Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS

  1. #151
    jodo's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2004
    From
    The Cold Widwest
    Posts
    2,207

    Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS

    This gets better and better and better!

  2. #152
    hapajedi's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2006
    From
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    330

    Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS


    Ensemble Cast pic color

  3. #153

    Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS

    This looks awesome! This is going to be THE best fan film ever! It's great to see you getting your kids involved with this too, the next generation of fans!

  4. #154
    Melvin Fett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    From
    Iowa City, IA
    Posts
    294

    Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS

    that poster looks great!

  5. #155
    setra's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2006
    From
    UK wales
    Posts
    203

    Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS

    that looks amazing!
    well done guys and gals!

  6. #156
    getoninja's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    From
    the deadzone aka los banos, california
    Posts
    158

    Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS

    All the designs came out so perfect. Each Jedi look like official Star Wars characters. So far I been saving each Jedi pic since they look so great and perfect inspiration for my 1/6 figure kitbashing hobby. Cant wait for more pic updates and the fan film, its gonna rock. Awesome job so far!

    anyway we can a bigger pic of the Seven Jedi poster? I want to use the pic for my desktop

  7. #157

    Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS

    getoninja said: View Post
    All the designs came out so perfect. Each Jedi look like official Star Wars characters. So far I been saving each Jedi pic since they look so great and perfect inspiration for my 1/6 figure kitbashing hobby. Cant wait for more pic updates and the fan film, its gonna rock. Awesome job so far!

    anyway we can a bigger pic of the Seven Jedi poster? I want to use the pic for my desktop
    dude, you got some serious talent! great work on the figures, I cant even begin to do the things you've done! nice job!


    let me see if i can pull up a link to the larger version 4 yah and i'll PM it to yah.

  8. #158
    hapajedi's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2006
    From
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    330

    Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS

    Sa



    Sa-Jen
    Jedi Master/Battle Tactician
    Last edited by hapajedi; Sep 21, 2007 at 7:14 AM.

  9. #159
    Stormrider's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    From
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Posts
    2,152

    Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS

    I just wanted to comment on how great a job you have done using the layering on the costuming. Theres always a lack of texture and layers by most people creating custom designs. When watching the movies, its the depth of the layers that add the realism.

    This movie looks like you have put a lot of work into it and im sure it will reflect that.

    Im going to make one quick comment. Its something that always bothered me about starwars, and I notice it in a couple of pics here and in all fan films.

    Often, when people grab a lightsaber prop, they grab it with their hands low on the hilt because theres no 'blade tip' but when they have a prob with a blade on it, they grab it near the top.

    This shows up when ben shows luke the lightsaber for the first time.

    His hand is awkwardly low on the hilt. Though the lightsaber blade has 'no weight' it works as a gyro (at least the books say).

    I notice here and there, that because its a picture with a hilt and no prop blade, the actor, in order to 'feel realism' is holding the saber with a lot of hilt above their hands, to add the feeling of weight.

    I (personal opinion and im sure theres many think its important to emphasize hand positioning as a constant while shooting.

    Anyway, looks awesome, id love to see a link to the website. And if you dont have an experienced web person, thats what I do for a living, at the corporate level.

    I also own www.starwarsuniverse.com and its been sitting dormant for 3 years with a 6 year old design on it, just waiting for something to do with it. Maybe a 'fan film site' would be just that thing.

    Hmm. Now thats an idea

    Ciao
    Mason

  10. #160
    hapajedi's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2006
    From
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    330

    Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS

    Stormrider said: View Post
    I just wanted to comment on how great a job you have done using the layering on the costuming. Theres always a lack of texture and layers by most people creating custom designs. When watching the movies, its the depth of the layers that add the realism.

    This movie looks like you have put a lot of work into it and im sure it will reflect that.

    Im going to make one quick comment. Its something that always bothered me about starwars, and I notice it in a couple of pics here and in all fan films.

    Often, when people grab a lightsaber prop, they grab it with their hands low on the hilt because theres no 'blade tip' but when they have a prob with a blade on it, they grab it near the top.

    This shows up when ben shows luke the lightsaber for the first time.

    His hand is awkwardly low on the hilt. Though the lightsaber blade has 'no weight' it works as a gyro (at least the books say).

    I notice here and there, that because its a picture with a hilt and no prop blade, the actor, in order to 'feel realism' is holding the saber with a lot of hilt above their hands, to add the feeling of weight.

