Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Subscribe
  1. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Dec 29, 2011, 4:02 AM - Re: Shae Vizla, SWTOR #51

May want to commission a helmet PM inbound
    Dec 29, 2011, 4:24 AM - Re: Shae Vizla, SWTOR #52

Thank you PM about to be replied

Sorry I forgot to reply Dudesir: Plastic welding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia More than you ever wanted to know about welding and the various methods This is different to gluing where you are introducing another product to act as the bonding agent, ie chemical bonds to the agent, but getting the two layers to bond together.
    I used a solvent, in this case acetone.
    I have found PVC cement to be amazing for the extruded and expanded PVC I used (pipe and sheet).

Also I have spent the last two days getting plasticine on my mannequin to sculpt new greaves and cast them in epoxy Fibreglass. This time I'm going to do it right and get the cloth as I am really really bad at getting matting to lay nice and flat and thin. I think it is partly my desire to get out of the room when the epoxy is opened and so I rush.
    Last edited by ShaeVizla; Dec 29, 2011 at 4:26 AM. Reason: these are not the typos you're looking for, move along.
  3. Member Since
    Dec 2011
    Dec 29, 2011, 4:35 AM - Re: Shae Vizla, SWTOR #53

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cat_its_beautiful1.jpg 
Views:	417 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	57797

Astonishing, this makes me want to start my armour build after i finish the helmet.

Simply amazing work.
    Dec 29, 2011, 8:27 AM - Re: Shae Vizla, SWTOR #54

Shae, no worries on the reply. I found a couple of videos on YouTube that were very helpful. I have practiced the technique a little bit since then with a blaster concept. Will do some more when I return to the States. Thank you though. Again, very impressive work.
    Feb 17, 2012, 8:02 AM - Re: Shae Vizla, SWTOR #55

#shae greaves templating 4 hours just to here oy #swtor costuming fun!
    This is a dreadful photo but evidence I am in fact working on the greaves finally! Ordered the resin so it should be here tomorrow. I'll be scanning and printing these pieces on photopaper and resinning direct over that. I'll likely stick them over the mannequin legs which have been built up to be about the right size- I find the hardest part to using card as a frame to resin and glass over is preventing warpage and usually that is down to not having the card supported in the right shape. I need to fix my chest plate and pauldrons with heat fairly regularly as they collapsed during curing.

So tomorrow is scanning and processing and templating of the thigh pieces. That's a bit harder as the asymmetry is worse and the left piece stick out quite a way.

Hasbro is releasing an action figure of Shae Very excited

Oh and please forgive the cat photo. I wanted to see if I could get in on the meme. My boy was most uncooperative.
    Feb 23, 2012, 5:50 PM - Re: Shae Vizla, SWTOR #56

So today I tested my greaves in card and resin. I need to tweak them a bit (then need to be longer, wider at the mid calf narrower top and bottom (I've been jogging, it kind of does interesting things to muscles).

But the shape is really good. They look a little like the pep. Iornman greaves but it is pure coincidence I'll need to tweak the flare of the "diamond" a little more As with the chest, back, pauldrons I'll have them all on electronic file. So less progress than I hoped but we aren't having a launch party here in NZ so not much point rushing to get it done in the next few days
    Mar 2, 2012, 10:28 PM - Re: Shae Vizla, SWTOR #57

Mother of god.... this is so amazing. MOAR
    Apr 1, 2012, 7:06 AM - Re: Shae Vizla, SWTOR #58

What! Your build is amazing. The details are fantastic and the fact you did it yourself. Wow. Simply put. You rock my world. I really aspire to be able to scratch build costumes eventually. You are inspiring.
  9. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Apr 1, 2012, 7:40 AM - Re: Shae Vizla, SWTOR #59

Need that helmet sooo bad in June for real
  10. Apr 1, 2012, 10:31 AM - #60

Quote Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    Need that helmet sooo bad in June for real
    What have you got planned Mr. F4R?
    May 17, 2012, 10:24 PM - Re: Shae Vizla, SWTOR #61

Having a spot of trouble with health (as in I haven't been able to even walk many days let alone make stuff or keep up online.)

Waiting on some cloth and matting to arrive, it seems the courier company has lost track of my order- it's across town but I can't physically get to the store atm.

A bit frustrating all round

However I have started to cut back my Jetpack and other small parts to allow for wiring and lights and a better rigging. It's a little hard with only a bodysuit underneath.. and the back plate is meant to also be seen without the jetpack so I can't go cutting slots in it.... although maybe....

I also picked up a few pieces of plastic tubing to redo the arm ammo.

