Sahirate's Design / Build / Upgrades
Hello TDH members. I am Sahirate, a member of the Mandalorian Mercs, and I thought I'd jump on over here and help any femmandos out as well as get some other feedback on what I could improve upon with my set. I'm going to start from the beginning to show everyone the process I used.
First my design/color scheme:
Attachment 43895 Attachment 43911
My templates on my duct tape dress form I made:
Attachment 43912 Attachment 43897
Vest and Gith Belt:
Attachment 43899Attachment 43900
Neck Seal and other belt:
Attachment 43901Attachment 43902
I can't find the pictures of when I filled in the darts. From the molding to the silver finish I filled the darts in with Epoxy putty. After that I put a fine layer of bondo over it to smooth out where the darts were. After I did this I came out with:
I added battle damage using Mustard as my masking fluid while putting on the gray and blue coloring. I used charcoal as a "darkening agent" around the damage to give it a scorched look. After my first troop I added the chain to the cod piece to give it a more feminine look and to prevent a "floating" piece of armor:
Attachment 43904Attachment 43905
My gaunts are cheaply made but the paint job makes them look decent. I'm going to be remaking them or buying more when I get the funds to later on so for now they will suffice:
Attachment 43906Attachment 43907
Painted with lettering:
Attachment 43908Attachment 43909
Next post will be how I made my helmet.... TBC
Re: Sahirate's Design / Build / Upgrades
I did a scratch build for my first helmet and it definitely was harder than I thought it would be. It was also more rewarding than I thought. I stumbled upon a 5$ batting cage helm that I demolished in the process but it all worked out. I taped off where I wanted the dome to meet the helmet and dremeled it out. Then tried my templates on there and went to town. I used for sale sign from home depot as a base. Once I had my templates taped on and secure I took it outside and fiber-glassed the inside. I let it dry over night and in the morning I removed the tape:
Attachment 43917Attachment 43914
After that I applied Bondo and spent hours sanding down, reapplying and getting it smoothed. I then applied a silver layer to give it a base start.
Attachment 43913Attachment 43921
I then again used mustard as my masking fluid and went to painting producing this!
Here is my set finished!!
Attachment 43916Attachment 43919Attachment 43918Attachment 43920
Tell me whatcha think!! =D