What an awesome forum.

What an awesome forum.

Evening all, or afternoon, or even morning for some of us I'm sure!

Very pleased to have been directed towards this website from the many youtube video's I've been scouting for the last few days. My names Sam, and I'm from Cornwall in the U.K. I'm looking to start building my own custom Mandalorian costume and this seems like the place to get help and gain experience from the many guru's on the dented helmet. The effort and work here is incredible, and although I'm not sure whether I can pull off anything like it, I plan to give it a blast! I've got a few starter questions that will help me make up my mind on a few things.

Would any recommend cardboard over sintra? or vice a versa? Because I'm in the U.K. I'll probably have to go with Foamex. This is the first decision I'm having to make while gathering all the materials and I'd love to hear everyone's advice. Anything else you can recommend please don't hesitate to post!

Thanks for taking your time to read this and look forward to being a part of the community

From
    Greenwood, AR

Re: What an awesome forum.

Welcome this place is awesome .. i'm new here as well and i've learned so much ... and had a lot of fun.. Have you been over to Mandalorian Mercs .. a great place if you are going custom

Redeyepunk said: View Post
    Evening all, or afternoon, or even morning for some of us I'm sure!

Very pleased to have been directed towards this website from the many youtube video's I've been scouting for the last few days. My names Sam, and I'm from Cornwall in the U.K. I'm looking to start building my own custom Mandalorian costume and this seems like the place to get help and gain experience from the many guru's on the dented helmet. The effort and work here is incredible, and although I'm not sure whether I can pull off anything like it, I plan to give it a blast! I've got a few starter questions that will help me make up my mind on a few things.

Would any recommend cardboard over sintra? or vice a versa? Because I'm in the U.K. I'll probably have to go with Foamex. This is the first decision I'm having to make while gathering all the materials and I'd love to hear everyone's advice. Anything else you can recommend please don't hesitate to post!

Thanks for taking your time to read this and look forward to being a part of the community
    Welcome to the Forum!

This is definitely a great place to get gear and the scratch builds here are awesome if that's your preferred method!

As stated above I would definitely check out Mandalorian Mercs. Those guys have all sorts of wicked suits and armor that ranges from Sintra all the way to Metal if that's what you're after!

Thanks for the warm welcomes. Well, after browsing the forums for the last 2 hours or so, I am in awe with antmans cardboard build and think that's a great way to start. The only issue is he never finished his second build which is a real shame. I want to do a Boba Fett armour set I'm just not sure if I can manage the paint work. If you have any great threads that might guide me in scratch build then please don't hesitate to post away!

From
    Greenwood, AR

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f25/a...mplates-23196/ -Templates and the discussions on this thread are awesome

http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/ind...?topic=65441.0 - more awesome stuff

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/a...mplates-41929/ - Helmet templates

Hope this helps some
    Last edited by dolioshmolio; Jul 28, 2013 at 6:42 PM. Reason: more info

From
    Atlanta (but from Devon, UK)

Another from the Westcountry! Huzzah!

Hey Mockingbird, bet you're glad you moved away eh? haha. Thanks for the links guys. I've started my Boba scratch build, I will start a thread once I've got some decent shots of progress etc.