Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Subscribe
    Jul 2, 2008, 7:15 PM - Re: Roki's Armor Thread #26

Stuff Update !

Got some stuff from a Mercs member and its recent arrival (and the arrival of some other stuff) has realy helped me along on the road to near completion.

The white stuff is the items i recieved from the Merc member (thanks Jun), as well as the hip holster, complete with pistol. The other stuff is some just a flight suit, pistol belt and pouches from Captain Daves.

Jul 15, 2008, 9:58 PM - Re: Roki's Armor Thread #27

Got the cod and butt plate painted up. Depending on a thing or two it MIGHT get sanded down and redone, not sure yet.. the satin black texture isnt quite sitting right with me at the moment. But otherwise.. the base primer is standard grey. Overtop of that I used an aluminum plate metalizer to give it the silvery look, ontop of that is your standard krylon forest green and the black is krylon satin black. Any further weathering suggestions are appreciated, as i'm absolutely horrible at it lol.

Further news:

LadySewForUs has completed the vest, and should soon have the neckseal done.

AND i'm in the process of getting one of 99CentTaco's new JP harness rigs. So overall i think i've got almost all of my soft parts taken care of. Just waiting on the Kama :-D
    Last edited by Rokeim; Jul 25, 2008 at 5:05 PM. Reason: update
    Jul 25, 2008, 5:06 PM - Re: Roki's Armor Thread #28

*update bump*
    Jul 25, 2008, 5:30 PM - Re: Roki's Armor Thread #29

Dude, your Mando is looking so tight!!! I friggin love the helmet, awesome, awesome, awesome. And that gun is wicked cool, holy frag!!!!

G-Fett
    Jul 25, 2008, 6:49 PM - Re: Roki's Armor Thread #30

So far so good. I like how you put up a drawing of your armor of what you are looking to acheive when making it. Good luck and can't wait to see the finished product.
    Jul 30, 2008, 6:48 PM - Re: Roki's Armor Thread #31

Just recieved my vest and neckseal from Lady SewForUs, and its all i could've hoped for !
    Jul 31, 2008, 12:30 PM - Re: Roki's Armor Thread #32

Can wait to se more work. Looks like it's coming along well.
    Aug 3, 2008, 2:38 AM - Re: Roki's Armor Thread #33

Those helmets I am seeing there is making me want a helmet like that. Really cool looking helm of a mandalorian LOL!
    Aug 3, 2008, 4:25 PM - Re: Roki's Armor Thread #34

Thanks for the compliments guys ! The helmet is being painted right now, and hopefully i'll get it back from the painter in a week or two. The armor plates are being worked on as well, but those will take MUCH longer, as i've got limited funding right now, and he's got his own side projects. BUT.. that doesnt mean i'll neglect you guys, i've got a few other things going in the garage too. So keep watchin !
    Aug 3, 2008, 4:50 PM - Re: Roki's Armor Thread #35

Quote Rokeim said: View Post
    So keep watchin !
    Will do!

Awesome work so far! This will looks sweet!
    Aug 15, 2008, 10:04 AM - Re: Roki's Armor Thread #36

Ok.. ok.. i've FINNALY got it painted. Automotive style 8) This paint aint goin nowhere lol. Its not finished yet.. needs weathering, a little touch up painting, and a few doo-dads. Namely the LED's in the small holes in the back, the hose attachements in the larger ones, and i need to actually attach the visor and ear cap (and RF stalk) BUT.. its painted at least !! ;D ;D

I've also got the JP sanded down well enough i think. Since the JP needed a little TLC, i'm going to be using a bondo-like substance called EasySand.
    It comes in a squeeze tube, so its easy to get out. Once you get the hardener compound mixed in.. i kid you not.. dont let it sit around long. Its sandable in 5 minutes. I got a bunch of the little spots, and one of the larger spots, gooped up and sanded in 30 minutes. Since I only got a partial tube from the bodyshop, i think i'm going to have to go out and get a full tube.. this stuff is amazing.

