Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Subscribe
    Feb 6, 2007, 1:00 PM - Re: Traditional Vs Imagination #51

I probably should pass this thread by and keep my mouth shut, but if I did, I just wouldn't be "me." I think that we do ourselves a slight disservice by putting too many labels on Custom Mandalorians. Traditional, imaginary, canon, movie quality, etc...Rather than divide ourselves pointlessly, we should unite ourselves in some way, shape, or form. I've suggested some kind of group for customs in the past and was blown out of the water for it-so I can relate to those of you who have been bashed for no real reason by certain folks. Whether my set of armor is the best or the worst, it matters little to me-for the most part anyway. We would all like to have our work praised but my motivations seem to lie in pouring what creativity I have into my projects, and also meeting and getting to know many of you fine people...

2. formerly Boba_Fett_03 Duran_Lomax's Avatar
    Feb 6, 2007, 1:40 PM - Re: Traditional Vs Imagination #52

Quote The Asylum said: View Post
    I gotta tell you, as a newbie, if I knew there was this much whining and arguing in the costuming world, I'd have stayed with the fanboy jerks who ramble on for four hours about insignificant **** like Picard vs Kirk. You guys certainly can suck the FUN out of this. It's a friggin Halloween costume that we geeks put on when it's not Halloween. If some people are more talented than others, who cares?
    You're going to get arguments in any world you enter, be it costuming, comics, fantasy, or sci fi. That's just life. People disagree, and people argue about it. Why? Because it's important to that person.

Rubies helmets are just big giant pains in the arse. Id recommend either making one out of scratch (that batting helmet thread is around here somewhere) or acquiring a fiberglass bucket. Of course, there are some who can make great looking helmets out of Rubies (lloydkristmas recently made an awesome one). I just know that Im not that talented.
    Feb 6, 2007, 2:45 PM - Re: Traditional Vs Imagination #53

I got my stick, where's that horse?
  4. The Asylum is offline The Asylum
    Feb 6, 2007, 2:51 PM - Re: Traditional Vs Imagination #54

Quote Kantis Nolef said: View Post
    I got my stick, where's that horse?
    It's dead, Jim. Barbaro's dead.
    Feb 6, 2007, 3:00 PM - Re: Traditional Vs Imagination #55

OrtharRrith posted:

I'd suggest removing the nerf lugs from underneath if you want to be able to draw them smoothly from holsters. The same goes for the tabs on the side of the laser.
    Funny you should mention that, but my friend who is making the leather holsters for these bad boys managed to make them go in and out of the holster smoothly without any further modification to the gun. He's just that talented.
    Feb 6, 2007, 6:30 PM - Re: Traditional Vs Imagination #56

Dha Syntir, I belong to a Mando group that certainly enjoys a good custom Mando, though we're not limited to only customs, certainly. If anyone feels like checking us out, go here:

http://z6.invisionfree.com/Mando_ade/index.php?act=idx
    Feb 7, 2007, 11:17 PM - Re: Traditional Vs Imagination #57

I will certainly check out the link-thanks!