Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Subscribe
    May 17, 2004, 10:17 AM - Re: Please introduce yourself #26

dallas - 32 y/o - married (been w/ wifey for over 13 years), 2 kiddies (11 y/o daughter Madison, 2 y/o son Franklin)...

<ul>[*]We live in St. Louis Park, MN... hometown of the Coen Brothers (YEA!) and Al Frankin (BOO!)
    [*]Spent much of my time, from high school to now, collecting/selling nostalgic kid crap - like lunchboxes, vintage toys, cereal boxes, etc... Owned my own shop called LaLaLand about 7 years ago... closed it to sell on eBay only.
    [*]Got into this whole SW prop/costume replica stuff about 10 years ago... bought a Marco stormtrooper (it was HUGE - I was swimming in that thing)... Coolest damn thing ever - but now itÕs just laughably bad/inaccurate looking IÕve got pix of it somewhere....
    [*]Made my first Fett about Ō97-Õ98.... pre-tdh, pre-MOM, pre-oodles of reference, pre-anyone else out there making one, pre-everything

I guess itÕs not bad looking for an early attempt.
    [*]Attempting to finish my Zam (IÕve got TONS of money into her, and not a lot to show for it.... yet). And toying (back nÕ forth) w/ doing another Fett... itÕs a struggle in my life I just donÕt know if IÕm ready to put that much &#36; and time into something else right now.
    [*]IÕm also concentrating on getting my new partnership business venture up nÕ running... ( www.mrfrothy.com )... so far itÕs going pretty good... just not good enough yet for me to quit my job.
    [*]Oh yea, my job.... where I spend 1/3 of my life I do graphic/layout for a mail order catalog... iÕm sure most of you know what kind of product we carry here Eh, IÕm not thrilled with it either... but the money is good and the job SUPER easy.... thus the reason I have SO much free time to goof around on the ŌNet and work on personal projects.
    [*]What elseĄ I drive a Ō71 Beetle and I have a Ō63 Vespa that I used to drive - but itÕs in need of some serious repair. I have an unhealthy obsession w/ Twiggy, Audrey Hepburn, Audrey Tautou and Rasputina. And I like raspberry iced tea and sammiches.<ul>

THE END!
    May 17, 2004, 10:42 AM - Re: Please introduce yourself #27

Hello,
    I am Eddie. I have been a huge SW fan since I was just a pup. I had the pleasure of meeting Darth Vader in person at a signing in Lansing Michigan when I was 5 and lucky for me that year my mom made me a really cool Darth Vader Costume from scratch. I had the original DP Vader helmet (Which I still have) to complete the costume. I have dabbled in Special F/X Make up since I was 12, playing Freddy Krueger for the Detroit Auto Show back in 1992. I just recently acquired a Marrow_Sun Boba Helmet and can't wait to get started on it. This is going to be my first SW costume as an adult and I can't wait!
    Nice to meet you all and it was nice meeting those of you that attended the Motor City Comic Con this year!
    This is me at 5 in my first SW Costume:

And here is a more recent picture of me:

Here are my photo albums:

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/e2k13/my_photos
    May 17, 2004, 12:02 PM - Re: *Official* "Please introduce yourself" thread #28

Hi, I'm Robert Suarez, and I'm an ALCOHOLIC! (j/k)

I'm 34 y/o, married to a really tollerable and patient wife (Martha). No kids yet, but "the practice" keeps going

I'm a Military Air Traffic Controller in the ARMY, serving (NOW in Italy), and about to be deployed to Afghanistan soon (which I hate this place also from the previous place -Fort Polk, Louisiana-), which I prefer a whole lot better. Don't get me wrong, this is a beautiful place, but at the same time really complicated (driving and living issues), as really expensive...compared to the EURO exchange to the DOLLAR. One quarter or third of my time I spend it online, checking emails, and here, of course.

I started with TDH 2 years ago (Jan '03), completing my Fett in June/July of the same year, and making upgrades and fixings since then. I started my hobby (and kinda always liked it) of costuming since I was in middle school...somehow, but I've made a "scratch-built" (minus the helmet-a DP) Vader costume since 1990 that I was pretty happy with it, but it doesn't fit me anymore, and I've wanted to upgrade since then, guiding me to get and looking for a Trooper suit, most seen everywhere, but I always wanted to do something more challenging...a Boba Fett costume, based on it's complexity of the costume itself, and being one of the most recognizable characters in the SW Trilogy.

