Subscribe
  1. Nov 13, 2009, 6:20 PM - A Trooper from the Outer Rim Territories =) #1

    Good day everyone,

    I'm Peter and I go by TR/DZ/TK/TS-2870 (and soon TD) in the 501st Malaysia-Brunei Outpost. Joined TDH forum so that I can, among other things, check out and appreciate the group efforts of prominent TDH members who put together Boba Fett (Empire Strikes Back Bespin Ambush) costume for Mr Jeremy Bulloch, now known as BH 5211 of the UK Garrison.

    And here's a pic of me in TD (still ongoing with improvements ) Armor to complete my short introduction in this thread :


  2. dsonik1's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,492
    Nov 14, 2009, 12:10 AM - Re: A Trooper from the Outer Rim Territories =) #2

    Welcome, man!
  3. Nov 14, 2009, 6:58 AM - Re: A Trooper from the Outer Rim Territories =) #3

    Thank you for the welcome dsonik1
  4. Ogait-Nas's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    388
    Nov 14, 2009, 8:12 AM - Re: A Trooper from the Outer Rim Territories =) #4

    Welcome aboard!
  5. Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    91
    Nov 14, 2009, 8:22 AM - Re: A Trooper from the Outer Rim Territories =) #5

    Hi Pet, I did not realized that Malaysian has a TD Garrison.

    I lived just 2 hrs south of your position. No Outpost here. I guess I'm the only trooper lost way outside the outer rim.

    Anyway, welcome to the board, many nice ppl here.
  6. Nov 14, 2009, 9:20 AM - Re: A Trooper from the Outer Rim Territories =) #6

    Thank you for the welcome wishes Ogait-Nas and carves


    Quote carves said: View Post
    Hi Pet, I did not realized that Malaysian has a TD Garrison.

    I lived just 2 hrs south of your position. No Outpost here. I guess I'm the only trooper lost way outside the outer rim.

    Anyway, welcome to the board, many nice ppl here.

    Carves, or would you prefer I address you as Ben?

    Where are you from exactly, Jakarta or at Batam since you've mentioned that there is no Outpost, which can logically mean that you're from Indonesia right? We do not have a TD "garrison" yet, in Malaysia. However, we have 2 Sandtroopers in the 501st Malaysia-Brunei Outpost. One from Peninsular Malaysia (ME) and another based in Brunei. All in our Outpost has 17 members with 3 potential members in the pipeline since their costumes are in varying stages of completion.

    Thanks again for the welcome and I'll check out this place here.

    BTW I see that you have a set of Stormtrooper armor on a mannequin, I advise you to put it on and show yourself wearing it to your friends and colleagues.
    Last edited by SandTrooper Peter; Nov 14, 2009 at 4:26 PM.
  7. Boomer Fett's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,089
    Nov 14, 2009, 10:12 AM - Re: A Trooper from the Outer Rim Territories =) #7

    Welcome aboard brother!
  8. Nov 14, 2009, 5:24 PM - Re: A Trooper from the Outer Rim Territories =) #8

    Thank you for the welcome Boomer Fett.
    Last edited by SandTrooper Peter; Nov 14, 2009 at 6:14 PM.
  9. Nov 14, 2009, 6:31 PM - Re: A Trooper from the Outer Rim Territories =) #9

    Peter! great to see ya here! (Its Lou from Facebook heh) This is where i got all my information and great parts for my ESB Fett!
  10. Nov 14, 2009, 6:41 PM - Re: A Trooper from the Outer Rim Territories =) #10

    Quote Darth Voorhees said: View Post
    Peter! great to see ya here! (Its Lou from Facebook heh) This is where i got all my information and great parts for my ESB Fett!

    Hey buddy we sure live in a small galaxy!

    Thanks for the welcome again and I have seen your ESB Fett which is a very well put together authentic looking Boba Fett - ESB Bespin Ambush costume. Looks great in short. Hopefully, we will have another Boba Fett - ESB version in the 501st Malaysia-Brunei Outpost, since we already have a Boba Fett - ROTJ, who is BobaWookie here in TDH forum.


    Off Topic : Did you receive the follow up message I sent you in FaceBook?
  11. Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    91
    Nov 14, 2009, 10:52 PM - Re: A Trooper from the Outer Rim Territories =) #11

    Quote SandTrooper Peter said: View Post
    Thank you for the welcome wishes Ogait-Nas and carves





    Carves, or would you prefer I address you as Ben?

    Where are you from exactly, Jakarta or at Batam since you've mentioned that there is no Outpost, which can logically mean that you're from Indonesia right? We do not have a TD "garrison" yet, in Malaysia. However, we have 2 Sandtroopers in the 501st Malaysia-Brunei Outpost. One from Peninsular Malaysia (ME) and another based in Brunei. All in our Outpost has 17 members with 3 potential members in the pipeline since their costumes are in varying stages of completion.

    Thanks again for the welcome and I'll check out this place here.

    BTW I see that you have a set of Stormtrooper armor on a mannequin, I advise you to put it on and show yourself wearing it to your friends and colleagues.
    I'm in Jakarta. Yes, not even an outpost. I figure being a bounty hunter is more appropriate then any other since bounty hunter can be anywhere.

