Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Star Wars 1313 Boba ?

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

Re: Star Wars 1313 Boba ?

i'm a little worried that this game will turn boba into a clothes horse like starkiller.

Cruzer said: View Post
    Thanks for sharing that back pic, Ken, as it's helpful in showing the ammo belt's construction.

So correct me if I'm wrong in concluding the suit is using what looks like a faded ESB flight suit, two left ROTJ gauntlets, Boba style back, knee and shoulder armor, a Solo blaster/holster rig, and Boba ammo pouches along one side.

Now three things I'm unsure of are all of the various ammo belt pockets/accessories, the boot accessories, and whether or not the vest looks like it has a rectangular pattern to it. Has anyone seen any of those items on other costumes to clarify?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In The first photo it looked like a esb blaster.

From
    Douglasville, Ga.

Whoa! That is flipping cool! If that doesn't inspire a few builds I don't know what will. 501st or not that is tough!

From
    Porterville, California

Star Wars 1313 Boba ?

Started to cannibalize the base of a right Jango gauntlet with the top of a left gauntlet with a Boba keypad area to try and replicate one of the concept gauntlets...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image-jpg  
    Last edited by Cruzer; Nov 12, 2013 at 9:31 AM.
    Quote Quote Posted from iOS app

From
    Daly City, CA

Started to cannibalize the base of a right Jango gauntlet with the top of a left gauntlet with a Boba keypad area to try and replicate one of the concept gauntlets...
    Hey Cruzer, how's the 1313 Build coming along for you and your son?

From
    Porterville, California

We're still in the gathering parts stage. I've ordered a bunch of hardware from eBay that matches the hardware used on the black upper body harness and holster assembly. We have also been lucky enough to obtain an awesome Batninja Boba vest, as well as MR Boba and Luke blasters for this build. I'm on vacation all next week, so hopefully we'll make some post-able progress after.

From
    Porterville, California

Received a few of the various hardware pieces, aluminum cylinders I'll cut up for the belt accessories, blaster, vest, and began making some of the Boba style ammo pouches. Need to find an ESB flight suit, but until then my Jango suit
    will stand in...

image-jpgimage-jpgimage-jpgimage-jpgimage-jpg
    Last edited by Cruzer; Nov 23, 2013 at 2:10 PM.

From
    Kalamazoo, MI

Thats a small helmet in the reference. But I am sure you will make this amazing. Like always.

From
    Daly City, CA

Received a few of the various hardware pieces, aluminum cylinders I'll cut up for the belt accessories, blaster, vest, and began making some of the Boba style ammo pouches. Need to find an ESB flight suit, but until then my Jango suit will stand in...
    Cruzer - I'm curious. The black harness above the flak-vest looks like a shiny leather material in some of the pics, sort of a nylon (like those Northface puffy jackets) in some, but also looks like the same material as the flak-vest in others. Which direction were you leaning towards for yours?

Have a great vacation and happy holidays bro.

From
    Porterville, California

Tone19 said: View Post
    Cruzer - I'm curious. The black harness above the flak-vest looks like a shiny leather material in some of the pics, sort of a nylon (like those Northface puffy jackets) in some, but also looks like the same material as the flak-vest in others. Which direction were you leaning towards for yours?

Have a great vacation and happy holidays bro.
    I like using natural materials, so I'm thinking about using a black vinyl for the first prototype and then using real leather once I've got a pattern down that I'm happy with.

Two more goodies arrived today. The only reason I went with the MR blasters was so that I can use them for making the holster leather wet-forming molds. Once I've got those molds dialed in, I'll mold both blasters for lightweight resin casts for trooping. The Luke blaster isn't too bad, but that MR Boba blaster is no joke!

dscn1658-jpg

From
    Porterville, California

Started work on the holster wet-forming mold. I'm on the fence of whether I should do a Han Solo design with the straighter barrel shaft or maybe a one-off design and do a tapered barrel shaft. Any thoughts?

photo-1-jpg
    photo-2-jpg

From
    Frederick, United States

So awesome to see progress on this!

From
    Daly City, CA

Started work on the holster wet-forming mold. I'm on the fence of whether I should do a Han Solo design with the straighter barrel shaft or maybe a one-off design and do a tapered barrel shaft. Any thoughts?

photo-1-jpg
    photo-2-jpg
    Personally, I love the traditional Han DL-44.