Sort of new to customing

Sort of new to customing

First, you guys are awsome, the stuff here is just amazing.

I'm not so much looking for tips, I mean we all can use them, but I am looking for information. I like the Boba and Jango armor, but I am looking for maybe a canon source of a heavier suit of Madalorian armor.

I wouldnt even know where to begin looking for evidence of such a possibility, so I figured it would be easier to ask the experts. I like the distinctive Mando look, but I was curious if they had a heavier assualt style armor, something large and really impressive?

I am looking for something to take advantage of my size, to create an impossing look, and really test my skills in making it.

Is there a canon style of armor like that, heavy and maintains the classic Mando look?

From
    Flagstaff, Arizona

Re: Sort of new to customing

There's probably stuff in the EU that could give you some reference. They don't really have that classic Boba look, though.

I helped at SDCC '08 NovallTalon's Avatar
    From
    Yadkinville NC

You could check the KOTOR comics series. That has tons of the old crusaders that varied from light to heavy. As far as a true canon source for Heavy mando's, there are really none that I know of.

Some options for a heavy mando:

1) Wrap-around armor similar to storm troopers.

2) Medium mando (jango style) with more armor plates.

Those are the only examples that pop off my head right now.

I am currently in the same boat as you. Although I am not that heav I am over 6 foot tall. I decided to make something that will make me more intemidateing then the normal Jango style armor. I am going with more plates on the whole. I will also have more arm parts, and a stocker helmet. I have a few other things that are going to help sell the "scary" look. If you want to hear them fire me a PM.

Note that I am not really going off of any thing other then what I would build if I was really a Mando. There are a few pictures I am stealing ideas from but not much from any of those.

Well, I am a heavy guy, but I have been working on that lately. I am also 6'6" tall, and when I wear my Lorica Segmentata on the battle field, I can see in the eyes of my opponents they would rather be fighting someone else. LOL

I did see some good examples of heavier looks here, but I was wondering just how canon they are. I want to keep the "Mando" helmet, and the segmented style breast plate. I was just curious if Jango was the heaviest Mando style in canon Star Wars.

I suppose I'll try to tastefully add more armor to Jango to get a heavier look. I am going to make it from Aluminum, so I suppose the heavier sound will add to its impressivness.

Thanks for your replies.