to the BHG, Bossk section, also the RPF Bossk posts, and the ones here as well.

    I have posted how I made my Bossk on all three sites. I have only had my Bossk finished for about five months, and people have gone crazy over it. It won the "Best Star Wars Villain" at Celebration V last month, and the "Best Star Wars Character" at DragonCon last week. The Actor, Alan Harris, who played Bossk originally, was very impressed with the costume at Celebration V, and said it was the best he had ever seen.

    There are five Bossk masks I am aware of, besides scratch built ones. The are occasionally offered for sale on the RPF and Ebay. A realistic Bossk is a very complex costume, and it took a lot of work to do it right. The suit is a 1960's vintage, RAF high altitude pressure suit, not just a "yellow cotton coverall". Check out all of those sites I mentioned. My article on how I builtthe whole thing is supposed to be published in the official Star Wars Bantha Tracks or Insider one of these days.
  7. SUPERprops's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    442
    Sep 11, 2010, 10:48 AM - Re: Bossk costume #7

    Quote 72555 said: View Post
    i actually agree with muad'did on this...theres this rubber like supstance people call it dragon skin cause it has the same texture when it dries almost like a tortoises skin maybe you can use that to coat a pair of longer glowes...just a suggestion
    Sorry man but your wrong, Dragon-Skin doesn't have a texture to it. It all depends on the mold.

    Anyway I would(if you can) sculpt him yourself, make a mold out of plaster(ultra-cal 30), and then casr it in latex.
    Just my 2cents. Hope that helps!
  8. Sep 12, 2010, 12:23 AM - Re: Bossk costume #8

    i think this is a true case of make it hit or miss style.

    if something doesnt look right, keep modding it.
  9. gymbeau2000's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    400
    Sep 12, 2010, 3:17 PM - Re: Bossk costume #9

    Well Bondo=ing a latex mask is a recipe for disaster. Best answer would be as Superprops says. Buy a good chunk of wet clay and sculpt the head over a life cast of your own head. Then make a mold to pull a latex mask from off your sculpt.

    Bossk's Bossk (lol) is very good. I saw him several times at CV. Oddly, I think the feet would be the hardest to do. Must be able to be small so they don't look like overshoes and be very durable to walk in.
  10. Sep 14, 2010, 5:07 PM - Re: Bossk costume #10

    Quote gymbeau2000 said: View Post
    Well Bondo=ing a latex mask is a recipe for disaster. Best answer would be as Superprops says. Buy a good chunk of wet clay and sculpt the head over a life cast of your own head. Then make a mold to pull a latex mask from off your sculpt.

    Bossk's Bossk (lol) is very good. I saw him several times at CV. Oddly, I think the feet would be the hardest to do. Must be able to be small so they don't look like overshoes and be very durable to walk in.
    fair enough. ive never gone wrong with bondo but then again, ive never tried to make a mask completely out of it, so i guess i got to take your word on that one. the facemold seems like a good idea since i made something like that in high school and it was very comfortable.
  11. Member Since
    May 2009
    Posts
    6
    Sep 16, 2010, 9:08 AM - Re: Bossk costume #11

    Bondo's great for hard things such as helmets, but not so great for things where you want some flex and softness like a mask with a skin texture. When you want that, latex is the way to go.
  12. Sep 17, 2010, 11:04 PM - Re: Bossk costume #12

    Quote Arketh said: View Post
    Bondo's great for hard things such as helmets, but not so great for things where you want some flex and softness like a mask with a skin texture. When you want that, latex is the way to go.
    *nods* yeah that makes sense. bad history with flex joints making it chip and break.

Similar Threads

  1. What does bossk say?
    By boomer in forum The Sarlacc Pit
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: Mar 2, 2013, 7:23 AM
  2. Bossk: Bossk Jumpsuit
    By The Tusken Trader in forum Original Trilogy Bounty Hunters
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jun 14, 2010, 7:36 PM
  3. Bossk: Bossk Mask
    By Lokan in forum Original Trilogy Bounty Hunters
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jul 16, 2009, 3:11 PM
  4. Bossk: Need help with Bossk Costume parts
    By Boba_die_Wix in forum Original Trilogy Bounty Hunters
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Apr 21, 2009, 1:27 PM