Aug 15, 2008, 2:39 PM - Re: Roki's Armor Thread #37

Whoa sweet !!!!! Keep up the good work! Love to see more.
  13. Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Aug 15, 2008, 9:15 PM - Re: Roki's Armor Thread #38

Hey Roki. Here is what that pack looked like before i got it.

Keep up the great work man. You Mando is going to rock when it's done.

Your helmet looks killer BTW.

Aug 15, 2008, 10:07 PM - Re: Roki's Armor Thread #39

A goodly chunk of the kudo's goes to you tho, Jun. That ton of goodies i snagged from you really helped me out.
  15. Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Aug 15, 2008, 10:15 PM - Re: Roki's Armor Thread #40

Looking better and better!

Aug 16, 2008, 11:14 PM - Re: Roki's Armor Thread #41

Your helmet is soooo WICKED! I love it!

El1te
    Aug 17, 2008, 1:47 AM - Re: Roki's Armor Thread #42

This one looks wicked so far, well done! I'd like to know more about your rifle though, where'd it come from?
    Aug 17, 2008, 3:34 AM - Re: Roki's Armor Thread #43

how did you paint the rifle? i have similar guns, and was wondering if you had any tips on how to paint it.
    Aug 17, 2008, 9:17 AM - Re: Roki's Armor Thread #44

Quote Skupilkinson said: View Post
    This one looks wicked so far, well done! I'd like to know more about your rifle though, where'd it come from?
    Its a Nerft N-Strike Longshot CS-6, and I got it from Target.

Quote Kyr'am Galaar said: View Post
    how did you paint the rifle? i have similar guns, and was wondering if you had any tips on how to paint it.
    As for the 'how' i painted it up like that.. its a lengthy explanation. I can list all the steps here if you'd like. Overall it was just time consuming.

And tips..

1) Painters Tape Is Your Friend, especialy if you do like i did and use multiple colors.
    2) Take your time and properly sand off any logos (i hand sanded all mine off, i didnt want to get 'dremel happy' and end up with dips or holes),
    3) Rub the whole thing down with denatured alcohol to get any clinging particles off, then do it again to make sure, and prime it with a good primer.
    4) If the gun itself has little details.. take the extra time to do something to bring them out a little bit, a bit of color on obscure areas can do wonders.
    5) Greeblies are fun things to add if you've got some laying around. The bottom barrel of the front part of my longshot has a pair of spacers and the top cap from the inside of an old hard drive
    6) Above all else.. TAKE YOUR TIME and have fun doing it
    Aug 17, 2008, 9:29 AM - Re: Roki's Armor Thread #45

Awesome, thanks alot! Im thinking of scratchbuilding mine but I do like that Longshot!

Just to add, I've been looking at the Nerf guns. My god their not cheap anymore for what they are are they? Still, I did see some that I liked, the Recon blaster was pretty cool.
    Last edited by Skupilkinson; Aug 18, 2008 at 10:52 AM.
    Aug 18, 2008, 4:49 PM - Re: Roki's Armor Thread #46

where did you get your tubing?
    Aug 18, 2008, 7:46 PM - Re: Roki's Armor Thread #47

*edit for double posting*
    Aug 18, 2008, 7:46 PM - Re: Roki's Armor Thread #48

Quote Apollo said: View Post
    where did you get your tubing?
    Maine Military.com had some on clearance when i got them. I dont know if they still have them on clearance though. Picked them up for 5 bucks a piece . If they dont though, just search for Russian gas mask hose
    Aug 19, 2008, 7:37 AM - Re: Roki's Armor Thread #49

sweet, can you also tell me what the diameter of the hose is? I want to make sure it will fit right for what I want to do with it
    Aug 19, 2008, 9:06 PM - Re: Roki's Armor Thread #50

Quote Apollo said: View Post
    sweet, can you also tell me what the diameter of the hose is? I want to make sure it will fit right for what I want to do with it

The hose is 1" crush proof hosing, but the ends of the fittings are 1 3/4" across.