Here's me with my Vader,

And with wifey in our first anniversary, (I'm clean-shaven now, and a few pounds extra than then)...

Robert
    Last edited by DarthVader1; Jan 26, 2005 at 12:04 PM.
    May 17, 2004, 2:25 PM - Re: *Official* "Please introduce yourself" thread #29

My name is Jason. I'm 28 and live in Chicago with my sweet lass Erica aka DarthPerfidious/BobaFemme.

I got into the whole costuming bit in 2001 when I met Mookie at the Pittsburgh Comic-con. Its been downhill ever since . I've actually been involved building/collecting props since 1999 when I got my first Graflex.

Ever since I was a kid I always though Boba Fett was super cool. As luck would have it, I was not alone. I decided after my first Dragon-Con, thanks to the late night wearing of Dean-O's DP Deluxe, that I had to build my own Fett suit. I've been working on it ever since. It's wearable but not complete. Thanks to you guys and the never ending research into perfecting this costume. Now I'm on the path to upgrades of nearly every aspect of my suit.

I've been continually inspired by what I see the members of this forum making and doing. I am always amazed to see the work that comes out of here be it paint jobs or new part discoveries. It is very refreshing to see so many wonderful people so passionate about the Fetts and Zam.

And without further ado, here's a Mango Fett/Devo picture:

May 17, 2004, 10:48 PM - Re: *Official* "Please introduce yourself" thread #30

Hi all,

In addition to having a bad case of SW prop addiction, heres a little bit about me.

My name, obviously, is Sean. 28 years old, married.

Been living in NYC since 1993 (when I graduated high school), moved here to become an actor.
    Fast forward to 2004, and I'm moving back to Delaware, now an attorney...funny the way life works ain't it?

I have a beautiful wife, Dawn, {I know Sean and Dawn haha) and we have 2 cats and a 13 year old retired racing greyhound that I have had since high school. For those of you whi don't know, greyhound racing is very very cruel to the animals and there are programs now that adopt these sweet, gentle animals out to families. I'm a dog person and I've never known such a good spirited, even tempered, well behaved dog. great and patient with kids too (although they hate skunks....long story....) for more about adopting greyhounds go to www.ngap.org

I also LOVE the beach, my jeep wrangler, theatre, movies, books, writing, etc, etc.

here's me and the wifey on the beach in my old cherokee:

night!
    sean
    May 17, 2004, 11:03 PM - Re: *Official* "Please introduce yourself" thread #31

bobagoat wrote:

My name is Jason. I'm 28 and live in Chicago with my sweet lass Erica aka DarthPerfidious/BobaFemme.

And without further ado, here's a Mango Fett/Devo picture:

A classic Dragon*Con'03 moment to remember (or to have nightmares about it)

Robert
    May 19, 2004, 8:08 AM - Re: *Official* "Please introduce yourself" thread #32

Seems as though this thread has been on alot of web pages this last year. Well my name is Scott. I'm 36 and have 2 great kids and an unhappy Star Wars hater wife. I grew up a Star Wars fan. I saw the First Star Wars movie when it came out and won a contest with my friends by seeing it 75 times. Good thing it only cost .50 back then to go to a matinee! After school i joined the U.S. Navy and became a Navy SEAL. Been all around the world and have to say Australia was the best place to go. I got out after 7 years and worked in the jail in my home town for 4 1/2 years. I am now on the road patrol for the same dept. in Lenawee County Michigan. I don't have any updated photos of my costume yet to post but it is in some of the threads for the Mich prop party held a couple months ago.
  8. Member Since
    Apr 2004
    May 19, 2004, 11:45 AM - Re: *Official* "Please introduce yourself" thread #33

My name is Sean im 29 been a Star Wars fan my whole life, i have 2 boys i adopted from Russia and i am trying to be a good father and show them the ways of the Force. I work as a Paramedic in North Carolina so i have ALOT of downtime to tinker with my props and play around on THD and RPF, I am finishing up my Jango and now tweaking it meaning exchanging the "hurry up so i can be Jango parts" for the quality stuff, also have a Imperial Officer,been a Stormtrooper and a Sandtrooper and i am the CO of the Carolina Garrison

