Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3
    Apr 29, 2014, 3:58 PM - Greetings from a hobbiest #1

    Hey everyone, Ive taken the dive in to the world of costuming.
    I'm super excited to be getting in to this hobbie.
    I love the Wars. I've collected a bunch of awesome things, toys mostly.

    One thing i find that really jumps out at me is the Boba fett/super trooper/prototype.

    When I first had watched that blurry vid of the test shots almost 4 years ago,
    I was mesmerized by it for some reason.
    It was right around the time they had the mail away offer for the 3" figures... i got three of those.

    Fast forward a couple years, I caved and got this...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0917.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	2.70 MB 
ID:	76547
    The then the voices started. "Do the impossible..."
    And just recently got the 12" super trooper from Sideshow.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1018.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	2.72 MB 
ID:	76545Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1017.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	2.74 MB 
ID:	76546
    Still in the box because i'm moving soon. :/

    Now I've been tossing around the idea of doing a costume...
    I've been surfing the net alot looking to resources, Then found TDH, and lots of info here.
    So I'm gonna jump in head first here, just grabbed this up from the Bay
    so i can put together my Supertrooper Automatic blaster.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	745054032_o.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	76548
    I need to figure out what the clip thing is on the top of the original blaster (looks familiar, but cant place it),
    and the muzzle item that's been inserted.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Boba-Fett-Supertrooper-Automatic-Blaster-37.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	76549

    So thats it for now! I'de be happy to hear from anyone that can direct me to some great info!
  2. superjedi's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    4,365
    Apr 29, 2014, 6:35 PM - Re: Greetings from a hobbiest #2

    Welcome to TDH. The Supertrooper blaster is a very cool choice for a first build.
    Here's a thread with some general info about the blaster.

    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/b...t=supertrooper
  3. syllander's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    849
    Apr 29, 2014, 9:23 PM - Re: Greetings from a hobbiest #3

    And member FullMetalFett is doing a supertrooper also. Would probably be a good source if you get stuck on something, as well as he sells a few Boba pieces too.
    Welcome to TDH man!
  4. RafalFett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,687
    Apr 30, 2014, 1:45 AM - Re: Greetings from a hobbiest #4

    Quote CandyBlues said: View Post
    Hey everyone, Ive taken the dive in to the world of costuming.
    I'm super excited to be getting in to this hobbie.
    I love the Wars. I've collected a bunch of awesome things, toys mostly.

    One thing i find that really jumps out at me is the Boba fett/super trooper/prototype.

    When I first had watched that blurry vid of the test shots almost 4 years ago,
    I was mesmerized by it for some reason.
    It was right around the time they had the mail away offer for the 3" figures... i got three of those.

    Fast forward a couple years, I caved and got this...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0917.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	2.70 MB 
ID:	76547
    The then the voices started. "Do the impossible..."
    And just recently got the 12" super trooper from Sideshow.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1018.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	2.72 MB 
ID:	76545Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1017.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	2.74 MB 
ID:	76546
    Still in the box because i'm moving soon. :/
    Welcome to TDH!

    Quote CandyBlues said: View Post
    Now I've been tossing around the idea of doing a costume...
    I've been surfing the net alot looking to resources, Then found TDH, and lots of info here.
    So I'm gonna jump in head first here, just grabbed this up from the Bay
    so i can put together my Supertrooper Automatic blaster.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	745054032_o.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	76548

    I need to figure out what the clip thing is on the top of the original blaster (looks familiar, but cant place it)...
    Here is one of my posts that will help you in this part (it also have a link to the RPF) ==> RafalFett Strikes Back... with the 4th Shin Tool! - Post #44

    Quote CandyBlues said: View Post
    ... and the muzzle item that's been inserted.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Boba-Fett-Supertrooper-Automatic-Blaster-37.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	76549

    So thats it for now! I'de be happy to hear from anyone that can direct me to some great info!
    That object in the front of the blaster is a part of a Michell sweep arm (one of the variants) and you can find more info here ==> Test paint for Supertrooper Blaster Barrel - Post# 15 (the whole thread is great) and here ==> Rocketpack Adjustment Knob
  5. Member Since
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3
    Apr 30, 2014, 9:49 PM - Re: Greetings from a hobbiest #5

    Quote RafalFett said: View Post

    That object in the front of the blaster is a part of a Michell sweep arm (one of the variants)

    Well I now see my mistake in in my Graflex purchase. I had assumed the spring switch was another item added to it... Oh well look like I'm gonna be making a saber.
    And the sweep arm piece i must have misread the other night.. but awesome! i look forward to getting my hands on these items thanks alot guys.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	albino-fett_auto-blaster-barrel.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	689.1 KB 
ID:	76587
    And this!.... this is just too cool! You guys do important
    things for mankind here!
  6. Syper's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    894
    May 1, 2014, 12:49 PM - Re: Greetings from a hobbiest #6

    Welcome Brother nice to have ya with us

    over the years i have collected parts to build the supertrooper blaster too. here's what i have so far....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20140501-00568.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	76593Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20140501-00570.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	76594Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20140501-00571.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	76595Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20140501-00572.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	76596
  7. Member Since
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3
    May 1, 2014, 4:07 PM - Re: Greetings from a hobbiest #7

    Quote Syper said: View Post
    Welcome Brother nice to have ya with us

    over the years i have collected parts to build the supertrooper blaster too. here's what i have so far....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20140501-00568.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	76593Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20140501-00570.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	76594Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20140501-00571.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	76595Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20140501-00572.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	76596
    Holy cow! Syper! That's an awesome Collection! I'd love to see you build progress when you start piecing it together
    A perfect account of every thing I'll need to collect!

    On a personal note, my Girlfriend came home for her lunch.
    I offer too driver her to work. While I'm gone USPS shows up, and I'm expecting something that i had gotten her as a gift. So i go driving around look for the mail lady.
    Find her about 20mins later. Get home and open it up to find this.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1020[1].jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	446.0 KB 
ID:	76603

    A little rough But very cool to have!

Similar Threads

  1. Greeting from Southern California
    By inxsone in forum Introductions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Nov 1, 2008, 8:27 AM
  2. Greetings from sunny Costa Rica.
    By RichardBlank in forum The Sarlacc Pit
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Oct 25, 2008, 2:02 PM
  3. Greetings from Anchorage AK
    By Krillson in forum Introductions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Oct 10, 2008, 6:05 PM
  4. Greetings from UK
    By Heatshock in forum Introductions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Sep 4, 2008, 4:17 PM
  5. Greetings from Vancouver Washington
    By Cooter Davis in forum The Sarlacc Pit
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jun 4, 2008, 11:49 PM