Animated Clone Parts

Animated Clone Parts

I started posting this over on ct.net a few weeks ago, but here are some early on prototype pics up against OSCS animated armor. It also fits well with the regular clone armor. These were 5 vacced parts (bad pulls at that) I CA glued together and bondo'd the seams up with. I've got two back filler panel's I vacced yesterday I have to install yet and add that round pipe looking thing on the bottom. Once I can get a better set made up, I'm sending it off to General Fidelis to have the straps, top cover, and decal made.

Last edited by Steelblitz; Dec 13, 2010 at 7:17 PM. Reason: title name change

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

Re: Animated Backpack

Hey bud Im looking to do something similar with a Capt Rex and a Arena JP...how have you got it mounted to the backplate? and how do you plan to support it? Is it very heavy? Im thinking a harness like a fett under the backplate to help support the weight

It's just propped up against the back armor for now, but I have the back panel recessed to sort of mimic a reverse of the clone back armor. There is no weight to this at all, unlike Fett packs. The two straps that will be made for it will be sufficient to hold it in conjunction with how the backpanel is made. I'm carrying the backpanel part of this over to a clone jetpack myself.

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

I was thinking I can make some frame to connect to my booboofett frame harness...so its not really mounted to the backplate but to the frame

From
    Waldorf, MD

THAT IS AWESOME!!! I actually asked about something along those lines on ct.net, looking for a functional one to carry a hydration bladder. Of course the solution we found in the discussion for the bladder was much different. That whole discussion was at this link: http://forum.clonetroopers.net/index...7&#entry141747

If your pack is also functional you are the MAN!

It looks almost like the backpack Asoka Tano has in a few episodes, you did a really nice job cleaning up the rough spots with bondo and I can't wait to see how this turns out.

From
    Massachusetts

Vagabond said: View Post
    It looks almost like the backpack Asoka Tano has in a few episodes, you did a really nice job cleaning up the rough spots with bondo and I can't wait to see how this turns out.
    That's because Ahsoka uses a clone backpack. They are one in the same.

From
    St. Barbara, Calif.

Looks cool Steelblitz!

Changed the thread title to reflect some more animated clone parts I've completed and still working on at the moment.

First up is the animated ARC backpack. Of all the things, I don't have a finished picture or one showing all the parts together, but someone else started a WIP of one of these assemblys in the same thread mentioned in the first post. Heres a screen cap of the ARC with a handful of assembly pictures I had....

Pics of my first test pieces that were later modified slightly to fit together better showing the main shell and backpanels installed.

Re: Animated Clone Parts

Started working on the ARC pouches. This clone has 7 more pouches than the typical animated clone.

Blurry pic of one of the leg pouches. Next ones will be crisper as I messed up the cycle when vaccing these, plus it was too cold.

Next, to my animated pistol (not showing the rear button detail) and holster. This was also the first test pull of that holster, so it will be crisper and some more detail added that I see got lost on the top angle portion.

From
    St. Barbara, Calif.

Re: Animated Clone Parts

Pro work as usual Frank!