May 19, 2004, 10:30 PM - Re: *Official* "Please introduce yourself" thread #34

Hi, my name is Matthew Cassano, (aka Jaster). I've been apart of TDH for quite some time now, my old user name use to be 'MaTTster27', but I had it changed to 'Jaster Mereel', hence the attire.
    [*] I'm 19 years old & currently live in Pennsylvania, I live at home with a pretty big family, (4 bro's, 3 sis) all my sis moved out & 2 bro's. I'm afriad of moving anywhere because of my SW collection, "Never leave a figure behind!"
    [*] I've been a huge Star Wars fan ever since I could remember, I started my SW collection back in 95' when the trilogy figures came out. A few years down the road, with collecting still going strong, I then started my SWRoom which then lead to costuming/props, etc... I first started off with my StormTrooper/SandTrooper attire. I then wanted something, 'different', so I went on a hunt looking for ideas until I played the game Bounty Hunter for GameCube & read the Jango Fett: Open Seasons comics & fell in love. So I picked Jaster Mereel from OS to be my next project. Since this day, that's all I wear, & that's how I got the nick name 'Jaster'.
    [*] I currently own my own domain (www.MandalorianWarriors.com) & run a decent sized Mandalorian army, which seems to be getting bigger each day. MW.com takes up a majority of my time, but it's all worth it!
    [*] Plans for the future.. as soon as summer breaks out, I plan on attending the New York Film Academy (NYFA) to pursue my dream of film making. I've been thinking about becoming a local cop, but this small towns weak.. I rather see 2 old women slap each other, rather then sit around here all day.. waiting for nothing to come my way. So I'm bringing my talent/dreams to the big apple, NEW YORK!
    [*] What else.. oh yeah, love life.. well, I'm currently single just haven't had time to do the whole 'dating thing', it's hard to find a gal around here that holds the same interested. Sooooooo... if there's any takers on TDH that would like to spark up a chat, I'm mostly online; MerellFett 8)
    [*] Below are some shots of me on various occasions. I even managed to find a buckets off pic, so enjoy!

-Jaster
    May 19, 2004, 11:45 PM - Re: *Official* "Please introduce yourself" thread #35

Quote: I then started my SWRoom which then lead to costuming/props, etc...
    Dang! And I thought Carida's CO had a collection! Yours is like guber fish sized compared to his guppy sized collection.Krikey~ Don't tell him I said that...
    May 20, 2004, 2:29 AM - Re: *Official* "Please introduce yourself" thread #36

Daaaamn...Are you planning to open up a toys r us?, lol...you have put my collection to shame big time...Only if my wife would let me do that...
  12. May 20, 2004, 12:22 PM - Re: *Official* "Please introduce yourself" thread #37

Hi, i'm Sam, and i live in Northeast Tennessee(aka "Outer Rim Territory"). I'm 29 and have been slowly making progress on my ESB costume for the past year or so, but its become a labor of love, not to mention a maddening quest for perfection. I met Jeremy Bulloch last October in Gatlinburg, which was an awesome experience that couldn't be beat, but a close 2nd is meeting Fetthunter and his crew from the 501st. Up until that point i had only seen pics of costumes, but after getting to study and admire Jamie's costume for several hours, i finally got a positive feeling that i might actually finish this project before i'm eligible for Medicare.....when i'm not trying to keep this project on track, i play a lot of softball and golf, and i'm a storage unit for the most useless collection of information known to man(but i rock at Trivial Pursuit). I don't post a lot on here, mostly just read and attempt to apply, but this site has given me more help and ideas than i could possibly list, but then with all you talented people contributing, its no wonder. My thanks to all of you, this place rules.......
  13. Member Since
    Jun 2002
    May 20, 2004, 3:18 PM - Re: *Official* "Please introduce yourself" thread #38

Quote:
    The guy on the left looks like George Clooney to me
    May 20, 2004, 3:25 PM - Re: Please introduce yourself #39

Zam I Am wrote:

WHOT??? Like NOT! you are soooo NOT leaving. Don't gimme that crap... What's up with this not fettin stuff?
    Well, not yet, but gradually I'll fade away.
    Time and money are the main things this hobby requires, something I'm not going to have while I'm back in school.

