Subscribe
  1. Sahirate's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2010
    Posts
    2
    May 19, 2010, 1:44 AM - Sahirate's Design / Build / Upgrades #1

    Hello TDH members. I am Sahirate, a member of the Mandalorian Mercs, and I thought I'd jump on over here and help any femmandos out as well as get some other feedback on what I could improve upon with my set. I'm going to start from the beginning to show everyone the process I used.

    First my design/color scheme:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	design2.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	117.3 KB 
ID:	43895 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Design.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	43911

    My templates on my duct tape dress form I made:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tempondf.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	43912 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Templatesout1.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	130.7 KB 
ID:	43897

    Vest and Gith Belt:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vest and girth belt.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	335.8 KB 
ID:	43899Click image for larger version. 

Name:	girthbelt on vest.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	400.1 KB 
ID:	43900

    Neck Seal and other belt:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beltbelt.jpeg 
Views:	68 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	43901Click image for larger version. 

Name:	neckseal.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	325.5 KB 
ID:	43902

    Armor Molded:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	molded1.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	146.3 KB 
ID:	43903

    I can't find the pictures of when I filled in the darts. From the molding to the silver finish I filled the darts in with Epoxy putty. After that I put a fine layer of bondo over it to smooth out where the darts were. After I did this I came out with:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	silvered1.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	380.9 KB 
ID:	43910

    I added battle damage using Mustard as my masking fluid while putting on the gray and blue coloring. I used charcoal as a "darkening agent" around the damage to give it a scorched look. After my first troop I added the chain to the cod piece to give it a more feminine look and to prevent a "floating" piece of armor:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	battledmg1.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	352.0 KB 
ID:	43904Click image for larger version. 

Name:	codpiece1.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	393.1 KB 
ID:	43905

    My gaunts are cheaply made but the paint job makes them look decent. I'm going to be remaking them or buying more when I get the funds to later on so for now they will suffice:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gaunt2.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	432.8 KB 
ID:	43906Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gaunt1.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	418.2 KB 
ID:	43907

    Painted with lettering:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	paintgaunt2.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	419.3 KB 
ID:	43908Click image for larger version. 

Name:	paintgaunt1.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	390.2 KB 
ID:	43909

    Next post will be how I made my helmet.... TBC
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2. Sahirate's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2010
    Posts
    2
    May 19, 2010, 2:02 AM - Re: Sahirate's Design / Build / Upgrades #2

    I did a scratch build for my first helmet and it definitely was harder than I thought it would be. It was also more rewarding than I thought. I stumbled upon a 5$ batting cage helm that I demolished in the process but it all worked out. I taped off where I wanted the dome to meet the helmet and dremeled it out. Then tried my templates on there and went to town. I used for sale sign from home depot as a base. Once I had my templates taped on and secure I took it outside and fiber-glassed the inside. I let it dry over night and in the morning I removed the tape:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Side1.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	121.0 KB 
ID:	43917Click image for larger version. 

Name:	side3.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	345.3 KB 
ID:	43914

    After that I applied Bondo and spent hours sanding down, reapplying and getting it smoothed. I then applied a silver layer to give it a base start.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bondo4.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	420.8 KB 
ID:	43913Click image for larger version. 

Name:	silvered5.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	397.6 KB 
ID:	43921

    I then again used mustard as my masking fluid and went to painting producing this!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	painted6.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	439.4 KB 
ID:	43915

    Here is my set finished!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Marching.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	43916Click image for larger version. 

Name:	midsection.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	43919Click image for larger version. 

Name:	awesomelookin.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	43918Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crouch.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	43920

    Tell me whatcha think!! =D

Similar Threads

  1. Bumble Bee Build Upgrades! 22th June
    By Halo_1 in forum Prop Building Workshop
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Jul 8, 2009, 1:46 AM
  2. Input on a helmet design/build
    By Scoutleader in forum Expanded Universe Bounty Hunters
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Jul 15, 2008, 10:54 PM
  3. Clonetrooper upgrades
    By Obi-Dan in forum Star Wars Costumes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Mar 11, 2008, 9:27 PM
  4. New Pix, Lot's Of Upgrades...
    By TK-2177 in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Jan 5, 2007, 12:26 PM
  5. Upgrades (many pics)
    By zxwing in forum Jango Fett Costume
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: May 7, 2006, 2:08 AM