Subscribe
    Apr 29, 2009, 10:36 PM - The Return of Mercke Lutso (WARNING - PIC INTENSIVE) #1

Okay, I’ve made a thread about this in the past, but it pretty much died due to lack of progress and other problems. So may I present the RETURN OF MERCKE LUTSO.
    I'll post some progress pictures later, for anyone that cares to see them and/or remembers them. Also, here’s an introduction:

I came up with the idea of a civil-war era Mandalorian sometime around 2003. After a lot of thinking, I settled on the name “Lutso”, because it sounded like something that fit the character. I had trouble with a first name, so I called him “Merc” for a while. Eventually I figured out the confusion between Merc, the name and “merc”, for Mercenary…so I changed it to Mercke just for clarification.
    I started writing a short story about this guy. Around this time I started playing SWG and I got a lot of story work done within that creative atmosphere. By the time I left at NGE I had a story about 80 pages long, and still in progress.
    I started seriously thinking about a costume probably around the same time as the character 2003-2004, back when the 501st Legion was still accepting customs. I started out with a helmet, and while I was still in the process of building it the 501st dropped the canon bomb and I lost all types of motivation. That lasted about another year and a half. But eventually, my creativity came back after staring at that half-finished helmet for so long.
    I re-read all of my story to get the details straight, and started drawing. THIS SINGLE PICTURE served as my basis for most of the building process. Eventually I got some more detailed concept pictures, and from there I just kept adding onto the character until I had a really authentic looking Civil-War-battered persona.

Enough talking. I actually didn’t expect such a long re-introduction, my apologies.
    I won’t even bother giving any details about the pieces, other than that everything was assembled by me - except the leather belt and holster - that was a custom order (although modified by me anyway).
    Pictures are better than words. If you guys want any details about anything, let me know.

As a note, the boot armor is currently undergoing a revamp because it looks like ****, and the flash supressor on the blaster is new and has not been weathered fully yet.

Last edited by Mercke Lutso; May 4, 2009 at 5:35 PM.
    Apr 29, 2009, 11:14 PM - Re: The Return of Mercke Lutso (WARNING - PIC INTENSIVE) #2

Simple and not overdone. Very cool.
    Apr 29, 2009, 11:38 PM - Re: The Return of Mercke Lutso (WARNING - PIC INTENSIVE) #3

dude that is by far the best custom I have ever seen. you wear it so well. Its as if han solo straped on some mando armor. fantastic seriously.
  4. slave1pilot is offline slave1pilot
    Apr 30, 2009, 12:00 AM - Re: The Return of Mercke Lutso (WARNING - PIC INTENSIVE) #4

Hey! I have that same pouch in the same spot on my Sandtrooper
    Apr 30, 2009, 4:07 AM - Re: The Return of Mercke Lutso (WARNING - PIC INTENSIVE) #5

it's a good spot for a pouch
    Apr 30, 2009, 4:48 AM - Re: The Return of Mercke Lutso (WARNING - PIC INTENSIVE) #6

very nice!!! I like the shoulder bells! mad props man!!!
    Apr 30, 2009, 7:20 AM - Re: The Return of Mercke Lutso (WARNING - PIC INTENSIVE) #7

Sweet!
  8. I helped at SDCC '08 NovallTalon's Avatar
    Apr 30, 2009, 9:28 AM - Re: The Return of Mercke Lutso (WARNING - PIC INTENSIVE) #8

It's coming along great man, give yourself some credit!

The big thing that stands out to me is lack of armor below the belt. Your boots come up pretty high, so I wouldn't worry about knees and just add a cod piece.
    Apr 30, 2009, 11:06 PM - Re: The Return of Mercke Lutso (WARNING - PIC INTENSIVE) #9

Very Awesome! I think you achieved the look of a Civil War era Mando very well
  10. Formely Jaing Skirata A'den Skirata's Avatar
    May 1, 2009, 3:23 AM - Re: The Return of Mercke Lutso (WARNING - PIC INTENSIVE) #10

looks great! novall's spot on about the cod though.
    May 1, 2009, 9:23 PM - Re: The Return of Mercke Lutso (WARNING - PIC INTENSIVE) #11

that came out so bloody awesome, looks so cool, great job!
    May 4, 2009, 5:42 PM - Re: The Return of Mercke Lutso (WARNING - PIC INTENSIVE) #12

Wow fellas, thanks for the kind words! I wasn't anticipating such a positive response!
    I'm glad you guys like it.

Just finished up this...

May 6, 2009, 5:42 PM - Re: The Return of Mercke Lutso (WARNING - PIC INTENSIVE) #13

Very well done. I'm impressed.