Took a break while painting my Fett helmet and decided to do some mods on a Rubies Deluxe Vader helmet that I had lying around. It's not 100% screen accurate, but with a little effort they can make a decent Vader display bucket.
Here's what I did:
1) Squared off the bottom of the grills.
2) Replaced the wire mesh behind the grill and in the chin. (Used a paint roller strainer)
3) Dremeled out the eyes and replaced the lenses using Dk Green Welder's Visor
4) Rebuilt the bridge of the nose using sheet styrene and bondo.
5) Repainted the helmet using the gunmetal/black paint scheme.
What I did wrong:
1) Filled in the indentions on top of the cheeks and didn't rescribe them. I never liked those anyway.
2) Used Dark Green Welder's Visor for the lenses
3) Reinserted the silver nose plug. (I'll probably take that out and just paint the interior of the nose silver.
4) Used the original Rubie's metal tusks. (Once again, I'll probably replace them with accurate ones some day)
5)Used a metal paint roller strainer for the mesh.
Anyway, this is just a 'fast horse' mod to sit my shelf. At 5' 8" it's not like I'm going to join the 501st as a Vader!