    I (personal opinion and im sure theres many think its important to emphasize hand positioning as a constant while shooting.

    Anyway, looks awesome, id love to see a link to the website. And if you dont have an experienced web person, thats what I do for a living, at the corporate level.

    I also own www.starwarsuniverse.com and its been sitting dormant for 3 years with a 6 year old design on it, just waiting for something to do with it. Maybe a 'fan film site' would be just that thing.

    Hmm. Now thats an idea

    Ciao
    Mason
    mahalo for the input, yah we have a website, it needs major updating though, let me know if your interested, we got alot of content we need to update it with.

  11. #161
    lorddal's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    From
    Marlinton WV
    Posts
    1

    Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS

    This all looks great can not wait to see it when your done keep up the great work and keep up with the awsome pics.

  12. #162
    jodo's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2004
    From
    The Cold Widwest
    Posts
    2,207

    Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS

    Is it weird I counted them to make sure there where 7 Jedi in the picture?

  13. #163
    corby's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    From
    Parker, Colorado
    Posts
    334

    Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS

    I love the costume design, especially Sa-Jen and the jedi with the green robe. everything looks like something out of a real Star Wars movie. wasn't there supposed to be a trailer back around Christmas? LOL I already know I'm gonna love it when it comes out

  14. #164

    Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS

    out of interest do you know if you will be selling all the props and costumes when the films done?

  15. #165
    Stormrider's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    From
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Posts
    2,152

    Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS

    Couple of quick hitters for you.

    I posted a new mockup of www.starwarsuniverse.com temporarily with most of the art in place. The design is about 80% there.

    I took your 7 jedi picture and tweaked it a bit. I used a softening technique to give it that big picture look. I then cleaned up the faces to make them more prominent.

    Its featured top the page, but I have no where to link them to. If you want to hook up and give me more info on your film ill make you a break out page for it.

    If you want me to jus leave it as is, say the word

    Id at least like to drive some traffic to your site if you have one.

    Like I said some of the art isnt perfect yet, ve been just creating it as I go. Once I refine it it will be a lot tighter.

    None of the links are enabled on the pages except the link to starwas.com and TDH (here).

    Let me know if thers more I can do for you and your project.

    ciao
    mason

    I

  16. #166
    hapajedi's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2006
    From
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    330

    Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS



  17. #167

    Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS

    those costumes and pics are looking awsome! Keep up the good work! Can't wait for the movie!

  18. #168
    lowki13's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    From
    oakland
    Posts
    61

    Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS

    renko how did you make your saber hilts?

  19. #169
    hapajedi's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2006
    From
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    330

    Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS

    lowki13 said: View Post
    renko how did you make your saber hilts?
    They were custom built by me, machined grips, tapped, and slightly bent aluminun 1-1/2 pipe of the hilts shaft, then welded together and sanded smooth, then polishded by Renko's boy, then weathered by me.

  20. #170
    lowki13's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    From
    oakland
    Posts
    61

    Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS

    they look amazing cant wait to see a trailer for ur film.

  21. #171
    hapajedi's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2006
    From
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    330

    Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS

    Marauder Lt. Shoulder bells


    Marauder Probe Droid


    Cantina Alien

  22. #172
    I helped at SDCC '08 NovallTalon's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    From
    Yadkinville NC
    Posts
    2,028

    Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS

    This movie is looking to be the best fan film yet!

  23. #173

    Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS

    yeah serously this is looking amazing

  24. #174
    hapajedi's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2006
    From
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    330

    Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS

    NovallTalon said: View Post
    This movie is looking to be the best fan film yet!
    RTDB said: View Post
    yeah serously this is looking amazing
    I appreciate it, but nah dont say that, were just trying to make it as good as we can, its taking us a long time but we want to do it right.

  25. #175
    hapajedi's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2006
    From
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    330

    Re: SEVEN JEDI/MARAUDERS

    Some images from one of the final battle sequences












Similar Threads

  1. JEDI-CON 2010
    By Dark-Side in forum The Sarlacc Pit
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Apr 8, 2010, 3:29 AM
  2. Jedi
    By Kerys in forum Star Wars Costumes
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Apr 7, 2009, 5:33 PM
  3. Big changes for Dark Jedi
    By Dark Jedi in forum The Sarlacc Pit
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Feb 1, 2009, 8:26 PM
  4. Last Stand of the Jedi
    By Korlak in forum The Sarlacc Pit
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jul 21, 2008, 1:13 AM
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •