Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Nov 23, 2009, 12:28 AM - Shuk'om's concept request thread #1

So...since I've been making Mando's and refining bucket designs for the last few days, I figured I'd offer my skills (such as they are) up to whomever needs them. Gimme a style (Neo-Crusader, Classic, Custom, Whatever), your color scheme, and any specific design features you want.

I'll warn you in advance, all my "art" is done in MS Paint, so don't expect miracles. Also, I do this while at work (since my home PC is a laptop with a touch pad), so I may get behind on requests, depending on how busy I am.

Be patient and I'll get to you as quick as I can.

Now for the fun part...

The following buckets are my base helmets that I work from. Pick which style you want, and I'll go from there as best I can.

Helmet 1 is a Neo-Crusader style mask. Details and color can be added however you want.

Helmet 2 is a more traditional style Mando helmet. Details and color can be added however you want.

Helmet 3 is a copy of helmet 2, with the visor and T-Frame integrated into one solid piece of tinted plastic. This way I can overlay patterns and designs onto it, creating shapes and faces.

Helmet 4 was based on helmet 3.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Shuk'Om; Nov 23, 2009 at 12:50 AM.
    Nov 24, 2009, 8:50 PM - Re: Shuk'om's concept request thread #2

woah completely missed this... you could do one for me anything pretty much, just want an idea for a second bucket.

Red, Black, and Tan-green for colours

thanks
  3. Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Nov 24, 2009, 8:55 PM - Re: Shuk'om's concept request thread #3

Sure. Absolutely. Lemme throw down with some different things. See what I come up with
  4. Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Nov 24, 2009, 9:19 PM - Re: Shuk'om's concept request thread #4

Okay, Ad'ika. I did one bucket in each style. Do you have any ideas for your "faceplate"? On the far right bucket, the T-Visor and the frame around it are one piece of plastic. You could overlay a piece of plastic over the mouth/nose section with some sort of design. Any ideas? Specific shapes or themes you like? Which parts of the bucket do you want each color? Dome, T-frame, Visor, Cheekbones, and Cheeks?
  5. Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Nov 25, 2009, 12:27 PM - Re: Shuk'om's concept request thread #5

So, I took a look at your concept sketches of your other buy'ce over on Kal'ika's thread, and I couldn't not take a stab at it. Hope I sorta did it justice, Ad'ika
    Nov 25, 2009, 3:36 PM - Re: Shuk'om's concept request thread #6

that's kandosii shuk'om!
  7. Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Nov 25, 2009, 4:16 PM - Re: Shuk'om's concept request thread #7

'Preciate it, Kal'ika.
    Nov 25, 2009, 9:50 PM - Re: Shuk'om's concept request thread #8

Nice! Well done.
    Nov 25, 2009, 10:51 PM - Re: Shuk'om's concept request thread #9

Nice
    Nov 27, 2009, 6:54 PM - Re: Shuk'om's concept request thread #10

hey could ya do one for me tan, OD green, black
  11. Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Nov 28, 2009, 1:36 PM - Re: Shuk'om's concept request thread #11

Sure. Any specific details you want? I'll probably get it done today or tomorrow.
    Nov 28, 2009, 1:41 PM - Re: Shuk'om's concept request thread #12

no just the bacic mando helmet w/ the colors I said
  13. Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Nov 29, 2009, 7:59 PM - Re: Shuk'om's concept request thread #13

Snazzy. I'll have it up tonight. Sorry about the wait. I was in Dallas for the holliday, and didn't get back until 0400 Saturday morning, then had to be up and across town to help set up my best friend's wedding. Plus, last night was my two year anniversary, so right after the wedding I took my girl out to dinner. Busy busy busy.
  14. Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Nov 29, 2009, 9:34 PM - Re: Shuk'om's concept request thread #14

