Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Subscribe
    Nov 5, 2011, 1:24 AM - Re: WIP: Two New Mandos #51

Looks all right from here. To be sure, get a straight on shot -- it's hard to tell at an angle.
    Nov 5, 2011, 6:04 PM - Re: WIP: Two New Mandos #52

how you plannin on attaching them?
  3. Nov 5, 2011, 6:30 PM - Re: WIP: Two New Mandos #53

I will be making a vest and than I am going the Velcro route. That way if I want to do different plates I can switch them out and get the most out of my vest. I will be doing a black vest.
    Nov 5, 2011, 7:40 PM - Re: WIP: Two New Mandos #54

i havnt seen many people use the velcro. for mine i striped off the plastic from abunch of twist ties then micro trilled through each plate in specific areas, then looped the twist ties through and clipped em. kinda tough for thicker material but it can be done. hopefully yours stays on better. cant wait to see. lemme know how you attached the velcro to the plates. when you get there
  5. Nov 5, 2011, 8:26 PM - Re: WIP: Two New Mandos #55

I have been doing a ton of reading between this forum and the Mando Mercs forum and Velcro seems the way to go. As soon as I am to the point of mounting the armor I will make sure to post images.

Cheers,
    Robert
    Nov 5, 2011, 9:30 PM - Re: WIP: Two New Mandos #56

alright sick. you thought about weapons yet?
  7. Nov 6, 2011, 1:03 AM - Re: WIP: Two New Mandos #57

I have a few ideas for weapons. I was going to try to scratch build an E-11 and do some minor changes to it to make it more Merc looking.
  8. Nov 6, 2011, 4:25 PM - Re: WIP: Two New Mandos #58

We went over to a friends house last night for dinner and I started to tell them about the projects I am working on. She is sick with a sewing machine and she is going to help me with all of the soft parts for the Mandos I am working on. So parts we are going to do will be a vest, gloves, spats, a neck seal, and a helmet skirt. I an super excited to enlist the help of a pro with the machine as I did not want to fumble around and try to mess up mine learning.

As we progress through the different soft parts I will post images to see what you all think.

Cheers,
    Robert
    Nov 6, 2011, 8:27 PM - Re: WIP: Two New Mandos #59

Awesome! Can't wait to see.
    Nov 14, 2011, 11:17 AM - Re: WIP: Two New Mandos #60

All of your work looks great. I just finished a scratch build helmet based on WoF's templates. I will post the pics I took during the build soon. I am really intrigued about the idea you mentioned to use toilet brush buckets for the gaunlets. I have been thinking of PVC pipe, but wondered if it would be too thick. I like the placement of the vents on the HB helmet. I am sure they did it for safety reasons. However, I still like the idea and how they concealed them in the cheeks. Can't wait to see how the armor and gauntlets turn out.
    Dec 6, 2011, 10:18 PM - Re: WIP: Two New Mandos #61

Quote DarksonDesigns said: View Post
    Tape has been removed and it is time to start weathering.

What the..?!

Ah good, a Racing Stripe... Puh, i always get a shock when i got those Mirror-Moments when its about Helmet-colors.
    Dec 6, 2011, 11:59 PM - Re: WIP: Two New Mandos #62

Never, never, ever start a sentence with 'So'...

The helmets look good tho
  13. Dec 20, 2011, 10:42 PM - Re: WIP: Two New Mandos #63

Quote TD-4608 said: View Post
    Never, never, ever start a sentence with 'So'...

The helmets look good tho
    Thanks mom it was a miss type it should have been "soft parts". (please note the smile).

I am going to try and get some work done in the next few weeks before I get my RNLT orders. I want to get my SO to also work on some stuff to get her kit progressed further as well.

Cheers,
    Robert
  14. Dec 25, 2011, 8:19 PM - Re: WIP: Two New Mandos #64

I have been a bit to busy lately to work on my kit but I have been doing a lot of looking around for ideas on what to do for a blaster. What I found was a very sick tutorial on how to build a blaster.

