Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SW 1313 Boba Fett - KenChan

Re: SW 1313 Boba Fett - KenChan

Last edited by KenChan; May 6, 2014 at 12:36 AM.

So Animefan's awesome helmet came in. This thing it truly beautiful and I couldn't be happier; Ryan makes an amazing product. Got it all trimmed and the visor rough fit. Now I'm attempting to fill in the Borden connector hole. To do this I drilled out the Borden hole and made a silicon sheet to press up against the outside of the helmet and make a nice flush seal against the hole. Then dusted with aluminum powder I got from Ryan, and back filled with epoxy resin mixed with more powder. Should be dry by tomorrow morning, fingers crossed.

dsc_0049_zpsb3065cc5-jpgdsc_0055_zps3310e764-jpgdsc_0103_zps8804c728-jpgdsc_0105_zpse0705a67-jpgdsc_0108_zpse00ac0d1-jpg

I also got the belly armor mostly done, it's leather stretched over a Sintra core and then hand sewn. It still need to make the straps, and of course everything still needs to be weathered, but I'll do that once construction is done. LMK what ya think about it's shape and size. I know its a little hard to tell without the collar section, but it's just a little larger than the V3 armor belly plate.
    dsc_0084_zps93824a0b-jpgdsc_0115_zpsaa5223e1-jpgdsc_0118_zps0a139654-jpgdsc_0121_zps56ce9cdc-jpg

Actually, because it was such a thick layered application, Its already dry. WooHoo!!! It came out (cursword thats not allowed here) Awesome!!! Just some minor sanding and it almost blends in perfectly.

Also, in case you're curious, I used West Systems epoxy resin for this. Awesome stuff!

dsc_0122_zps6310e54b-jpgdsc_0123_zpsa815d400-jpgdsc_0126_zps5d19f93e-jpg

Wow very cool, look forward to seeing this completed to entirety.

Helmet is looking great! Pro job on the borden patch

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

With weathering it'll disappear

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Started work on the paint job. Seeing as every concept art looks vastly different I picked two photos that, to me, looked most alike and used them as reference. But there is still a lot of imagination in what I did end up masking off. This first layer is Floquil Reefer Grey. I'll remask off what I want to keep and then the blues will be going on next.
    helmet-reference-jpg

1_zpse1971e1c-jpg2_zpsbbec34d9-jpg3_zps0135e100-jpg4_zps224145bf-jpg5_zps84cf4120-jpg6_zpsf23db221-jpg7_zpsbfe4e146-jpg8_zps995ad282-jpg9_zps0016ff57-jpg

Damage looks really good! Look forward to seeing the next layer

All I can say is wow. That's looking amazing.
    so, is his armor (in the "standalone" ref pic) just belly armor and a bare vest...? Looks really cool, but I can't figure out what all he's got going on with his getup. Also, doesn't the stock for his slung rifle (the REALLY long one) look strikingly similar to his EE-3 (I could see why he'd saw it down!!)?

So this happened today.

I ended up using the conventional Jango paints (ocean blue and royal blue) because I couldn't come up with a mix I liked more. Just need to do the ears, a little clean-up, fine tuning and a black-wash to better blend the two blues and I think she'll be where I want her.

dsc_0481-jpgdsc_0483-jpgdsc_0486-jpg

MetalMerc said: View Post
    All I can say is wow. That's looking amazing.
    so, is his armor (in the "standalone" ref pic) just belly armor and a bare vest...? Looks really cool, but I can't figure out what all he's got going on with his getup. Also, doesn't the stock for his slung rifle (the REALLY long one) look strikingly similar to his EE-3 (I could see why he'd saw it down!!)?
    Yeah, it looks to be just a backplate, collar, belly and whatever connects the belly to the collar. I really love it cause its such a unique take on the character early in his bounty hunting carrier.
    And you're right on the EE-3, it looks very much like the ROTJ version. I actually think there's two rifles back there (kinda like the Mythos Fett) and they just didn't have the 2nd stock sticking out for whatever reason. You can actually see the EE-3 in the photo where he's walking away from Slave 1 and the barrel tip is sticking out just a little bit.

And we're DONE!

I finished the ears up, and went back over the Ocean blue with Tamiya "Smoke" to darken it up a bit, then went over the whole thing with 0000 steel wool wot give it a more worn look.

dsc_0491-jpgdsc_0492-jpgdsc_0494-jpgdsc_0495-jpgdsc_0497-jpgdsc_0499-jpgdsc_0503-jpg

From
    Dallas, Tx

that is some really impressive work

That helmet looks totally awesome! great job man

AWESOME!!

What about a really weathered Jango pack? Which would explain why it gets repainted green...? Just an idea.

also, I just wondered if you'd noticed the leather strap that connects the belly armor to his "shoulder pads" that his shoulder armor is attached to? Looking excellent so far, I love this concept and am deeply disappointed that the game was cancelled!

Ok so a little more progress. I got the Shoulder armor done. Still working out their placement. They got the same treatment as the helmet visor area.Ocean Blue with a over spray of Tamiya Smoke.

dsc_0517_zps686246c4-jpgdsc_0519_zps9643714f-jpg

Also started work on the collar section of the armor. This is actually my 2nd attempt as the first time the "lines" of the plating were going inwards twards the center of the chest instead of straight down/outwards. They'll get coated in leather and sewn together with pipping around the collar and edges.

dsc_0522_zpsf3080b59-jpgdsc_0523_zps30578066-jpg

I'm going be going to Otakon in a little over a month, so the plan is to debut the 1st version of this suit there. Though I kinda doubt I'll have either the jetpack or gauntlets ready by then.

MetalMerc said: View Post
    What about a really weathered Jango pack? Which would explain why it gets repainted green...? Just an idea.

also, I just wondered if you'd noticed the leather strap that connects the belly armor to his "shoulder pads" that his shoulder armor is attached to? Looking excellent so far, I love this concept and am deeply disappointed that the game was cancelled!
    Yup, I saw that part. In some photos it just looks like a plain old strap, but I'm thinking of making it have features of the center diamond on his normal armor.
    As for the jetpack I'm going to be painting it in ROTJ/Jango colors even though I've never been a fan of this paintjob. I really wanted to paint it in a muted blue with a big Lvl 1313 painted on one of the tanks, but I think the ROTJ colors will make it more recognizable as Boba. Really the only reason I want the pack is to hide a 70 oz camelbak inside the darn thing so I can have some cool water while wearing the suit as it gets HOT.

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

Shoulders look great!

So leather work was this weekends big project. I have the ammo belt done too, but have yet to take photos of it.
    I originally wanted the buckles that would go to the jetpack to just "hang" there while sporting the rifle holster, but the weight of the damn blaster kept making the it sit wrong and prone to tipping/slipping out of the holster. So I riveted on two straps with with the two male half buckles (one not visible in the photo) attaching to the jetpack harness buckles, now the rifle sits nice and upright/snug with the stock sitting just behind the left shoulder. I still have to make a few small parts, but otherwise this thing part is done

bandoleer_zpsc03f9d65-jpg