Hi, my names Geoff and I'm putting together (slowly) a ROTJ Boba costume.
I'm a member of the 501st (TK 7708) and have been costuming for a number of years.
I have a few completed costumes (click to view pics):
- Stormtrooper (AP kit)
- Sandtrooper (AP kit, backpack 95% finished)
- Snowtrooper (I've since replaced the cowl with more accurate material and am in the market for a longer duster)
- TIE Pilot (full sized TE bucket)
...as well as a few others in various stages of completion.
I wasn't seriously considering making a Boba Fett until I trooped an event for the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry (pics here) where I saw a costume up close and that was all it took. I was hooked.
As far as my ROTJ Boba goes, progress has been slow at best. I have mainly been picking up pieces here and there--some that I shouldn't have--and these acquisitions have been sporadic at best.
My parts list so far:
- MOW chest/cod/shoulder armor (pre-painted by MOW--I know, I know, more pride in doing it yourself, but at least I have a decent color template for the rest of the gear)
- CA Boots
- Hyperfirm ROTJ blaster
- Fettronics chest-light display
- leather ammo belt
- woven girth belt (undyed)
- Hyperdyne voice changer (actually, this is a unit which I've rigged so I can swap it into all of my helmets which have speakers built into them)
I also have a bunch of parts (fiberglass armor pieces, cheap gauntlets w/ resin parts, etc.) which I am not going to be using.
I'm leaning towards getting a bucket from Bobamaker, unless a less expensive, but equal in quality, bucket becomes available--suggestions?
So far I've found the collected wisdom of these forums to be invaluable and I wish I'd have referred to it earlier, before I made some purchases on ePray. Live and learn.
This is going to be an expensive costume indeed.