Wulfs Helmet...

From
    Niagara Falls, Ontario

Wulfs Helmet...

Hey all,

Its been awhile, life (mostly university) has kept me away from working on armor. However this year is a little lighter and I have had more time on my hands, so after some coaxing from a few friends I have finally almost finished my bucket. The Pics below are from the start to where I am now. This is the third paint job on this helmet in the last year as until this time I have not been happy with the out comes. It started life as a Rubies helmet (i know i know) but it seemed like a good place to start. After alot of bondo and sanding it came out reasonably well, the dent was filled in, the dome was somewhat evened. After that it was sprayed with aluminum color paint and then the blue and black, with liquid mask used to create the damage. Since these pictures where taken it a few more things have been done to it, the rangefinder is on ect. I just need to weather it a bit take the shine off, seal it all and then I think im done and then I can post final pictures and hopefully I can get on to the armor itself. Let me know what you think...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bucket2-jpg   bucket4-jpg   bucket6-jpg  

blue-paint-masking-jpg   front-black-painted-jpg   front-fully-unmasked-jpg  

rear-fully-umasked-jpg   visor-installed-jpg   left-visor-jpg  

I helped at SDCC '08 NovallTalon's Avatar
    From
    Yadkinville NC

Re: Wulfs Helmet...

Are you using a craft ring to flair the bottom out? If not check this tutorial out:

Craft Ring Instillation

As far as using a Rubies helmet, I've seen some really nice work done with them...so don't sell yourself short because your having to go the cheaper route right now. Weathering and paint looks pretty good guy.

From
    Alberta,Canada

Looks good so far

From
    Huntsville Alabama

I'm gonna be doing a custom job on a Rubies soon. Hope I can make it look as good as what you've got going there. Good job!

From
    Kentucky

I LIKE THAT HELMET
    good job painting it

From
    Solingen, Germany

Nice colours you've chosen. I like the black - blue combination pretty much!