New to the Helmet

New to the Helmet

Vode ! I am fairly new to this and wanted to say hello. I am in the process of making my Beskar Gam. Most is rough and would take any help anyone will give . Since this is my first set I have budgeted the helmet till the beskar is done. I will buy a Good helmet, as i can. If this allows me i will post my progress . I am In Southern Ohio and hope there are more Vode here. I hope i am posting this right if i have not please let me know .

From
    Pocatello, Idaho

Re: New to the Helmet

Welcome to the TDH community! Look forward to your WIP pics.

Thanks Vode'

From
    Las Vegas, NV

Welcome bud!

Account Deactivated

welcome, brother! you find alot of help here, and many resources to help you finish your goal...best of luck, and we love WIP threads...pics!

From
    northern ohio

nice to see there is another vode from clan ohio on the boards.

Well i threw my beskar togather quickly for a dry run . I really didnt like the idea of the costume bits, but it was for my 9 year old son and we will do anything for our kids.Secondly I did this to prove to him that you can do anything you set your mind to and budget your time to. Im glad i did this. I was really feeling out about the whole thing, I mean the last time i costumed it was and Aliens Colonial Marine and i never quite got it done course that was about the time my son was born and then a few years later with a Space Above and Beyond suit. I know it may be frowned upon to do the Halloween thing but it gave me a chance to see what i need to change and how the Beskar' looked. The first thing i need to change is the vest. I chose to make mine and it is far too hot, it was in the 50's here and by the time we got done i was sweating (about 4 miles). The second thing is definatly a good helmet or at the very least upgrades to this. A fan is a must!!! The shoulder back Yoke definatly needs redone as well. I am, i guess, going back to the drawing board on the vest but will move ahead on the magazine pouches as I do Not like the costume ones they look cheesey. I did get quite a few good words from everyone who saw us My son was a young Jedi and I his Mando (Jango) guardian , he was so happy, and I have to admit I was enjoying the whole thing myself. I hope everyone will bear with me as i grow and evolve in this and learn how to do my Beskar and Helmet and bits. Thank you all in advance.