- Saul Good
    May 20, 2004, 11:02 PM - Re: *Official* "Please introduce yourself" thread #40

Ok,
    My turn. My name is Craig, and I`m from the Chicago south suburbs. I`m 34 and I`ve been into Star Wars since 1977 when I saw it for the first time in the movie theater. I got into the whole costuming thing back in 1999 when I was researching a Han Solo ANH costume. This is when I stumbled across the OJA, where I met a ton of great people, and eventually became one of the site Admins. From the OJA I got directed to the RPF and from there....the AS YOU WISH board. Well, after completing the Han Solo outfit, I was at Wizard World Chicago, where I totally blame Turo, Goat, and TK895 for getting me hooked on the armor!! They were the first guys I ever met, and I`m proud to call them my good friends today. My claim to fame is that I was the first to do a Jodo Kast costume, and after 3yrs of research and development, I got to debut it (incomplete but I did`nt care) at DCon 2003.

There was no better feeling than wearing this armor and people constantly asking to get their picture taken with you. And goofing around with everyone from the board is always a plus to!

And my supportive girlfriend getting silly with everyone`s favorite Mango..

I love this place...And I can`t wait for DCon 04.

Jodo

May 21, 2004, 9:47 AM - Re: *Official* "Please introduce yourself" thread #41

Hey everyone!

Well i just joined this forum and you'll be seeing alot more of me this fall & christmas as i will be haunting this forum trying to find information on all the bits and ends for my very own Boba Fett armor/costume.

I'm a member of the 501st and you can find me there as TK518. Recently i've been dreaming of expanding my armour wardrobe and my whish list has come down to either a snowtrooper or a Boba Fett. Needless to say i'm leaning more and more towards the Fett.

Other personal info:
    23 years old and i live in sweden so if there are any fellow scandinavian Fetts out there don't hesitate to email or PM me. Right now i'm studying for my bachelours degree so i can basically only afford to get the armour peice by peice.

But one day!!! I'll have it all! Any tips at this point are more than welcome as i've already been looking at different dealers. If any of you have any recomendations they are also more than welcome. my email: tk05180@yahoo.se

cheers,
    May 21, 2004, 7:04 PM - Re: *Official* "Please introduce yourself" thread #42

Hey Fetts,

My name is John Barrows, Jr., I'm 30 yrs. old and I'm from Milford, Massachusetts. Like the rest of you, I have been a huge Star Wars fan since I saw ANH in the theater at age 5.

I am a member of the 501st Legion- New England Garrison. I've been involved with the Legion for a year or so now and it's really a great thing to be able to dress up as your favorite Star Wars characters and help people at the same time.

I've been portraying TK + TD Stormtroopers all along, but thanks to my fellow garrison member + Dented Helmet member Bob Gouveia (Webchief on TDH) I got into building my ESB Fett. This coming June, I will be trooping for the first time as Fett and I'm quite excited!

I am a meat cutter for Whole Foods Markets and many of my fellow 501st members have given me the nickname "The Butcher". It sounds cool and if you saw the movie Gangs of New York, you know how cool a nickname like that can be.

I recently got out of the military after being a Military Police Officer in the Massachusetts Army National Guard since 1991.

I am single as of this past Feb, so any single, female Fett lovers, come and get me!!! I'd love to find someone who I could share my life with. (But, you have to love Star Wars!)

Hopefully, I'll find my way to CIII and see you all in person.

On a personal note: I hope my good friend Hilmir, (Mobius on TDH) is going to be alright. He is in critical condition after being in a terrible accident in Iceland, where he is a police officer. He is a great person and I pray that he will be okay. Hang in there Hilmir!

Thanks!

John Barrows, Jr.
    TK-1776
  18. Member Since
    Aug 2002
    May 21, 2004, 9:44 PM - Re: *Official* "Please introduce yourself" thread #43

OK, my turn.

