Greetings from Bonnie Scotland

From
    Glasgow, Scotland

Greetings from Bonnie Scotland

Hi there.

Just registered today, and thought I'd introduce myself.

My name is Ian MacPherson, I live in Glasgow, Scotland. I'm 45, and I have been a SW fan since 1977. I've been costuming for about 3 years now. First cossie was a Stormtrooper, then I bought a TIE Pilot. But I've been wanting to do a Boba Fett for ages. I'm currently a member of the 501st and the UK Garrison. I'm a bit of a short arse at only 5'6", so you can imagine how many times I've heard "Aren't you a little bit short...yadda yadda"

One of my buddies is already on here, Homer-Fett. Ian helped me out with my TK armour, and getting signed up with the 501st. So he has a lot to answer for.

I'm going to start building ROTJ Boba. Got some info from BM yesterday. His work looks awesome, and he has a good rep, so I may get my armour from him.

Anyway, looking forward to my stay on here. Live long and prosper....oops, wrong forum.

From
    Bobcaygeon, Ontario

Re: Greetings from Bonnie Scotland

Any friend of a Fett!
    Welcome to TDH!
    Mike

From
    Oklahoma, US

Hey there bobafettsbuddy. I know someone about 5'6"-5'7", and he gets that short bit a lot too. Last time someone did it he answered back "I'm Luke Skywalker, I'm here to rescue you." I don't know why but it was funny.

From
    Glasgow, Scotland

hollowbomber said: View Post
    Hey there bobafettsbuddy. I know someone about 5'6"-5'7", and he gets that short bit a lot too. Last time someone did it he answered back "I'm Luke Skywalker, I'm here to rescue you." I don't know why but it was funny.
    I've used that line as well. My fave reply is "I'm not small, I'm just far away". you usually get a confused look on their faces to that one.