Subscribe
    Aug 29, 2006, 4:15 PM - what should I do? #1

I can't decide whether to make a more traditional supercommando armour or something more like this from the mandalorian wars . your opinions would be greatly appritiated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	400px-KOTOR7mando wars.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	12347  
    Aug 29, 2006, 4:48 PM - Re: what should I do? #2

I remember hearing once that Harrison Ford once told George Lucas something in the effect of (I'm paraphrasing) "George...you can write this stuff but we just can't say it!" I see the same idea in play when I look at an Illustration like that. "Illustrator...you can draw this stuff but we just can't wear it!" In other words, it doesn't look like anything anyone could walk around in at a con, but what do I know, I thought the same thing about Durge.

Anyway, if you have the skills, resources and determination, I say go for it.
    Aug 29, 2006, 4:59 PM - Re: what should I do? #3

for the most part i've seen Fetts with a new paint job (mine too ) so this would look realy cool in the flesh, and it would truly be a dented variant.
    Good luck with whatever you choose to do.
    Aug 29, 2006, 5:59 PM - Re: what should I do? #4

I have to agree with Hansoloway, if you have the skill and determination to make it then go for it.
    Aug 29, 2006, 10:32 PM - Re: what should I do? #5

I decided last week when I picked up that issue that I wanted to make this helmet. I have a pretty decent plan in mind to successfully convert a Jango or Boba helmet over for it. I figured it's still Mandalorian looking, but steps away from the standard helmet to still stand out.

Aug 29, 2006, 11:19 PM - Re: what should I do? #6

Quote DellisTantor said: View Post
    I decided last week when I picked up that issue that I wanted to make this helmet. I have a pretty decent plan in mind to successfully convert a Jango or Boba helmet over for it. I figured it's still Mandalorian looking, but steps away from the standard helmet to still stand out.

When I saw that helmet I said the same thing. My next mando I am wanting to build a heavy weapons vairant and that helmet would be great with my ideas. I have a unfinished boba helmet setting in my work room waiting to be worked on. I may start my ideas with it. Either that or I am going to try my hand in building one from scratch.
    Aug 30, 2006, 1:11 PM - Re: what should I do? #7

It might be easier to just do one from scratch... because from the pic it seems that the cheeks of a Boba would make it a complicated project for that style of visor.
    Looks kind of like a welders mask.
    REALY COOL
    Aug 31, 2006, 1:02 AM - Re: what should I do? #8

Quote Andromalius said: View Post
    It might be easier to just do one from scratch... because from the pic it seems that the cheeks of a Boba would make it a complicated project for that style of visor.
    Looks kind of like a welders mask.
    REALY COOL
    There's actually another helmet in there that I was looking at that looks like it would be a lot easier to convert. Basically, it's a Jango with a sort of weird breath mask, and the view-finder was replaced with some odd looking camera. I'll post the pic in a few to show you what I'm talking about.
  9. Member Since
    Sep 2006
    Sep 6, 2006, 1:26 PM - Re: what should I do? #9

Go for that one of the cover shot, Dellis. With your body size, and the look of that drawing... You'd fit that actually pretty well. The drawing makes that Mando look pretty hefty.