My name is Vern Partello. Yes, the name is a family curse and not common. This forum definitely is a small world as one of our fellow members knows the only other man in the US with that name (my father) back when there was less than 600 of us. That was probably the coolest thing on this forum as far as discussions (PMs that is). Been out of loop over the winter but have dropped in at least once weekly.

Been a Stars Wars fanatic since i was a kid. Still have my original vintage figures in excellent shape as I was a stickler then with my collection. Got turned on to this hobby at CII when I found out you could build an awesome costume. Ran around for years in a loin cloth as a mountain kid/teenager/man. Still do that occasionally, minus the loin cloth. Don't quit have the figure I used to. Luckily, I married my wife when I did.

I'm 33, soon to be 34, unfortunately. I live in Southern, WI with my beautiful wife who has put here career (RN) on hold to take care of the three treasures we created. Two daughters 5 and 4 and our son who is almost 2.

Born and raised in Southern CA and moved to WI after we married as neither of us wanted to stay with kids in the plans. Admitting gunshot wounds every night on call gets old.

I did my bachelors in Biology with an emphasis in Biochemistry and Genetics. When I completed my MD we moved to the Midwest for my Family Practice residency. Now I'm a simple country doc in a town of 5000 with the best of all worlds. I practice the full scope of Family Medicine with Obstetrics, teach medical students from surrounding schools and continue to teach residents inpatient and out patient medicine. And on occasion can be found in local ER's and Urgent Cares moonlighting to pay off student loans.

As far as other hobbies I enjoy are Black Powder Rendezvous. Hence, the loin cloths. Wood working and minor construction. Military weapons and the AR-15 I recently built. My winter project since my Boba was on hold. Also, have a passion for vintage sports cars and my wife is just beginning to warm up to the idea of me building a Shelby AC Cobra next year. Fortunately, there are fanatics to work with there to make it as accurate as possible.

Pictures to follow.

May 24, 2004, 12:04 PM - Re: *Official* "Please introduce yourself" thread #44

Great thread - finally putting people to names and Fett faces. So many of you have been so helpful to me with ideas and answers in building my Fett outfit. ...And I have no plans to leave Fett costuming!

I was born Chris Bartlett in 1970 and saw Star Wars in theaters several times at age 7. I grew up in Arizona and California, but recently moved to North Carolina. I've built a Sandtrooper and a Boba Fett costume and am in the 4th year running a costuming website attempting to show how people can kind of do-it-yourself without spending a ton of money.

I just celebrated my 11-year wedding anniversary to the talented and tolerating Mrs. TK409 - we have 2 sweetpea girls. I'm the Interactive Director for the ad agency, The Republik , and used to be a cartoon animator for DreamWorks Television. In 1997 I majored in graphic design and illustration and have worked on the web ever since. I have also owned several classic cars - typically from the 50's & 60s. My latest, a 1963 Corvair convertible.

More about me here.
    - Chris

May 29, 2004, 3:33 PM - Re: *Official* "Please introduce yourself" thread #45

Hey everyone, My name is Phil and I live in southern California. I have been collecting replica props for about 8 years, I'm mostly interested in star wars and aliens props, I have many replicas, a few resin blasters, a couple of Graflex tubes,many helmets, a homemade Boba Fett costume about 85% finished and am currently working on a Lewis rifle(ala TK409) for my stomtrooper armor and have clonetrooper armor waiting to be started.

Later
    May 30, 2004, 8:40 PM - Re: *Official* "Please introduce yourself" thread #46

Hey Gang...

My name is Michael, I'm 32 and currently bartending in the big city of Bowling Green Ky, home of the corvette, the hilltoppers, and Nappy Roots. Up until recently I was a graduate student at WKU working on my masters in Communications. I am on my way to Monroe La to be the general manager at Alexanders, a restaurant I did some consulting for a few months ago. I have been working on this damned Boba gear for about 5 years now.

bad pic of me

May 30, 2004, 11:24 PM - Re: *Official* "Please introduce yourself" thread #47

mindphunk wrote:

I am on my way to Monroe La to be the general manager at Alexanders, a restaurant I did some consulting for a few months ago. I have been working on this damned Boba gear for about 5 years now.

bad pic of me
    Is that "bad" pic because you're moving to Louisiana?