Here is the link:
    David J. Syczylo www.djsyczylo.net

I am going to use an Airsoft revolver instead of a plastic toy as I want a good weight. I will also be using this tutorial as a base of concepts to build my blaster. I was thinking instead of a scope cap for the end I was looking for some sort of chrome tube.

On to Craigslist to find the Airsoft revolver.

Merry Christmas,
    Robert
  15. Member Since
    Dec 2011
    Dec 27, 2011, 4:56 PM - Re: WIP: Two New Mandos #65

Wow, looking awesome! I like your painting method, may steal that for my Boba helm build

Keep up the awesome work!

Happy Holidays!
  16. Member Since
    Jun 2011
    Feb 6, 2012, 3:01 PM - Re: WIP: Two New Mandos #66

Love the work you have done so far. I can't wait to see the finished product and the Mando family picture
    Mar 2, 2012, 10:03 PM - Re: WIP: Two New Mandos #67

I await pictures of the family, this is too cute.
  18. Mar 3, 2012, 8:55 AM - Re: WIP: Two New Mandos #68

We just PCS to JB Charleston, SC and will be moving into our house on April 13. So not much to report till after that date. One good thing though is I have solved my blaster issue. I am on the list to get a Woodchuck Verp. I Should be able to get some plastic card and add some other details to the Verp to make it mine.

Dose anyone know of some good electronics to add to the Verp to get good sound and lights from it?

Cheers,
    Robert
    Mar 4, 2012, 12:49 PM - Re: WIP: Two New Mandos #69

Quote DarksonDesigns said: View Post
    We just PCS to JB Charleston, SC and will be moving into our house on April 13. So not much to report till after that date. One good thing though is I have solved my blaster issue. I am on the list to get a Woodchuck Verp. I Should be able to get some plastic card and add some other details to the Verp to make it mine.

Dose anyone know of some good electronics to add to the Verp to get good sound and lights from it?

Cheers,
    Robert
    I saw one guy mount a shotgun shell on his weapon and he had installed an LED where the firing pin hits it, it was really cool I thought.
    Mar 4, 2012, 4:49 PM - Re: WIP: Two New Mandos #70

well... technically the Verpine is a silent, flash-free weapon according to the RC novels. No sound, barely a twitch when it fires and no muzzle flash. That's what makes it the perfect sniper rifle.
  21. May 27, 2012, 9:51 PM - Re: WIP: Two New Mandos #71

All moved in and finally had a chance to do some sanding on my bucket. I will post some images after a bit more work.

On my desk I have my Verp waiting for some plastic card and some paint work.

Anyone have a pattern for a helmet skirt?
    Last edited by DarksonDesigns; May 27, 2012 at 9:59 PM.
    May 28, 2012, 12:25 AM - Re: WIP: Two New Mandos #72

I'm probably going to borrow some of your ideas. I've been doing a lot of searching and studying on how to build up my own armor. A few years back I ordered a rubies boba fett. Total waste of money. Yet, I will probably use some of the pieces as templates. Would be nice to integrate some work related items into the suit.

I'm thinking of using a motorcycle helmet skirt on mine. Should work with a few mods for the cheek pieces.
    May 31, 2012, 6:39 PM - Re: WIP: Two New Mandos #73

I don't know of any templates, but I made a helmet skirt myself. Check out my thread -- I'm pretty sure I put it up. If not, PM me and I'll do my best to help. (Although, I'll warn you now, my helmet skirt is not the prettiest thing in the world so results may vary, LoL). Congrats on moving in!
    May 31, 2012, 9:54 PM - Re: WIP: Two New Mandos #74

the most feared mandalorian mercenaries in the making. Looking good man
    Jun 20, 2012, 9:00 AM - Re: WIP: Two New Mandos #75

How are you going to do the helmet skirt? Same color or change it up? Lookin good!!!