Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Subscribe
    Aug 24, 2007, 9:41 AM - Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS #151

This gets better and better and better!
    Sep 7, 2007, 9:09 AM - Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS #152

Ensemble Cast pic color
    Sep 7, 2007, 9:59 AM - Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS #153

This looks awesome! This is going to be THE best fan film ever! It's great to see you getting your kids involved with this too, the next generation of fans!
    Sep 7, 2007, 12:26 PM - Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS #154

that poster looks great!
    Sep 8, 2007, 10:50 AM - Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS #155

that looks amazing!
    well done guys and gals!
    Sep 9, 2007, 9:28 PM - Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS #156

All the designs came out so perfect. Each Jedi look like official Star Wars characters. So far I been saving each Jedi pic since they look so great and perfect inspiration for my 1/6 figure kitbashing hobby. Cant wait for more pic updates and the fan film, its gonna rock. Awesome job so far!

anyway we can a bigger pic of the Seven Jedi poster? I want to use the pic for my desktop
    Sep 11, 2007, 10:19 PM - Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS #157

Quote getoninja said: View Post
    All the designs came out so perfect. Each Jedi look like official Star Wars characters. So far I been saving each Jedi pic since they look so great and perfect inspiration for my 1/6 figure kitbashing hobby. Cant wait for more pic updates and the fan film, its gonna rock. Awesome job so far!

anyway we can a bigger pic of the Seven Jedi poster? I want to use the pic for my desktop
    dude, you got some serious talent! great work on the figures, I cant even begin to do the things you've done! nice job!

let me see if i can pull up a link to the larger version 4 yah and i'll PM it to yah.
    Sep 21, 2007, 7:44 AM - Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS #158

Sa

Sa-Jen
    Jedi Master/Battle Tactician
    Last edited by hapajedi; Sep 21, 2007 at 8:14 AM.
    Sep 21, 2007, 9:30 AM - Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS #159

I just wanted to comment on how great a job you have done using the layering on the costuming. Theres always a lack of texture and layers by most people creating custom designs. When watching the movies, its the depth of the layers that add the realism.

This movie looks like you have put a lot of work into it and im sure it will reflect that.

Im going to make one quick comment. Its something that always bothered me about starwars, and I notice it in a couple of pics here and in all fan films.

Often, when people grab a lightsaber prop, they grab it with their hands low on the hilt because theres no 'blade tip' but when they have a prob with a blade on it, they grab it near the top.

This shows up when ben shows luke the lightsaber for the first time.

His hand is awkwardly low on the hilt. Though the lightsaber blade has 'no weight' it works as a gyro (at least the books say).

I notice here and there, that because its a picture with a hilt and no prop blade, the actor, in order to 'feel realism' is holding the saber with a lot of hilt above their hands, to add the feeling of weight.

I (personal opinion and im sure theres many think its important to emphasize hand positioning as a constant while shooting.

Anyway, looks awesome, id love to see a link to the website. And if you dont have an experienced web person, thats what I do for a living, at the corporate level.

I also own www.starwarsuniverse.com and its been sitting dormant for 3 years with a 6 year old design on it, just waiting for something to do with it. Maybe a 'fan film site' would be just that thing.

Hmm. Now thats an idea

Ciao
    Mason
    Sep 30, 2007, 12:10 AM - Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS #160

Quote Stormrider said: View Post
    I just wanted to comment on how great a job you have done using the layering on the costuming. Theres always a lack of texture and layers by most people creating custom designs. When watching the movies, its the depth of the layers that add the realism.

This movie looks like you have put a lot of work into it and im sure it will reflect that.

Im going to make one quick comment. Its something that always bothered me about starwars, and I notice it in a couple of pics here and in all fan films.

Often, when people grab a lightsaber prop, they grab it with their hands low on the hilt because theres no 'blade tip' but when they have a prob with a blade on it, they grab it near the top.

This shows up when ben shows luke the lightsaber for the first time.