Here ya go, Jango. Couple of different color combos for your consideration. Lemme know which one you like and I'll toss up a solo pic with whatever details you want me to throw on there.
    Nov 29, 2009, 10:24 PM - Re: Shuk'om's concept request thread #15

hey shuk if u're bored and need something to do... let's see what u can come up with for mine and Fi's buy'ces. U can see both of our helmets in the composite I did for Lev'ika to use, it's in his art thread. Basically mine's a modified boba/jango in OD green w/ dark grey cheekbones (the upper part of the faceplates below the visor trim. Black jaing eyes and blue details, vents in the lower faceplates and the adonian style lense. I also wear a grey macrobinoc w/ blue lense instead of a RF. Fi's is a blue buy'ce w/ black and white jaing eyes and black and white stripes over the top, (keep the jaing eyes but feel free to try out different details for hers). She has a standard buy'ce and lens w/ a standard RF.
  16. Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Nov 29, 2009, 10:26 PM - Re: Shuk'om's concept request thread #16

Oooooh....a challenge. I likes it! I'll get right on it
  17. Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Nov 29, 2009, 11:18 PM - Re: Shuk'om's concept request thread #17

Okay. Here's what I've come up with. I'm at work, and it won't let me open the link to your pics over in Lev'ika's thread, so I just went from scratch. I plan on revising in the morning when I get home...

I started with blank bases for both helmets, and played around with colors until I found something I liked. For yours, I hit a decent (I think) OD green, and made the standard blue color a little darker. I took that same blue, lightened it some, and applied it to Fi's helmet. Had some random thought about the two of you having the same color, just different shades...

For hers, I tried to make the Jaing eyes a little more feminine. The first one has some slanted kill stripes, drawing attention to the eyes. The second one has some longer kill stripes that fade back over the dome, and end over the eyes in an "Arched eyebrow" kinda curve.

I had a thought, and applied it to the pic. Made your Jaing eyes more masculine, if a little anime-ish. If you changed the lens in your macrobinocular to green, and stuck some LED's in there, along with your Jaing eyes, then you could theoretically wire it so that when your macrobinocular came down, it's lens, and the LED's in the Jaing eyes could both light up. *shrugs* It was an interesting idea that I couldn't help looking at. I'm gonna try another idea here in a minute...
  18. Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Nov 29, 2009, 11:36 PM - Re: Shuk'om's concept request thread #18

And here's my second idea. I present Kal'ika, Sam Fisher Style...
    Nov 30, 2009, 9:30 AM - Re: Shuk'om's concept request thread #19

not bad shuk... not bad at all
  20. Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Dec 5, 2009, 11:19 PM - Re: Shuk'om's concept request thread #20

Here ya go, Vode. My most basic template. I usually start with the body beneath this armor, and design the specific armor I want on top of it, but here's a basic set of armor for your editing/painting pleasure.
    Dec 6, 2009, 12:41 AM - Re: Shuk'om's concept request thread #21

Quote Shuk'Om said: View Post
    So, I took a look at your concept sketches of your other buy'ce over on Kal'ika's thread, and I couldn't not take a stab at it. Hope I sorta did it justice, Ad'ika
    Well it's supposed to look like a scowel (?SP), like furrowed eyebrows, but I like it.
    I'll work on it. Sorry I didn't see this earlier.

I have to download the pics since they are bit map, I cant see them, I can see them if they are JPG.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ad'ika's Bird.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	38624  
    Last edited by adonian; Dec 6, 2009 at 12:50 AM.
  22. Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Dec 6, 2009, 12:48 AM - Re: Shuk'om's concept request thread #22

No big deal, vod. I'm not doing anything tonight. Maybe I'll give it another shot.

EDIT: Okay, so right after I posted the above post, I went and started playing with it, because I'm lame and have nothing to do while at work. Reworked the eyebrows and the bird so that it flows better/angrier.
    Last edited by Shuk'Om; Dec 6, 2009 at 12:59 AM.
    Dec 6, 2009, 12:51 AM - Re: Shuk'om's concept request thread #23

I did an edit above.
    Actually I think I will also do the bird style too, it looks cool.
  24. Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Dec 6, 2009, 1:00 AM - Re: Shuk'om's concept request thread #24

Heh. I edited too. Nice.
    Dec 6, 2009, 1:05 AM - Re: Shuk'om's concept request thread #25

I like that, can you do some runes of some sort on the left (right side of pic) on the tusk in the gray area going vertical.