Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
    Dec 9, 2008, 7:26 PM - Re: New girl in town #26

Quote LadySythe said: View Post
    Holy cow! I never expected to get so many replies so quickly!! Thank you!!

@slave1pilot: UPPER NorCal, like Redding Fixed my Location there on the left
    Hey LS we're just hoping you'll class the joint up a bit

We've got family in Redding. Some beautiful country up there.
    Dec 9, 2008, 10:46 PM - Re: New girl in town #27

Quote Wolfie said: View Post
    Any reason you arent attempting a Boba costume? You shouldnt let being a girl stop ya
    Oh, I always wanted to make a BF costume...but as I got older the more I began to notice The Cloned Costume Effect. Everyone was an Kenobi Jedi, or a Stormtrooper, or an Imperial, or Vader, Maul, etc. There are TOO MANY of them out there. Also, I've always liked creating new and original characters and designing them. This is probabl a major reason why I prefer original and one of a kind costumes that no one has ever seen before - my current WIP Sith costume being one of those Sure I'll take a few ideas from other costumes here and there but in the end, what I create is original. That's what I like and I love to share. Besides, I think BF costuming should remain in the men's domain considering Boba is male

@Bubba Fett - maybe I'll see ya around up here some time lol My sister's fiance has family in the Bay... Shasta County does have some beautiful sights...but...eh.. it really does bite if you live here. Born here, lived 95% of my life here. All that's changed is the stores, SoCal peps bringing their money, bad attitudes and reckless driving habits, and a lot of modernization. There's 3 theaters, one Mall that was renovated and upgraded about 5 years ago, and despite the beauty of mother nature...it's boring *shrugs* MUCH more so than when I was living in Rotterdam, Netherlands
    Dec 9, 2008, 10:59 PM - Re: New girl in town #28

YES! A chick!

Errr...uhh...I meen....I respect you as a person, and a human being. (I was told to say that...)

But seriously, welcome.
    Dec 25, 2008, 9:36 PM - Re: New girl in town #29

Welcome , glad to see over here tooo .
    Dec 26, 2008, 9:05 AM - Re: New girl in town #30

Oh, I always wanted to make a BF costume...but as I got older the more I began to notice The Cloned Costume Effect. Everyone was an Kenobi Jedi, or a Stormtrooper, or an Imperial, or Vader, Maul, etc. There are TOO MANY of them out there. Also, I've always liked creating new and original characters and designing them. This is probabl a major reason why I prefer original and one of a kind costumes that no one has ever seen before - my current WIP Sith costume being one of those Sure I'll take a few ideas from other costumes here and there but in the end, what I create is original. That's what I like and I love to share. Besides, I think BF costuming should remain in the men's domain considering Boba is male
    Suppose I can see that. I prefer the kids to know who I am when I troop. Rather then them asking me why I'm a weird looking Jango or Boba anyway To each their own! I prefer costuming stuff that was in universe/canon

and I think you've hurt the couple of female boba's/Jangos/Bossk here's feelings. Boba's daughter wore his armor once didnt she? :P
    Dec 26, 2008, 11:19 AM - Re: New girl in town #31

*waves* A fellow Merc, Hiram?

Quote Wolfie said: View Post
    Suppose I can see that. I prefer the kids to know who
    and I think you've hurt the couple of female boba's/Jangos/Bossk here's feelings. Boba's daughter wore his armor once didnt she? :P
    Well, there had been a few rumors that BF was a woman lol but that was before AOTC came out... And as for Boba's armor and his daughter...I have no clue...
    Dec 29, 2008, 2:19 PM - Re: New girl in town #32

Hi and welcome!
    Dec 29, 2008, 2:41 PM - Re: New girl in town #33

I think custom mando's are awesome. Nice to see some variety in the mando costumes. I may look into a custom down the road after my Jango is done (and by done I mean all the upgrades that I want to do )
    Dec 30, 2008, 12:58 PM - Re: New girl in town #34

welcome
    Jan 7, 2009, 3:24 AM - Re: New girl in town #35

I cant believe it took me this long to welcome you, WELCOME ABORD!!!
    You guard UPPER NorCal, and I'll Guard Lower SoCal I'll try to stop them from driving up there and bringing all that darn road rage (I learned to drive in Hawaii, a lot more mellow if you ask me)
    Also, I know you will be able to make your bucket look like your concept (avatar).
    If I can do it, you can do it.
    Any WIP Pics of your sith?
    Last edited by adonian; Jan 7, 2009 at 3:32 AM.
    Jan 7, 2009, 4:05 AM - Re: New girl in town #36

Quote adonian said: View Post
    I cant believe it took me this long to welcome you, WELCOME ABORD!!!
    You guard UPPER NorCal, and I'll Guard Lower SoCal I'll try to stop them from driving up there and bringing all that darn road rage (I learned to drive in Hawaii, a lot more mellow if you ask me)
    Also, I know you will be able to make your bucket look like your concept (avatar).
    If I can do it, you can do it.
    Any WIP Pics of your sith?
    LOL You're forgiven...for now

There's a group of us here, well, 3 or 4 with complete beskar'gam and I'm getting mine together... We'll keep you hellions south of the Shasta County border But then we gotta deal with you crazy Oregonians who drive through here like ya own the road...