(Sorry, just kidding) , just I can't stop giving bad reputation about Louisiana, but it could be good, if you're in the City...just depending on the place you're (or will be) located at, and what you make out of it. This is not my environment (Mid-Western La.)...bottom line, I was raised in the city my whole life (until I moved to La.).

Like I told you before in another thread (and via PM), if you're in one of the main cities in the states...you have nothing to worry about, and you'll find EVERYTHING you're looking for...trust me on that one.

Robert
    Jun 1, 2004, 3:49 PM - Re: *Official* "Please introduce yourself" thread #48

Well, I think I should introduce myself, finally. My name is Chris Brown I'm 28 and from Casco, Michigan (about 30 miles north of Detroit). I have been a Star Wars fan since I saw A New Hope when it was re-released to the theaters in 1979-80. I teethed on my brother's figures and have vivid memories of playing in the snow with my AT-AT when I was a kid. I also am a classically and jazz trained Bass player (not the fish, the instrument with strings). I am an electrician by trade and enjoy what I do. I've been married to my wife, Carolyn for almost 9 years. I enjoy video games, 501st outings and participating in dramas at my church. When I'm not doing any of that, I'm upgrading my Jango costume and thinking of the next costume to work on. Here I am with a good book
    And here I am without a helmet (I'm the taller one on the right)

24. thunderbolt885
    Jun 4, 2004, 1:29 PM - Re: *Official* "Please introduce yourself" thread #49

well, i am a high school student, liek making movie props and buying them! id rather not buy something i could make though! its more fun that way. it started when i was little i say soom spoof of cops with storm troopers and i thought that was the coolest so a few years later i found obiwans jedi achademy and i liked the idea of having a fett suit but then i started looking into making a tusken raider, i never finished that.but i have the gaffi stick i made.pvc wood and plastic bottle.then later when i actualy had some money i bought a fett helnmet oh that was after i found this place, but only because i got into james bond prop making and found the RPF. made the garrote watch from "from russia with love." that works! it was teh first non static movie prop i ever made. tehn i started liking freddy krueger so i got a kit to make my own and i have it sitting around now. made a few commercials for that freddy glove site but he never used them, i still got a free hat and sweater out of it though. on my free wime (that means when im bored) i made Half life models for mods. like guns and player models and such. so im pretty familiar in 3d computer graphic modeling.

Scott
    Jun 4, 2004, 4:00 PM - Re: *Official* "Please introduce yourself" thread #50

Well, let's see, where to start?

I'm Rex Adams, been a Star Wars fan since it was first released. In addition to SW, I enjoy Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Ren Faires...

I grew up in Northern California, where I've spent the last 20+ years backpacking. I've been married for the last 18 years, have two awesome kids, (my boy is 14, my girl is almost 12, going on 17...)

I collect not just GiJoes, but pretty much all 1/6th scale stuff, from WWII to Modern to Sci-Fi to Historical to Fantasy. It does get quite crowded in my Joe Room...
    I enjoy designing the figures to become as realistic as possible.

I still have my comic collection from when I grew up, although nowadays, I rarely add to it.

I used to fight in sword and armor for the SCA.
    Used to love playing D&D. Used to work selling swords and armor at the fabled Blackpointe Ren Faire...
    I am a Brown Belt in Okinawan Karate.

I'm a member of the Central Coast Garrison, and look forward to joining Brian, Mark and Dave in the Sacto area Garrison as soon as my Fett is finished!!!
    After Fett, there will be a Stormtrooper, probably a Clonetrooper too, mebbe a Colonial Marine, as MLC just built a awesome Pulse Rifle!! (insert shameless plug here...)

I am a struggling Real Estate agent and working sales for a equip. rental firm as well. Pretty much 7 days a week.
    Which interfers with online forums...!!!

If it wasn't for practicing Karate, I think I'd go nuts!!

I worked in the action figure toy industry for almost 5 years, but the company "down-sized" and I found myself out of work. I found OJI- which led me here. Made some great friends, made a custom Mandalorian which of course, led to building a Fett. 1 1/2 years later, my ESB Boba Fett is closer to completion. I'm also helping Mardon (MLC) distribute custom Fett stuff.

I'll try and come up w/ some pics...

take care all,

-Rex