I'm also seriously in love with my set in game (mix of RD16A, Rd16B and Electrum Onslaught modable gear) Sort of Shae and Zam together It's to the point I am looking at recasting parts and painting them to my current scheme. All new chest piece as they are different in game though. Not for this forum though as it is essentially a custom mando Yes, I chose to take up the name in game.
  12. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    May 17, 2012, 10:29 PM - Re: Shae Vizla, SWTOR #62

I can't wait till 1.3 so I can have augmented custom anything. Cause having to have only the crafted gear stinks looking like everyone basically. Wearing the war hero gear augmented right now. Would love the mando year from mandalorian raiders that gear is really sweet looking.
    May 18, 2012, 3:47 AM - Re: Shae Vizla, SWTOR #63

Yep I have held on to two augments that dropped some slicing (I think- I went slicing before crafting) just in case. Glad I did I haven't seen anyone wandering around in the scheme I am so the new augment slot is going to make it even more fun I look frilly? Bam, how about them frills eh? Eh?

My parcel of FG clothy goodness is being held up by the courier company. They got the goods on the 15th, decided on the 16th to scan them as "urgent" and finally delivered at the very end of the day on the 18th. So close to end of day that I wasn't home and the phone was unmanned. So it'll be a full wwek for my "urgent" parcel to arrive from the other side of the city.
    Sep 16, 2012, 4:14 AM - Re: Shae Vizla, SWTOR #64

So, I missed a big huge chunk of progress over here, oops.

Well despite having to check my carry on luggage in (drop off at end of air walk pick up same spot at next airport) which held my helmet and torso armour (as well as gauntlets and other smaller items packed inside the helmet) Shae is back home in the same number of pieces as she left! yay! I may have needed medical intervention on the teeny tiny jet from DFW to SFO because I didn't want to be one of Those Angry passengers...

And so then in character I got to Shoot All The Things! Bounty Hunters, can't take them anywhere:

For Balmorra and Belsavis! That is the famous Roxy. So glorious.

And met amazing people:

And stormed the Rebels:

Took over the Imperials:

Took a taxi, er, speeder to Endor:

And eventually was caught and repackaged:

More people shared on Facebook but it is being a pain to deal with but I have been able to get a few shared to my page:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Michaela-de-Bruce
    though they are intersperced with a few rants about the flights back and other projects

I still need to harvest in progress photos from a few cameras so will try and do a progress update.

I have just bought more material to redo the chest and back plates, saving up for replacement bodysuit too

Oh and in case you didn't notice, it's pretty fun in Shae's shoes. So much fun. Except in the Marriott elevators.
    Oct 14, 2012, 8:37 PM - Re: Shae Vizla, SWTOR #65

wow amazing work. Im also going to be planing on making two of these. One for me and one for may youngest daughter.
    Oct 15, 2012, 10:26 AM - Re: Shae Vizla, SWTOR #66

Love this costume and I was happy to get a picture with you at CVI.

17. Member Since
    Oct 2012
    Oct 21, 2012, 2:51 PM - Re: Shae Vizla, SWTOR #67

Holy **** this is amazing... more plz...
  18. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Jan 7, 2013, 10:09 AM - Re: Shae Vizla, SWTOR #68

Wow, that has to rank up among one of the coolest things I have seen in years!
    Jan 8, 2013, 2:37 PM - Re: Shae Vizla, SWTOR #69

That *is* awesome. I'm sorry I missed seeing you while at CVI. Very cool indeed.
    Jan 8, 2013, 6:13 PM - Re: Shae Vizla, SWTOR #70

Thank you both I have a few redos to do in light of how very light I managed to make the greaves and gauntlets I'm currently engrossed in another project to avoid the resin for a while
    Jan 8, 2013, 6:19 PM - Shae Vizla, SWTOR #71

It was great getting to meet you at CVI! I will be keeping an eye out for that helmet to get cast Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357687155.968515.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	66454
    May 4, 2014, 2:08 AM - Re: Shae Vizla, SWTOR #72

Thank you I'm so sorry! I have been really distracted by my other Bioware projects (what can I say, I love me some rpg and space alienz)

I have been working on stabilising and making my molds all pretty. So My Shae Vizla helmet mold has had more silicone layered as well as a new fibreglass jacket.

The cunning plan is that the new keys with a slight undercut will lock the jacket in place. If this layer is not enough I'll mix up a paste and work it in and under.

Name:	tumblr_n515pbDKD91qi1vl1o2_1280.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	233.9 KB 
ID:	76680 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sm_DSC_0340.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	366.4 KB 
ID:	76681

Lol! those are not tentacles those are molds for my Maleficent horns

Name:	swtor 2014-02-11 22-21-17-78.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	257.2 KB 
ID:	76678Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swtor 2014-02-12 19-29-51-61.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	545.9 KB 
ID:	76679
    Also since my last post I have my full set of RD16A gear in SWTOR. So Shae but in pastel. It really works. Especially on Belsavis where there there is lost of pink lighting anyway.
    Last edited by ShaeVizla; May 4, 2014 at 2:15 AM.