His hand is awkwardly low on the hilt. Though the lightsaber blade has 'no weight' it works as a gyro (at least the books say).

I notice here and there, that because its a picture with a hilt and no prop blade, the actor, in order to 'feel realism' is holding the saber with a lot of hilt above their hands, to add the feeling of weight.

I (personal opinion and im sure theres many think its important to emphasize hand positioning as a constant while shooting.

Anyway, looks awesome, id love to see a link to the website. And if you dont have an experienced web person, thats what I do for a living, at the corporate level.

I also own www.starwarsuniverse.com and its been sitting dormant for 3 years with a 6 year old design on it, just waiting for something to do with it. Maybe a 'fan film site' would be just that thing.

Hmm. Now thats an idea

Ciao
    Mason
    mahalo for the input, yah we have a website, it needs major updating though, let me know if your interested, we got alot of content we need to update it with.
    Oct 1, 2007, 3:45 AM - Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS #161

This all looks great can not wait to see it when your done keep up the great work and keep up with the awsome pics.
    Oct 1, 2007, 9:11 AM - Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS #162

Is it weird I counted them to make sure there where 7 Jedi in the picture?
    Oct 1, 2007, 9:14 PM - Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS #163

I love the costume design, especially Sa-Jen and the jedi with the green robe. everything looks like something out of a real Star Wars movie. wasn't there supposed to be a trailer back around Christmas? LOL I already know I'm gonna love it when it comes out
  14. Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Oct 2, 2007, 10:56 AM - Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS #164

out of interest do you know if you will be selling all the props and costumes when the films done?
    Oct 4, 2007, 3:57 PM - Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS #165

Couple of quick hitters for you.

I posted a new mockup of www.starwarsuniverse.com temporarily with most of the art in place. The design is about 80% there.

I took your 7 jedi picture and tweaked it a bit. I used a softening technique to give it that big picture look. I then cleaned up the faces to make them more prominent.

Its featured top the page, but I have no where to link them to. If you want to hook up and give me more info on your film ill make you a break out page for it.

If you want me to jus leave it as is, say the word

Id at least like to drive some traffic to your site if you have one.

Like I said some of the art isnt perfect yet, ve been just creating it as I go. Once I refine it it will be a lot tighter.

None of the links are enabled on the pages except the link to starwas.com and TDH (here).

Let me know if thers more I can do for you and your project.

ciao
    mason

I
    Oct 10, 2007, 6:46 AM - Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS #166

Oct 10, 2007, 10:58 AM - Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS #167

those costumes and pics are looking awsome! Keep up the good work! Can't wait for the movie!
    Oct 13, 2007, 5:46 AM - Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS #168

renko how did you make your saber hilts?
    Oct 15, 2007, 12:28 AM - Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS #169

Quote lowki13 said: View Post
    renko how did you make your saber hilts?
    They were custom built by me, machined grips, tapped, and slightly bent aluminun 1-1/2 pipe of the hilts shaft, then welded together and sanded smooth, then polishded by Renko's boy, then weathered by me.
    Oct 15, 2007, 9:08 AM - Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS #170

they look amazing cant wait to see a trailer for ur film.
    Oct 17, 2007, 4:12 AM - Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS #171

Marauder Lt. Shoulder bells

Marauder Probe Droid

Cantina Alien
  22. I helped at SDCC '08 NovallTalon's Avatar
    Oct 17, 2007, 7:03 AM - Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS #172

This movie is looking to be the best fan film yet!
  23. Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Oct 17, 2007, 11:02 AM - Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS #173

yeah serously this is looking amazing
    Oct 17, 2007, 7:54 PM - Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS #174

Quote NovallTalon said: View Post
    This movie is looking to be the best fan film yet!
    Quote RTDB said: View Post
    yeah serously this is looking amazing
    I appreciate it, but nah dont say that, were just trying to make it as good as we can, its taking us a long time but we want to do it right.
    Oct 20, 2007, 6:55 PM - Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS #175

Some images from one of the final battle sequences