My bucket arrived *looks at clock* yesterday... it's gonna be a pain! You'll see in the second link below. It's the first time I'm doing this...I hope to Force I don't screw up

Ah, my Sith... here you go: btw, don't worry... guests can see what normal members see
    http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=14736.0

And for the heck of it, my custom Mando 8):
    http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=15389.0

Quote Trooper said: View Post
    I think custom mando's are awesome. Nice to see some variety in the mando costumes. I may look into a custom down the road after my Jango is done (and by done I mean all the upgrades that I want to do )
    Chicken! I'm doing a custom Mando AND a Sith costume all on a college student work study budget and I've already dropped over $1000 both together... You can do it if I can
    Jan 7, 2009, 5:42 AM - Re: New girl in town #37

Welcome to the TDH Family!
    I like your Conceptual Mando...and the color scheme (for a girl)
    I know you will love this place, their are alot of good talented people here.
    ...and the resources are unlimited!
  13. Member Since
    Dec 2008
    Jan 8, 2009, 9:37 PM - Re: New girl in town #38

Welcome, LS! Always good to see another lady joining the fun. We've got to keep the boys on their toes, after all.
    Jan 8, 2009, 10:37 PM - Re: New girl in town #39

LOL Welcome to the sanitarium where everyone dresses like a Fett Except us oddballs hehe

Thanks for the greetings 8)
  15. formerly Sgt. Skirata Huntman's Avatar
    Jan 9, 2009, 12:19 AM - Re: New girl in town #40

welcome aboard. good 2 C another vode here as well.
    Jan 9, 2009, 12:22 AM - Re: New girl in town #41

ahh i know that name from the merc forum =p
    Jan 9, 2009, 1:57 AM - Re: New girl in town #42

Wow, your sith is looking really awesome. Whichever one you wear, I can't wait to see it in person. Hopefully see you in SD at the CC.
    Jan 9, 2009, 3:36 AM - Re: New girl in town #43

Thanks boys...and yes I'm at Mando Mercs as well
    Jan 9, 2009, 8:49 AM - Re: New girl in town #44

Hello, and wlcome
    Feb 9, 2009, 8:48 PM - Re: New girl in town #45

Any updates LadySythe?
    I looked at your custom sith, I have the SAME Nihilus mask, do you know who the guy was, I broke mine, and his is the cooler version of the Nihilus masks out there.
    Feb 11, 2009, 8:27 PM - Re: New girl in town #46

Quote adonian said: View Post
    Any updates LadySythe?
    I looked at your custom sith, I have the SAME Nihilus mask, do you know who the guy was, I broke mine, and his is the cooler version of the Nihilus masks out there.
    Mini updates... See attachment for Mando update. I forgot to add my swords... when I took the photos. And for my Sith costume... I need up upload my photos to comp.

As for the Mask: blpettyaz@yahoo.com
    I found the guy here: http://www.therevanchist.com/costume...th_nihilus.htm

As for my Mando, I've had to put it on hold. I lost my financial aid and with it my Work Study job which was paying for it... Ugh. Hopefully I'll have my Sith done before SDCC comes around (and have plane tickets paid for and $$ for food and goodies) Darth Real Life is going after me good this round
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0200_resized.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	435.2 KB 
ID:	31780   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0204_resized.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	246.9 KB 
ID:	31781  
    Feb 12, 2009, 1:55 AM - Re: New girl in town #47

QUIT STALKING ME!!! LOL!

Good luck with your custom Mando! I saw the concept artwork for it a while back and was wondering when you were going to get it started. Looks like you did!! Congrats!

Hope to see ya at SDCC!!
    Feb 12, 2009, 2:02 AM - Re: New girl in town #48

...it's boring *shrugs* MUCH more so than when I was living in Rotterdam, Netherlands
    If you love Rotterdam, the cesspool of Europe.. I hope for your own sanity's sake and for the love of architecture's sake that you got out of Rdam and saw the culture elsewhere.
    Feb 12, 2009, 5:28 PM - Re: New girl in town #49

Quote jenchuan said: View Post
    QUIT STALKING ME!!! LOL!

Good luck with your custom Mando! I saw the concept artwork for it a while back and was wondering when you were going to get it started. Looks like you did!! Congrats!

Hope to see ya at SDCC!!
    Jen!!! Wow, fancy finding you here too!! I was hoping to have the costume done before July...but it ain't happening. There are just too many pieces needed to finish it compared to the Sith costume...(which only needs like...cloak, pants, sleeveless shirt, modify boots, cowl and buy means of attaching mask to cowl)

SDCC! BRING IT ON!

Written by Flettch: If you love Rotterdam, the cesspool of Europe.. I hope for your own sanity's sake and for the love of architecture's sake that you got out of Rdam and saw the culture elsewhere.
    I've seen nearly all of the US, I've been to London, England and Koln (Cologne) Germany. As of today, I never want to go back to Holland. Personal reasons. But I'd love to see more of the world... I didn't love Rotterdam but it certainly beat Amsterdam. The Force was just not right in that place
    Feb 12, 2009, 5:37 PM - Re: New girl in town #50

Hey L.S., Hello from snow covered New York State!!

I've only been here for a few months, but everyone is extremely helpful. The knowledge they have, it's worth reading threads until your eyes bug out!

Timmer