    I cant wear the armor because to be a ST you need to be at least 5.9, while I'm no taller then Mark Hamil. And dont ask me to cop of the armor to make it fit. That is a TE armor #5 you are looking at. So no way I'm copping that one.
  12. Nov 15, 2009, 5:04 AM - Re: A Trooper from the Outer Rim Territories =) #12

    Quote carves said: View Post
    I'm in Jakarta. Yes, not even an outpost. I figure being a bounty hunter is more appropriate then any other since bounty hunter can be anywhere.

    I cant wear the armor because to be a ST you need to be at least 5.9, while I'm no taller then Mark Hamil. And dont ask me to cop of the armor to make it fit. That is a TE armor #5 you are looking at. So no way I'm copping that one.

    Ben, you're NOT alone in Jakarta as there is another potential member who is currently building his Sandtrooper costume. Please PM me your e-mail address and I can establish a connection between you guys. If you're both nearby then perhaps you can get together, troop and then do something to appy for a 501st Outpost in Indonesia. If that is done, then the Galactic Empire and the 501st Legion will have effectively conquered another sector in the Outer Rim Territories. FYI Thailand our northern most neighbour had their 501st Outpost activated around June 2009.

    If you are as tall as Mark Hamill who is said to be 5' 7" as at July 1st, 2008 according to this website :

    http://www.trueknowledge.com/q/how_t...eet_and_inches

    you could fit into a TK Stormtrooper armor, like my latest fellow member TK-6033 in this picture :



    He is around Mark Hamill's height and he managed to trim the larger FX Armor to fit his build.

    For TE and TE2 Stormtrooper armor, according to what TE2 informed me, they are built to fit a person who is 5' 10" on the average, with minimal trimming. I suppose you have procured your TE Stormtrooper armor in kit form and built up yourself?

    Have you decided which Boba Fett are you going for? The ESB version , which our illustrious new member Jeremy Bulloch is wearing or the ROTJ version or even the ANH-SE version?
  13. Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    91
    Nov 15, 2009, 5:46 AM - Re: A Trooper from the Outer Rim Territories =) #13

    Quote SandTrooper Peter said: View Post
    Ben, you're NOT alone in Jakarta as there is another potential member who is currently building his Sandtrooper costume. Please PM me your e-mail address and I can establish a connection between you guys. If you're both nearby then perhaps you can get together, troop and then do something to appy for a 501st Outpost in Indonesia. If that is done, then the Galactic Empire and the 501st Legion will have effectively conquered another sector in the Outer Rim Territories. FYI Thailand our northern most neighbour had their 501st Outpost activated around June 2009.

    If you are as tall as Mark Hamill who is said to be 5' 7" as at July 1st, 2008 according to this website :

    http://www.trueknowledge.com/q/how_t...eet_and_inches

    you could fit into a TK Stormtrooper armor, like my latest fellow member TK-6033 in this picture :

    He is around Mark Hamill's height and he managed to trim the larger FX Armor to fit his build.

    For TE and TE2 Stormtrooper armor, according to what TE2 informed me, they are built to fit a person who is 5' 10" on the average, with minimal trimming. I suppose you have procured your TE Stormtrooper armor in kit form and built up yourself?

    Have you decided which Boba Fett are you going for? The ESB version , which our illustrious new member Jeremy Bulloch is wearing or the ROTJ version or even the ANH-SE version?
    There is always a debate about how tall is Mark Hamil. Some sites said that he is 5' 6", some say 5' 7" and so on.

    The TE armor I got is made, trimmed, and builed by the man himself. I think he only build up to 10 of them. So no way I'm trimming to fit me in anyway.

    I probably go for the ESB since that is the first time Fett is ever being introduced.

    I send you a PM.
    Last edited by carves; Nov 15, 2009 at 5:48 AM. Reason: Taking of image URL. It just take of to much space.
  14. Nov 15, 2009, 8:27 AM - Re: A Trooper from the Outer Rim Territories =) #14

    Quote carves said: View Post
    The TE armor I got is made, trimmed, and builed by the man himself. I think he only build up to 10 of them. So no way I'm trimming to fit me in anyway.

    I probably go for the ESB since that is the first time Fett is ever being introduced.

    I send you a PM.

    Ben, thanks for the additional info on your TE Stormtrooper armor.

    TESB Bespin Ambush Boba Fett is a great choice and looking forward to your build thread here in this forum.

    Received your PM and have done the necessary.
  15. Jul 11, 2010, 3:33 PM - Re: A Trooper from the Outer Rim Territories =) #15

    Quote carves said: View Post
    Hi Pet, I did not realized that Malaysian has a TD Garrison.

    I lived just 2 hrs south of your position. No Outpost here. I guess I'm the only trooper lost way outside the outer rim.

    Anyway, welcome to the board, many nice ppl here.
    Hi Ben, you're not alone. please join http://starwars-indonesia.dinogroups.com and join our discussion about starting an outpost in our beloved country. cheers!

Similar Threads

  1. EXACT outer diameter of the heiland flash tube
    By Stormrider in forum The Sarlacc Pit
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Oct 29, 2009, 4:59 PM
  2. EP III ARC Trooper - What do they look like?
    By asok in forum Star Wars Costumes
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Mar 13, 2009, 10:41 AM
  3. Clone Trooper to Storm Trooper
    By SEEKER in forum Star Wars Costumes
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Mar 9, 2009, 9:33 PM
  4. Outer Rim and Visor Opening
    By Jedi-Bob in forum Boba Fett Helmet
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Sep 25, 2003, 1:02 PM