Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Jul 27, 2010, 6:20 PM - Re: A word from Karen Traviss... #76

George lucas....... making pacifist mandalorians............ *throws up into bag* *tosses it into a box* *makes a packing slip that says "YOU DESECRATED THE MANDALORIAN NAME GEORGE LUCAS"* *closes the box* *Sends it out too george lucas* we should get george lucas for treason of star wars, making mandalorians pacifists............ THE NERVE........... and Death watch being the only warriors........... Kriffin, that disgusts me too.... KAREN TRAVISS HEEEEEEEEELP USSSSSSSSSSSS!
    Jul 28, 2010, 4:34 AM - Re: A word from Karen Traviss... #77

Quote Zuka said: View Post
    George lucas....... making pacifist mandalorians............ *throws up into bag* *tosses it into a box* *makes a packing slip that says "YOU DESECRATED THE MANDALORIAN NAME GEORGE LUCAS"* *closes the box* *Sends it out too george lucas* we should get george lucas for treason of star wars, making mandalorians pacifists............ THE NERVE........... and Death watch being the only warriors........... Kriffin, that disgusts me too.... KAREN TRAVISS HEEEEEEEEELP USSSSSSSSSSSS!
    When the first 'Mandalore' episode aired I stopped watching the show, so I feel where your comming from. But dude, seriously, chill. Its just a cartoon for kids.
  3. Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Oct 1, 2011, 5:35 AM - Re: A word from Karen Traviss... #78

Have to agree, CW is very kid oriented. While I might not agree with everything they do, it's nice to see characters actually DIE in a cartoon again,...gives the lil' buggers perspective. As to the original point of the post, ALWAYS put your story first. Most writers/storytellers only have one or two great storylines inside of them, (though it may be many books in the telling) then spend the rest of their careers just marking time with rehashed tales as they try to recapture what they once did. Never let anyone change your work. Not even yourself (looking at you, Mr Lucas) because you'll find as you age, you're not the same person you were when you were 20, 30, 40 etc. The personality that made a masterpiece may have changed and morphed into something completely different. That new person may be capable of making a completely different sort of masterwork, but shouldn't go back and alter what their younger self has accomplishedl Just my .02 worth
  4. Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Oct 1, 2011, 5:41 AM - Re: A word from Karen Traviss... #79

Oh, and since it didn't really come through in my admittedly long-winded earlier post, I do LOATHE the Mando retcon, but since it's Lucas' decision, there's not a lot to be done about it.